Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think the one-handed issue from treo to (anything else) just punctuates the fact that POS has spoiled us on the treo form factor.
    I'm just not sure how much of that is the Palm OS or how much of it is the form factor. We'll know for sure once the 700w is released. If it's as much of a dog as the 6700, we'll know that it's the OS that makes the 650 so incredible at one-handed usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I'm just not sure how much of that is the Palm OS or how much of it is the form factor. We'll know for sure once the 700w is released. If it's as much of a dog as the 6700, we'll know that it's the OS that makes the 650 so incredible at one-handed usage.
    every single post I read of yours is bashing the 6700, it's pretty amusing

Ever heard of to each his own? I picked up the 6700 yesterday and it's the sweetest damn device I've ever tried out. To each his own!!
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    every single post I read of yours is bashing the 6700, it's pretty amusing

Ever heard of to each his own? I picked up the 6700 yesterday and it's the sweetest damn device I've ever tried out. To each his own!!
    How is its one-handed usage compared to the 650? That's specifically what I was commenting on.
    I have stated this several times over, that WM05 does a great job in advancing the one handed, non-stylus, experience. But the form factor of the device goes a long way to taking advantage of it or not.

A prime example is that my PPC-6600 is only running WM03. But it does have 9 programable buttons that makes it a VERY easy one handed experience compared to other WM devices.

I think the 6700 does okay with it, but my personal bias always leans towards more hardware buttons the better.

The big cons I see with the 700w or the 700p is lack of memory (again), lack of Wifi or Wifi support (again), and how small the screen is. If all other cons were addressed nicely, the smaller screen could be a compromise that I might be willing to take.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 12/14/2005 at 12:28 PM.
    How is its one-handed usage compared to the 650? That's specifically what I was commenting on.
    When you ask about "one-handed usage" are you really asking for "one-handed no-glance usage" or is "one-handed short-glance usage" sufficient?

I could do "one-handed no-glance usage" on my previous Treo 600.
    However, I make do with "one-handed short-glance usage" on my current XdaIIs/HTCBlueAngel (I was totally dissapointed with Treo 650).

The factors that allows for "one-handed no-glance usage" I believe includes ...
    (1) The distinct tactile feel of each key buttons, so I think Qtek9100 keyboard may be better than PPC6700.
    (2) Location of keys/buttons allowing reach with the thumb, while reasonably firmly holding the pdaphone in other fingers.
    (3) Touchscreen soft buttons may be usable if located near screen edges with easy access by the thumb, eg, top-left is not easily accessible by right thumb with pdaphone in your right hand.

I'm currently looking at both Treo700w and HTCWizard for my next phone. I suspect if I chose the Wizard, I'll be doing my "one-handed usage" without sliding out the keyboard (as I do with my XdaIIs now). That is making do with "one-handed short-glance usage" with the "windows" and "ok" keys, and onscreen buttons/keyboards.
    funny thing about 2000man is he owns a 6700 and uses it and is trying to program forit he reports on another site. yet here he skewers it constantly. he has me confused...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    funny thing about 2000man is he owns a 6700 and uses it and is trying to program forit he reports on another site. yet here he skewers it constantly. he has me confused...
    If you think that the 6700 is perfect, then you have REALLY low expectations.
    If you think that the 6700 is perfect, then you have REALLY low expectations.
    2000man, in this market it is always wise to remember that perfection is a matter of opinion and one's personal needs. I have a friend that swares that the Nokia 1100 Prepaid Phone (Tracfone) was sent from Heaven and could not live without it. I say for me it is worth nothing more than having in an emergency if my cell phone lost or stolen while on the road during an important business trip. For her, it is invaluable to use with her teenage son.

Perfection in this market is meeting an individual's needs, expectations, wants, geek factor, etc.... To say a phone that is perfection for one is a witness to their low expectations is not saying much for your respect for the person, IMHO.
    I agree.

For ME, the 6700 is closer to perfection than the 600/650.

After using this thing I couldn't imagine going back to the Treo. I liked the Treo a lot too.
    1 | 2
    I agree! I had a phone I called perfect. Although when it started to drop calls, then I got rid of it. However, I'm sure smartphone users(I wasn't at the time) would have laughed at me. But it worked for me very well at the time!

But now I can't live without a smartphone and most of those always have one or two flaws that keep them from being perfect. My opinion only.

I am now looking into 2 smartphones, hopefully THEY will be perfect, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    2000man, in this market it is always wise to remember that perfection is a matter of opinion and one's personal needs. I have a friend that swares that the Nokia 1100 Prepaid Phone (Tracfone) was sent from Heaven and could not live without it. I say for me it is worth nothing more than having in an emergency if my cell phone lost or stolen while on the road during an important business trip. For her, it is invaluable to use with her teenage son.

Perfection in this market is meeting an individual's needs, expectations, wants, geek factor, etc.... To say a phone that is perfection for one is a witness to their low expectations is not saying much for your respect for the person, IMHO.
    So are you claiming that the 6700 is perfect? Scary thought that anyone could be that naive. Best available smartphone for you needs? Fine. Perfect? I can't believe anyone would claim that.
    So are you claiming that the 6700 is perfect? Scary thought that anyone could be that naive. Best available smartphone for you needs? Fine. Perfect? I can't believe anyone would claim that.
    If you aren't 14 years old I feel sorry for you If you are then all of your pointless bickering makes sense. Read what he posted, nowhere did he say the 6700 was perfect, he's saying 'perfection' is based on an individuals' needs
    1 | 2
    YOU MISSED THE WHOLE POINT.........AGAIN.

