Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Yes...I use SBP Pocket Plus. I offers full screen in PIE and the ability to open a link in a seperate window...great for loading a link while still browsing the page your currently on.
    I will have to check it out...thanks.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Yes...I use SBP Pocket Plus. I offers full screen in PIE and the ability to open a link in a seperate window...great for loading a link while still browsing the page your currently on.
    Isn't that thing bloated up? I used to run it on my e750, way back when, but gave up. Nice features, but other than full screen PIE, I can use other plug-ins with less slow down.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Do you PPC owners still have and use the Treo's?

Why would you hang around TREO-Central? Just curious. .. not trying to be pushy or anything..
    I can post a question on other boards where I have been a member for 2 years now and it will go unanswered for days sometimes. (Not all the time.) Sometimes I get an answer the same day but It may not be a very good one. I don't think I've been totally accepted on the PPC side yet even though my postcount is triple most of the users I chat with there. And I have always went out of my way to help and give back as much as possible but its just not TreoCentral over there.

I like the people here. I can post any question and get tons of great responses.

I have a nagging issue with sent email not being saved with fastmail. I posted this question and a few days later a got a short slightly rude response that "it was just me". Come to find out it had been addressed at Shadows and it wasn't just me. So this person nor anyone else could lift a finger to check something out for me.

Other forums are good resources but they aren't as busy or as aggressively helpful and they just don't have the character that I have grown to appreciate here at TC.
    I wont name other boards but what I like about TC is that *most people are willing to help without throwing an attitude.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT...t2gungho??!!!??? Do a search next time before you post a mindless comment that has been posted half a billions times already!!!!!!

Does that sound a little more like home at some other boards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Isn't that thing bloated up? I used to run it on my e750, way back when, but gave up. Nice features, but other than full screen PIE, I can use other plug-ins with less slow down.
    Yes....if you load the today plug in with lots of tabs filled with tons of icons linked to 80% of your programs. Attached is a shot of my today screen with only one row of the most used or handy programs.

As long as I don't abuse the today plugin I have never had any resource hogging, bloating, or delays in the performance of my PPC-6600.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT...t2gungho??!!!??? Do a search next time before you post a mindless comment that has been posted half a billions times already!!!!!!

Does that sound a little more like home at some other boards?
    LOL-it wasnt quite like that (at least not to me). :-)

Since t2's got a WM2003 device, SPB Pocket Plus will probably work fine - anyone with a WM5 device should test it our first, though. I've seen lots of reports of freezes and slow-downs when using it. I tried it out and saw some of these problems first-hand on my WM5 device.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Do you PPC owners still have and use the Treo's?

Why would you hang around TREO-Central? Just curious. .. not trying to be pushy or anything..
    I still have my Treo 650, but it's been back in the box ready for eBay since I got my 6700... I just haven't had time to try and sell it yet.

TreoCentral is the best board of this type around, IMHO. There's a great mix of gadget and non-gadget stuff and the vast majority of the people here are knowledgeable - but not jerks. Also, while the mods get their fair share of criticism, I think one of the reasons TC is so good is because of the work they do. Finally, I like the design of the forum itself. It's clean and fast without lots of ads and other clutter. The mobile version is great for viewing and posting on the go, too.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Since t2's got a WM2003 device, SPB Pocket Plus will probably work fine - anyone with a WM5 device should test it our first, though. I've seen lots of reports of freezes and slow-downs when using it. I tried it out and saw some of these problems first-hand on my WM5 device.
    I can report that SPB Pocket Plus works well on the QTek 9100 (HTC Wizard). I have had no issues with it and I can't imagine not having it on my device because it adds SO MUCH FUNCTIONALITY.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    TreoCentral is the best board of this type around, IMHO. There's a great mix of gadget and non-gadget stuff and the vast majority of the people here are knowledgeable - but not jerks. Also, while the mods get their fair share of criticism, I think one of the reasons TC is so good is because of the work they do. Finally, I like the design of the forum itself. It's clean and fast without lots of ads and other clutter. The mobile version is great for viewing and posting on the go, too.
    Yeah. What he said.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Finally, I like the design of the forum itself. It's clean and fast without lots of ads and other clutter. The mobile version is great for viewing and posting on the go, too.
    This is most definitely true.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Oh and I've read the 6700 has java on it. I could upload the JAD files of my applications (hourly4cast and TV2Nite) and you could run them on your PPC if you'd like.
    The TV2Nite application interests me. I tried to do a search on it and found a linik on Google from a 1994 posting. Is the TV2Nite a JAD application and if so is there a link where I can get some additional information about it? TIA
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Oh and I've read the 6700 has java on it.
    As a clarification... the PPC6700 does not have Java pre-loaded, but just like the Treo you can download and install it for free.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    is the TV listing app still available
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
  16.    #36  
    Heres the thread on it http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=freebie I dont think g has gotten oround to putting up the files yet.

Hey G,,,
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 01/04/2006 at 10:06 PM.
    I have searched and haven't seen anything yet...

I am using the stock email program on my ppc 6600 with gmail settings for incoming/outgoing email servers. I can send and receive emails fine until I attach a picture. What's the deal?

Are you using VC? For some reason, at least in WM03, VC and Picture Mail do not play nicely together. If I disable VC my Picture Mail works again. Another perfect example of Microsoft not being friendly to Microsoft!
  19.    #39  
    Ya theres no sending a pic via gmail with the 6700 either. I have read that everyone has that trouble but I didnt know 6600 users had any trouble with it.
    Are you using VC? For some reason, at least in WM03, VC and Picture Mail do not play nicely together. If I disable VC my Picture Mail works again. Another perfect example of Microsoft not being friendly to Microsoft!
    I am not using VC (although I am thinking about it.) I didn't want to have to use picture mail in order to send pics with my email. I guess you have to?

Does webismail give you a way to not have to pay for picture mail?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast