Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonballkyle
    whats a good site to get programs
    Hobbes put together some good information on this

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=software+PPC
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo600Sprint
    When giving instruction on how to change the url the iexplorer homebutton defaults to, you stated open the AppButtons folder via My Computer on my PC. However, when accessing the Mobile Device via PC, the "Windows" folder fails to appear along side the rest of the folders. Does anyone know how I can enable viewing of the "Windows" folder?
    From what I gather that's the way it is for everyone. I keep the IE link ( the one I made in note pad ) on the card and copied it to the appbutton folder via TotalCommander which is an awesome free file explorer.
    Why does EVERY single app running off the card close when the screen turns off?
    I know some apps don't behave with the card, but this is EVERY single app in my case. Resco Explorer, Viewer, Egress, Agile, games, QMail, XPdf, ereader, NetFront...

They don't close EVERY time the unit powers down, but probably every other power down, I look at my taskbar and all the apps from the card are closed.

This is a major strike against the 6700. I can't install all 55 programs I like in RAM. Is it too much to ask that NetFront work from the card? These PPC programs are huge!!!
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I seem to be havin trouble transfering video to my mini sd card. the error is saying that the device is not ready. I have some movies and video clips shrunk to mp4 but when played its pretty choppy. am I converting them wrong or do I need somethin else.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction.

My friend has a 6700. I would like to USE him for his evdo via DUN with my Mac. But the Mac can't find the 6700 even though discoverable is turned on.

ANyone done this before?

Thanks in advance.
  6.    #226  
    skfny,

I don't have that trouble. I can power off, activate mortsaver and all my card programs are still active when I power on, internet radio continues to play with TCPMP on the card even with power off and mort saver active.

You must have a bug. I run everything from the card.

For everyone else, if you don't get an answer, pdaphonehome.com and ppc6700users.com are great resources.

P.S. Today I'm definitely not getting the 700p,,,, I'm currently streaming internet underground techno dance while posting without a single skip,,,, and you know what??? If someone calls I know the call wil come through no problem,,,, the 700p won't be able to do this
    Heya,
    I've been thinking of switching from Treo650 to Pocket PC: PPC 6700 on Sprint in New York.

I was wondering:

---how much does EV-DO cost? I currently have the regular $10 vision unlimited service with 100 text messages included. Of course, it's super slow.

---can you share the ev-do or wi-fi with a laptop? I've been looking for a better solution when traveling than paying an arm and a leg for wi-fi in airports and hotels. Sometimes I end up using the Treo with basic sprint vision and it's so slow I can't do much but basic email...

---I have a Mac, and I use Mark/Space's Missing Sync for Palm for the Treo650, if I switch to PPC-6700, can I use Missing Sync for Windows Mobile or something?

---For those who have left Treo650 for PPC, what other advantages and disadvantages do you find?

---Do you find the PPC picks up wi-fi much? Well, seems like so much wi-fi has gone to password access only now....

---The PPC seemed a little flimsy or not so sturdy as the treo when I held it, what do you think?

---How's the software selection compare from Palm to Windows Mobile?

Thanks in advance to any who answer these and more!
    clarko
    Man....my plan was to stick it out at least until summer time to see what would be available. I have had my PPC-6600 for 1 1/2 years now. I am still VERY happy with it except for one thing, and ONLY one thing.....Sprint never fulfilled their promise to enable the EVDO radio that is inside it. I have been finding myself in need of EVDO more and more lately. The smaller screen was the major reason for me not jumping to the 6700 when I thought that the 6600 still had a chance to get EVDO. Now it is becoming a more acceptable compromise. Maybe.....just maybe....my 6600 might have a fatal fall into the bath tub sometime soon!

I wish Sprint would just announce their phone line up for this year so I could make my decision!

Since I have extra PPC-6600 I could still catch up for old times sake whenever I started missing it!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Man....my plan was to stick it out at least until summer time to see what would be available. I have had my PPC-6600 for 1 1/2 years now. I am still VERY happy with it except for one thing, and ONLY one thing.....Sprint never fulfilled their promise to enable the EVDO radio that is inside it. I have been finding myself in need of EVDO more and more lately. The smaller screen was the major reason for me not jumping to the 6700 when I thought that the 6600 still had a chance to get EVDO. Now it is becoming a more acceptable compromise. Maybe.....just maybe....my 6600 might have a fatal fall into the bath tub sometime soon!

I wish Sprint would just announce their phone line up for this year so I could make my decision!

Since I have extra PPC-6600 I could still catch up for old times sake whenever I started missing it!
    If you are willing to take the smaller screen size on the 6700, are you willing to wait and see how the next treo looks with palm os? Or you pretty much locked into WM for your next phone?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Due to MS Exchange at corp....pretty much locked into WM now.

I am not willing yet to switch the smaller screen, but has been creeping into my mind a more often as an acceptable trade off for EVDO access.

As far as a personal choice, WM IMHO has advanced beyond the POS. Simply for the fact that it has now had what, 3 releases of major upgrades since the last POS. I really like POS, and still have enough software already purchased to make it easy to switch back and forth. But for nothing else true Multitasking would be hard to live without now that i have become dependent on it over the last 1 1/2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by clarko
    Heya,
    I've been thinking of switching from Treo650 to Pocket PC: PPC 6700 on Sprint in New York.

I was wondering:

---how much does EV-DO cost? I currently have the regular $10 vision unlimited service with 100 text messages included. Of course, it's super slow.

---can you share the ev-do or wi-fi with a laptop? I've been looking for a better solution when traveling than paying an arm and a leg for wi-fi in airports and hotels. Sometimes I end up using the Treo with basic sprint vision and it's so slow I can't do much but basic email...

---I have a Mac, and I use Mark/Space's Missing Sync for Palm for the Treo650, if I switch to PPC-6700, can I use Missing Sync for Windows Mobile or something?

---For those who have left Treo650 for PPC, what other advantages and disadvantages do you find?

---Do you find the PPC picks up wi-fi much? Well, seems like so much wi-fi has gone to password access only now....

---The PPC seemed a little flimsy or not so sturdy as the treo when I held it, what do you think?

---How's the software selection compare from Palm to Windows Mobile?

Thanks in advance to any who answer these and more!
    clarko
    i have many of the same questions...i would also like to know how this stacks up to the 700w.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Due to MS Exchange at corp....pretty much locked into WM now.

I am not willing yet to switch the smaller screen, but has been creeping into my mind a more often as an acceptable trade off for EVDO access.

As far as a personal choice, WM IMHO has advanced beyond the POS. Simply for the fact that it has now had what, 3 releases of major upgrades since the last POS. I really like POS, and still have enough software already purchased to make it easy to switch back and forth. But for nothing else true Multitasking would be hard to live without now that i have become dependent on it over the last 1 1/2 years.

Just fyi -- Mac Blank, the Chatter developer has re-released the Chatter OWA plug-in, if that would help your exchange lock-in situation... If not, no worries.
    But is that only for email, or does it do calendar and contacts too?
    Hi everyone,

I'm really new to PPC's and I think my head is about to explode trying to figure out the pro's and con's of all of the different models that are available. I desperately need to get a PDA or a PPC for my personal business use. I need it to have WIFI and I'd really like it to have a qwerty keyboard. It should have an ample amount of storage (internal or via memory card - doesn't matter), it should be able to take and store photos, and it needs to be able to import Outlook Email, Calendar and Contacts...and download my email from all of my accounts, POP3 or whatever. And, ideally, I'd like it to be a phone as well...one that I can use with my current service provider, Sprint.

So, after much looking and wondering, I have narrowed it down to two options. The Treo 650 and the PPC-6700.

The only thing that is holding me back from making a decision is...the WIFI on the PPC-6700. My question about the WIFI access is this: Will the WIFI work if I DO NOT pay for Sprint's Power VisionSM plan?? I already pay a fortune for all of our cell phones, and don't need to use it so often that it warrants another 15+ bucks a month on top of my bill. I know a lot of people that have Palm PDA's and they have built in wireless and so long as their near a hot spot or their home wireless network, their PDA just automatically connects to that network. That's what i want!! If I'm using my own home's or my company's wireless network, which I'm already paying someone else for, do I really have to pay Sprint on top of it to make my PPC-6700 connect via WIFI too???

So far, having asked ten different people, the answers have been split 50/50 - so I'm thoroughly confused!! So...can any of you tell me if I can utilize the WIFI features of the PPC-6700 for Sprint WITHOUT having to sign up for Sprints "connectivity" plan??

If I have to pay Sprint no matter which phone I use, then I'm going for the Treo, since I hear you can read the screen much better in the daytime on that than you can on the PPC-6700.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me!!
  15.    #235  
    You don't need to have a power vision plan to use wifi,,,, you dont even need to have a plan at all,,,, the phone doesn't even need to have service,,,,,, When I got my wx I kept my 6700 for about a month and surfed on the 6700 via wifi,,,,,, It is like plugging your laptop in at starbucks,,,,, you dont pay your ISP to use your laptop at star bucks,,,,, make sense?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I need it to have WIFI and I'd really like it to have a qwerty keyboard
    So, after much looking and wondering, I have narrowed it down to two options. The Treo 650 and the PPC-6700
    If you need WiFi, you won't find a Treo 650 any use!
  17.    #237  
    If you have to have a treo and need wifi I think you can use a wifi card. Dont get the 6700 it isnt all that wonderful. The ppc 6800 is a nice improvement.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    no wi-fi on 650 even with a card (only a sled).
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    i have many of the same questions...i would also like to know how this stacks up to the 700w.

thanks
    Guys:

The 6700 blows the 700W away. 700w has serious memory limitations. The 700wx is better (more memory) but no built in wifi and reportedly BT issues. The 6700 has a faster CPU and better overall options in my opinion. I've used one for a little over a year now and had no major issues with the durability of the hardware or monkeying around with the OS and available software.

There are some apps that simply make WM5 essential. Windows live mobile (beta right now) is one. This is a GPS-capable tracking sytem that loads maps directly to the device via the EVDO connection. No huge database of maps on your main memory or SD card! Great look-up options for local POI's and live traffic reports for major cities.

As Hobbes said, the POS is pretty much EOL, WM5 will continue to evolve. Let's hope it's all for the better.

Good Luck,

Bob Duckworth
    my 6700 has never given me trouble and today it froze a soft reset and a hard reset did not do much to fix it ater installing updated software it works but it will not import my contacts and it lost many of them i thought the phone had a permanent memory on it or my sotrage card. how do i get my info back? Please HELP and thanks in advance