Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Maybe I'm the last one to realize this, but I finally bought a new 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter so I could listen to audiobooks in my car using my trusty cassette adapter. The one I had been using had two contacts on the tip and only gave me sound out of one car speaker if it was fully inserted in the phone.

The one I bought is made for the Motorola iTunes phone (bought it at a Cingular store) and has 4 contacts on the tip, presumably so it can be used with a handsfree.

Here's the cool part - if I do not have my BT headset on, *all* phone audio goes out through the headphone jack and comes out my car speakers - including the phone call audio. I'm pretty sure the 2 connector adapter didn't do this. I haven't tested this on an actual call aside from checking voicemail. YMMV
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  2.    #182  
    I think when pocketmax releases WM5 screenguard it will be a good one. http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...74769&R=174769

Pleases school me, you called the email client on the 6700 PIE? I thought Pie was only the browser.
    Oops' - PIE is the browser. I misspoke, er... mistyped.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  4.    #184  
    I downloaded the WM5 beta for sprite backup and the app showed gargled text on the screen. I also DL SunnySoft back up and it looked great and ran without error.

Also Dl whereismyram? It looked like it wasnt WM5 compatible. It there anything similar out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by tem
    I downloaded the WM5 beta for sprite backup and the app showed gargled text on the screen. I also DL SunnySoft back up and it looked great and ran without error.

Also Dl whereismyram? It looked like it wasnt WM5 compatible. It there anything similar out there?
    Odd- I use Sprite and don't have that problem.

MemMaid, but it's not free.
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Odd- I use Sprite and don't have that problem.

MemMaid, but it's not free.
    I use the Sprite beta as well with good success. MemMaid is a good addition even if you have to buy it (which you do). Works well to preserve your fragile, and easily gobbled, and oh-so-precious memory from all the add-on's and OS packages that want to occupy it permanently.

Get both and use them religiously.

Bob Duckworth
  7.    #187  
    Does anyone know of any reason why one may be better than the other? Sprite vs SunnySoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Does anyone know of any reason why one may be better than the other? Sprite vs SunnySoft.
    I don't have experience with the SunnySoft package, but others have said that it worked fine for them on a 6700.

Likely personal experience and preference is the driving force in choosing a backup package between the two.

Bob Duckworth
    Do you install these on the card or in main memory?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sprite works great for me.....EXCEPT if I have any emails with attachments. It kills any backup attempts to the SD card. It will still a backup via sync onto my Laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Do you install these on the card or in main memory?
    I would always incourage to install in Storage so that if you even have a hard reset you still have the program available to use to restore the backup from your card.
    Do you mean the storage on the device? Hard reset won't delete it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13.    #193  
    I don't know about Sprite but SunnySoft looks as if it creates a self extracting file on the card that I suppose will overwrite the internal. I guess I should read up on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I don't know about Sprite but SunnySoft looks as if it creates a self extracting file on the card that I suppose will overwrite the internal. I guess I should read up on it.
    Sprite does create self-extracting backups however the WM5 beta does not (yet). Sprite will maintain a configurable number of rolling backups (on the storage card).
    I read the following quote from a thread in the 700W discussion board regarding Goodlink--which I currently use on my Treo 600 and plan to use on the 6700.

Hi, I have been using goodlink on my 700 for over a week now and have not had battery issues. This is probably because I shut off EVDO (#*#3836) unless I need to use the internet. Goodlink works great without EVDO turned on.
    This is an interesting solution to me, because I agree that Goodlink works fine without EVDO (since I don't have it on my T600). Is it possible to shut off EVDO but not 1xRTT on the 6700?

Thanks, Mike
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    So I have a buddy that was talking to Sirius and the tech told him that he needed to call Sprint and talk to them to have them credit him the difference on a Sirius subscription. This is because Sprint is paying Sirius whether he uses it or not so technically sprint is just a pass through for the money we "technically" are paying for the service we'll never have.

Now I told him that sounded like a WHOLE BUNCH of **** so I figured I'd ask here and see what you guys thought and have experienced?

I told him to just start a subscription and stream through the phone just as the desktop or laptop at home, and that is most likely what he'll do.... but the Sirius guy was trying to say that Sprint will credit him some amount toward his subscription since he can't use the Spring Sirius.

Thanks for your input guys!
    If Guns cause crime, then Pencils cause misspelled words......
  17.    #197  
    Phurth or any one else how are you liking you extended batteries
    Bump?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Bump?
    Yes. The extended battery creates a serious bump.

I love it. I haven't put the standard battery back in since getting my extended battery. It gets me through an entire day without having to top off via USB. I'm easily getting twice the run-time versus the standard battery.
  20.    #200  
    Thanks Phurth, I laughed out loud then had to try and explain what was so funny, I gave up and confessed that I was a dork.

I saw there were 1900 mAh and 1800 mAh, one of which said it was 3.7 v. I bought the 1900. Can you tell me which you have? I thought it was strange there were 2 versions of the extended battery.