Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Thanks again for the PIE scroll reg edit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I saw there were 1900 mAh and 1800 mAh, one of which said it was 3.7 v. I bought the 1900. Can you tell me which you have? I thought it was strange there were 2 versions of the extended battery.
    Mine's 1800, but I didn't know there were two. I have the OEM UTStarcom branded battery.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Thanks again for the PIE scroll reg edit.
    No problem... I just hope I can figure out how to map to the volume slider.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  4.    #204  
    I got this one. I hope like heck that it is a quality product http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...l.asp?id=20920

I had the screen blank thing again. Nothing but a hard reset fixes it. Popping out the SD, sliding out the KB, soft reset, holding the power down, deleting software, nothing works..

So I hard reset but now the desktop wont sync. Is there a trick to get the desktop to sync.

Have you read the battery thread? I think they are discussing a slim extended battery and a mega power battery the same size at our extended ones http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=1
    I have a dumb question about the 6700. Can you use something like PDANET to take the phone's EVDO connection and turn the Wifi into a mini access point? It'd be really nice to slap the phone down somewhere so not only my laptop, but a couple of my employees could use the connection too.

Seems like the obvious use of the two technologies but I've never heard anyone speak to it directly.

Also, what about an app where I can setup a phone number in a 'blacklist' whereby it gets sent directly to voicemail instead of bothering me. I'd like to completly ignore 800 numbers and private callers.
    Your ppc 6700 may support wifi G. Try the cab here to find out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...er=asc&start=0

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Your ppc 6700 may support wifi G. Try the cab here to find out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...er=asc&start=0

Surur
    Unlike the GSM Wizard variants, the PPC-6700 appears to have 802.11B hardware only.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondeno
    I have a dumb question about the 6700. Can you use something like PDANET to take the phone's EVDO connection and turn the Wifi into a mini access point? It'd be really nice to slap the phone down somewhere so not only my laptop, but a couple of my employees could use the connection too.

Seems like the obvious use of the two technologies but I've never heard anyone speak to it directly.
    I've never seen such a thing... that would be asking quite a bit from the poor WM TCP/IP stack...
    Also, what about an app where I can setup a phone number in a 'blacklist' whereby it gets sent directly to voicemail instead of bothering me. I'd like to completly ignore 800 numbers and private callers.
    You could give this a shot:
    http://www.pocketx.net/products/photocontactspro_ppc/
  9.    #209  
    I thought I typed this up but I cant find my post anywhere.

So I had the "screen dim while plugged into USB again". I dont know if it is MortSaver or my Razor USB car charger but the screen blinked then nothing will get the screen of dim while a USB is plugged in. I strongly suspect the Motorola V3 car charger is a bad idea.

So I hard reset and restored via SunnySoft backup and it didnt go well, files were duplicated, some were in the wrong spots and I couldnt sync. So I hard reset and restored one by one.

I first loaded Sprite and again as before all the text was garbled I used the beta here http://mobilitytoday.com/news/005823/sprite_backup_beta

Which beta is working for everyone?
    Anyone have problems syncing only Contacts with Outlook 2003 (Pro)? I had AVAST on this system and tried to remove all traces, but the garbage messages still come up when syncing, with Outlook looking for the AVAST .dll files. Tried restoring/reinstalling and somehow it still does it.

Help?
    GEEKTOPIC - The Geek Forum. <--Free Hentai Image Forum!
    Somewhere in this massive thread, I had asked about antivirus solutions. Here's a note on a new AV product in case anyone else is interested. I still have not bought the phone, so I can't test the app to give an opinion.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...nti-virus-app/
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    I may as well expand on my "haven't bought the phone" comment above. I've been to the store to play with it twice. I thought I would probably waltz into the store, surf with the phone for a few minutes, and then make a purchase. Well, unfortunately, I was underwhelmed each time. I just didn't find the phone to be user-friendly enough to drop 500 bucks on it. The main issue I guess I had was Pocket IE was tough to surf with, one-handed. I felt like to surf a webpage effectively, I had to use the stylus for scrolling. Using the down button for scrolling just went from link to link. It didn't seem smooth. I just found it to be clunky.

Did any of you feel this way but later find out ways to smooth the scrolling experience and thus improve usability?

Thanks, Mike
  13.    #213  
    The treo definitely has the best nav, R&L for links, up n down for page by page. I got use to the 6700 page up and down by widening the vertical scroll bar and tapping in that to page up n down. Or using the 1 and 0 to page up and down via a rig hack. When it really comes down to it If you want a big horizontal KB, a bigger screen, more memory and multitasking the 6700 makes you forget the other details like convenient one handedness.

The treo is a better PDA IMHO. It is easier to use, its smaller and there is more software for it.

But I still like the PPC 6700 better simply because PIE is way better than Blazer, the treo screen seems tiny and its 15 megs to short.

But my PPC will be on ebay the day a high res, clamshell PDA with external storage becomes available.
    Thanks for those remarks Tem. I see your points.

Regarding my AV link above and previous mentions regarding PDA security, here's an interesting link titled "Will 2006 be the year for BlackBerry viruses?"

http://www.bbhub.com/2006/02/19/will...berry-viruses/

I think it's safer to assume that it could be the year for any of the PDA flavors--not just BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP
    I may as well expand on my "haven't bought the phone" comment above. I've been to the store to play with it twice. I thought I would probably waltz into the store, surf with the phone for a few minutes, and then make a purchase. Well, unfortunately, I was underwhelmed each time. I just didn't find the phone to be user-friendly enough to drop 500 bucks on it. The main issue I guess I had was Pocket IE was tough to surf with, one-handed. I felt like to surf a webpage effectively, I had to use the stylus for scrolling. Using the down button for scrolling just went from link to link. It didn't seem smooth. I just found it to be clunky.

Did any of you feel this way but later find out ways to smooth the scrolling experience and thus improve usability?

Thanks, Mike
    Mike - I'm having a similar experience. I've had the Treo 600 since October '03 and have recently transitioned to the PPC6700. I'm so used to the simplistic navigation of the Treo that the PPC seems to take much more time to accomplish similar tasks (except web surfing). I have until this Friday to make up my mind on whether I should return the 6700 or not (2 week hardware trial). I'm leaning heavily to sending it back, using the 600 for a bit and then pulling the trigger when Sprint releases the 700. But I'm slowly getting used to it and am very much appreciating the wifi. My biggest beef so far is simply making calls without using the stylus (locating the contact I need) and a quality email app for background or push email. I have a few more late nights learning how to make this thing easier to use.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Concerning the ease of use of a PPC.....Take a look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    It is too hard to navigate! I want my Palm back!
    Believe it or not it is just as easy to Navigate in WM as it is in Palm OS, once you get a little knowledge of the OS and some nifty little utilities:

WM Easy of Use / One Hand Tips Thread
    Thanks Hobbes. Hugely valuable information. ContactBreeze is a step in the right direction. PocketBreeze is great but I can't seem to select, edit, open or create new appnts, tasks etc. from the list on the Today screen. Looking into other contact and task management systems. Exploring voice command and BT next. Thanks again.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    couple of weeks ago i retired my 650 for the 6700. after 3 weeks though, i was right back at the sprint store, bringing my 650 out of retirement. Mostly for the same reason that have been gone over a million times im sure. I know i will never underestimate the benefit of one handed operations again ( A Very expensive lesson if i might add).
    So here I am, back at square one waiting for the 700 to be released for Sprint. Sigh.
    When giving instruction on how to change the url the iexplorer homebutton defaults to, you stated open the AppButtons folder via My Computer on my PC. However, when accessing the Mobile Device via PC, the "Windows" folder fails to appear along side the rest of the folders. Does anyone know how I can enable viewing of the "Windows" folder?
    whats a good site to get programs