Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Ah...memories...... .....He is still around over at PDAphoneHome....but I think he is a 6700 man now-a-days.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Ah...memories...... .....He is still around over at PDAphoneHome....but I think he is a 6700 man now-a-days.
    Ah, yes - Bob Duckworth - I'm still around. Just hang out over at the PDAPhoneHome forum for the most part.

I'm still hauling around an XV6600 from VZW waiting until they cough up the 6700 and a few of the issues get worked out. I still check here for Hobbes' posts and other news from time to time.

This place is pretty tame and that's nice as compared to the 6600 forum over there.

We'll see what the Treo 700 is like as well. Maybe that is a possibility.

Best and Happy Holidays to all,

Bob Duckworth
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    Ah, yes - Bob Duckworth - I'm still around. Just hang out over at the PDAPhoneHome forum for the most part.
    That's great...I was asking Hobbes about you.

Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    This place is pretty tame and that's nice as compared to the 6600 forum over there.
    Ive noticed.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Hobbes-did you see that post over in the 6600 evdo thread on pdaphonehome about someone (who looks credible) beta testing the evdo upgrade for the 6600. (this is where I pretend Im Perry 'I beleive' :-D
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

5.    #25  
    Yes I did. I wonder what his follow up will be. I am not sure if this is good news or bad news though.
    Well if its true...then its just one more indication that they want more and more people on evdo.

7.    #27  
    As long as they do not dump it because of tech issues...that is my concern at the moment.
  8.    #28  
    I just got confirmation today from a reliable source that there will be a PPC-6600 EVDO upgrade released in Feb.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I just got confirmation today from a reliable source that there will be a PPC-6600 EVDO upgrade released in Feb.
    Sweet (ignore the question about it in the other cdma evdo thread you posted.)

Simple question--let's say that they do make our 6600s EVDO capable in Feb...will they then increase the Vision plan to the EVDO cost (I think it's $15 a month). Most of us are paying $5 or $10 a month depending on what Vision plan we have and it would suck to have to pay the extra!

Or...do I keep paying $5 a month, but I don't benefit from the EVDO speed?
  11.    #31  
    First of all....Welcome to TC!!!!!!!

To answer your Q: Yes...but $15 is nothing compared to VZ $45 a month for the same service!
    Im confused, I saw a PPC-6600 in my local circuit city, and it had the EV symbol at the top of the screen exactly as my 6700 does. The salesman told me that the phone comes with EVDO, and demonstrated web surfing. Is this The Sprint network only that you guys are referring to?
    Yes. Verizon has had the evdo version of the 6600. Those of us still talking about it are on sprint.

Any new developments? btw, I did not see the 6600 on Sprint's site (just checked). Do they still offer it?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry
    Any new developments? btw, I did not see the 6600 on Sprint's site (just checked). Do they still offer it?
    pdaphonehome has a thread on it. People are doing all sorts of stuff trying to get it working. It seems to work for a second and then it drops the connection. I also keep hearing more possible rumors that it is a month away. I can wait.

I bought mine used off ebay (looks brand new though.) Didn't come with a lot of accessories but you can get things really cheap for it off ebay.

Saw this today. Q1 2006 they claim. Good Luck guys.

Bob Duckworth

http://www.pcsintel.com/modules.php?...ticle&sid=1219
    pdaphonehome has been down for a couple of days... anyone hear anything?
    *sparks*
    Not yet...the consensus (if there is one) is that the planned update still has some bugs in it. 'the kid' over at pdaphonehome has been getting a 'leaked' rom to connect on evdo with the 6600 but it doesnt stay.

IMO if it happens, great. If it doesn't, thats ok to. The browsing is still pretty good even without evdo. But, yeah-I would rather have the evdo. :-)

Well, the suspense is over. We aint gettin EVDO.

http://www.pcsintel.com/modules.php?...rder=0&thold=0

Truly disappointing.

*sparks*
    Quote Originally Posted by limesparks
    Well, the suspense is over. We aint gettin EVDO.

http://www.pcsintel.com/modules.php?...rder=0&thold=0

Truly disappointing.

This is TRULY disappointing. I wonder if a class-action suit will be far behind this decision?

Sorry guys.

Bob DUckworth
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast