Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Do you think this is a ploy to get 6600 owners to buy the 6700? Does it have EVDO?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yeah the 6700 has evdo.

Personally, I really like the larger screen on the 6600. I don't mind the 6700 but I don't at this point think the trade off of screen versus speed is worth it for me. If my needs change, I might make the jump.

Wonder whats next in line with the 6700?

As far as class action...who knows. It appears that sprint definitely mislead but I personally dont know that. IMO I think they could not get the 6600 to work with the evdo authentication on sprints towers. Hardware wise, the sprint and verizon version are virtually the same and verizon has evdo on the 6600.

Im disappointed but its not all that bad. Maybe I will look at the new Treo when it comes out :-D
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Hmm... where is Hobbes? I was hoping he could weigh in with some insider info that tells a different tale....
    *sparks*
    I wish Hobbes had some different information but I doubt it. He is probably getting hooked up with the 6700 as we speak! (jk) :-D
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I wish Hobbes had some different information but I doubt it. He is probably getting hooked up with the 6700 as we speak! (jk) :-D
    if anyone will get a 6700 for free because of this, it will be Hobbes

hell he should get one for free for probably convincing hundreds of people to go out and buy a 6600

here's to Hobbes!
    *sparks*
    You are right about all that...but I dont think he will voluntarily take the 6700...I think he needs the larger screen for spreadsheets and his gps. Well see though :-)

7.    #47  
    Hi guys! T2...you are right. I too have a strong preference for the larger screen. I do use GPS and remote access to my work desktop to look up stats, access corp files, etc.... But then again, when doing the remote access EVDO would be great!

I have not inquired with my contacts on the news from PCSintel yet. But according to their last news update (which originally matched the time frame shared with me), does not look good.

I still think I am still happy enough with the 6600 that I will skip this gen of phones and wait to see what is coming out this spring / summer.

If mine breaks and I get a 6700, so be it, but I am not going to actively try.

oh.....where or where is my Universal?
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 02/20/2006 at 11:14 AM.
    I am on the phone with Sprint as we speak. The guy told me that my phone (PPC-6600 is able to be updated and he is transfering me to the Internet department.) We shall see...(11:25)

After checking it, the internet guy is now transfering me to the advanced support since "this device is unable to support it, but we will see what options you have"... holding...(11:30)

Spoke to Clay, and he seemed like a nice enough guy. Told me that they are doing extensive testing to get the 6600 EVDO working. He also commented that the 6700 is just a "very nice machine." He told me that it should be ready around the end of first quarter. After asking if there was an upgrade path from the 6600 to the 6700 he asked his supervisor and then came back with a no. (12:00)

So a little over 30 minutes on the phone and really, nothing much has changed. Still rumored to be in the works, still having no EVDO phone.
    Last edited by NetApex; 02/20/2006 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I still think I am still happy enough with the 600 that I will skip this gen of phones and wait to see what is coming out this spring / summer.
    you took the words out of my mouth. Really, the only thing i would like EVDO for is streaming internet radio into my car, and the occasional terminal client into clients' servers (only when absolutely necessary... real tough on even the 6600 screen). I love this thing and will wait it out to see whats next after whats next, probably. Besides, i gotta get some mileage out of these accessories!
    *sparks*
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by limesparks
    Besides, i gotta get some mileage out of these accessories!
    That is what BT is for....except for batteries, charges, and case....everything else I have is BT (GPS, mouse, keyboard, headset, etc...) or universal (ext speakers, windshield mount, etc...). So changing phones now has a minimal impact.

You add in that a lot of newer phones are going with a straight mini-USB connector, possibly even more may interchange between phones.
    Having a throwback Thursday - 10 years ago we were revelling in the wonder that was the HTC PPC-6600, really the first of its kind in many ways (the full Exchange Server sync was revolutionary).

My how far we've come... today i'm rocking an iPhone 6 Plus...

If anyone is listening...

*sparx*
    *sparks*
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    WOW, you have been around here a long time. My first "smart phone" is the Pre3 ;-)
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    My first smartphone was the PPC-6700. Big ol brick, but it got the job done. It got me more into making my website more mobile friendly. Had a JavaScript and JSP-based chatroom that worked on it. The workarounds for dynamic html adding page elements in Pocket IE were pretty screwy.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123