Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have a 7105t Blackberry and it really is a nice device. It gets email immediately as you all know, has all the normal PIM functions, and it is a really good phone. Plus, it looks good. I think it definitely looks better than my 650 did and it certainly looks better than my Qtek 9100.

However, it doesn't allow me to do much at all beyond email, phone, and PIM. I was a bit surprised by just how little the device does but I suppose there is something to be said for its simplicity. ALL of the things it is supposed to do actually get done! On the Treo there was always something that didn't work, like the Versamail application is said to be hit or miss (I never had a problem fortunately). With WM and its abundant features there is always something that doesn't work. On the Blackberry everything does what it should. I'm probably not going to keep it after the free service is finished, as I use the extra features of my WM device on a daily basis, but I certainly understand why many like it.

I do not appreciate how on this advanced email device I end up with one inbox for all emai and sms...together. Why would I want that? Scrolling through 20 sms messages on the scroll wheel (an annoyingly limited nav. tool) just to get to the first email is VERY annoying. I shouldn't have to do that.

In the end, I would definitely choose a Treo 600/650 or a WM PPC phone over this. In fact, I'm thinking that I'd like to trade it for one.
    You weren't able to get an unlocked 8700c? That one is clearly a better BB. Step in the right direction for RIM. If I were forced to take BB, I'd demand that one.

But the 7105t looks better than your Qtek?? I still think that little device rocks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I probably could get the 8700c, but I really didn't even intend to get this Blackberry. It is straight from Oprah's show, service paid for and everything, so I really can't complain about that.

With the two devices sitting side-by-side on my desk or nightstand, the 7105 looks better than the Qtek...it is slimmer, has a pretty shape, a glossy finish, and I prefer the darker colors. It is still going to stay on the desk when I go somewhere (the Qtek is going with me), but it does look nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    I probably could get the 8700c, but I really didn't even intend to get this Blackberry. It is straight from Oprah's show, service paid for and everything, so I really can't complain about that.

With the two devices sitting side-by-side on my desk or nightstand, the 7105 looks better than the Qtek...it is slimmer, has a pretty shape, a glossy finish, and I prefer the darker colors. It is still going to stay on the desk when I go somewhere (the Qtek is going with me), but it does look nice.
    Dude, no car ?? Oprah must be hard up for cash these days