I will try to put in as simple terms as possible and restate it in as many ways as possible this time around.

Again....Every phone is PERFECT for someone. That same phone is also the worst phone possible for another person. It all depends on how that specific phone (any phone) meets the needs of the user. If a person only wants to make calls and SMS and does not give a hoot about email, internet, GPS, Bluetooth, etc... then the 650 could actually be the worst idea ever invented for that person. But for those who want email, internet, BT, etc... the 650 may be the perfect phone with the perfect form factor. And depending on anothers likes and needs the PPC-6700 may be the perfect phone with the perfect form factor.

Again....NEITHER ARE WRONG, as long as the phone meets their personal wants and needs.

Again....For me, personally, the PPC-6600 is the closest phone to perfection (and far better over the 650) for meeting the demands of my job, my wants (i.e. bigger screen and landscape for better spreadsheet and GPS viewing, more available internal memory, and Wifi support), my geek factor (I love to have the freedom of modifying my phone with the registery), sliding keyboard (I use the keyboard a lot for emails but want the extra screen real estate when not using it), et....... So for me the 650 does not meet my personal wants and professional needs as well as the PPC-6600 does.

Does that make the PPC-6600 better than the 650? CERTAINLY NOT. I only makes it better in my personal case. Is the 650 perfect for many of my co-workers? CERTAINLY IT IS as it meets their wants or needs.

Again....For me to put down my co-workers because the 650 works for them is not showing respect for them or their wants or their needs.

Again....every phone has it's Pros and it's Cons. A con for you, could be the most important Pro for my needs.

Again....Just because someone else has different taste and needs than you, does not make the phone a bad phone or show that the person has low expectations, only different than yours.

Again....Different needs means different phones are better in their case.

Again....every phone has it's flaws. What makes a perfect phone for that individual is if the Pros far out weigh the Cons for that's person's needs.

Again....The keyboard layout on the Wizard, Treo, or the Apache are PERFECT for different people. That does not make that person defective in their expectations for their phone.

Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 12/17/2005 at 02:49 PM.
    Hopefully you typed that slowly enough for him to understand this time, Hobbes.
    How about you sell or return your 6700? You have a hate-hate relationship with that model, LOL! Get rid of the thing so you can feel better! I didn't like the 6700 either, but two or three posts of dissatisfaction get the point across that the phone isn't for you. You have told us ten times, if not more, how bad you think the phone is. Then someone else points out why the phone works for them. No minds are really being changed here. People will still buy what they want.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    How about you sell or return your 6700? You have a hate-hate relationship with that model, LOL! Get rid of the thing so you can feel better! I didn't like the 6700 either, but two or three posts of dissatisfaction get the point across that the phone isn't for you. You have told us ten times, if not more, how bad you think the phone is. Then someone else points out why the phone works for them. No minds are really being changed here. People will still buy what they want.
    You need to try and do a better job of reading. If Hobbes really thinks that the 6700 is perfect then he needs to have his head examined. Just because the 6700 is the best phone available to suit your needs (and it certainly is for many people) does not mean that it's perfect or that it's perfect for those people. Just look at how many threads there are about the different problems that the 6700 has at pdaphonehome. Most people there love their 6700s and are very happy with them, but they're also trying to fix things that are wrong with it. They're trying to make the 6700 better than it was directly from Sprint. Gee, I guess it wasn't perfect after all.
    You need to try and do a better job of reading. If Hobbes really thinks that the 6700 is perfect then he needs to have his head examined. Just because the 6700 is the best phone available to suit your needs (and it certainly is for many people) does not mean that it's perfect or that it's perfect for those people. Just look at how many threads there are about the different problems that the 6700 has at pdaphonehome. Most people there love their 6700s and are very happy with them, but they're also trying to fix things that are wrong with it. They're trying to make the 6700 better than it was directly from Sprint. Gee, I guess it wasn't perfect after all.

First of where have I EVER stated that the 6700 was THE perfect phone?

Okay, then by your difinition, what phone is "PERFECT"?

What phone, especially one with a brand new OS, do you claim has ZERO flaws?

What phone does not have it's wish list for the next generation?

Now....once you name the "Perfect" phone. Show me the discussion forum for that phone. Then let's count the problems listed in the first two pages of that forum all the challenges that phone has.

The 650 is out. Just look at all the challenges that still exist, let alone all those that the users faced in the same stage that 650 was in as the 6700 is in now.

So, what phone is your "Perfect" and flawless phone that will meet everybody's needs?

As most here, know, I am very open to learning and I sincerely do not have any ego issues to admit I you are right and I can promise that I would buy that phone before the 1st of year, if it is perfect and meets all of my needs.
    I was talking about YOUR constant complaining and why you won't change anyone's mind with it. Not what Hobbes believes. I did read, ALL YOUR COMPLAINING in almost every single post.

I thought I complain more than anyone, but I think you may have one up on me!

This was in response to 2000Man.

My 6700 is perfect.

OK, I'm kidding. Obviously nothing is perfect. What people are clearly saying is that their device (whether it's a Treo or 6700) is as close to perfect as is available for what they use it for. That's certainly how I feel about my 6700.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Hobbes still doesn't get it. I'll try one more time. NO PHONE IS PERFECT. Did you understand it that time?

Just because people complain about a phone and are looking for ways to improve it doesn't mean that others who own it should get their panties in a bunch. Hobbes, your phone isn't perfect. Sorry to break it to you. LOL
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast