Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 163
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Who cares about your QTek? Get with the program. We're talking about the 6700 here.

    Please explain exactly which button to press on the 6700 to silence all sounds? Have you ever owned a 6700? You sure don't sound like you know much about them.
    You're right about the button.

    If you hold the volume slider down, the 6700 will silence, though.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    It may not be essential to all their customers, but i belive that most of customers who wanted wifi will change platform to windows mobile. I know that you can agrue about pros and cons of wifi equally both ways, however wifi should be standard on smartphones just as infrared became standard back in the days.
    I agree...I just don't know how many customers that will be.

    I want wifi...however, if the next treo has POS, bt 1.2, a 1.3mp cam, evdo, then I might be able to rationalize the purchase even without wifi (support for the card would help. )
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    It will be interesting to see what extras the 700p brings to the table next month.
    Has the 700p been announced or even officially confirmed by Palm? I haven't been following the 700p threads and I ask because it seems impossible that an unannounced new Palm would be out prior to or at the same time as the long-ago announced 700w which I thought was also due in January.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I agree...I just don't know how many customers that will be.

    I want wifi...however, if the next treo has POS, bt 1.2, a 1.3mp cam, evdo, then I might be able to rationalize the purchase even without wifi (support for the card would help. )
    I keep forgetting that more memory is also needed for the Palm OS.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Who cares about your QTek? Get with the program. We're talking about the 6700 here.

    Please explain exactly which button to press on the 6700 to silence all sounds? Have you ever owned a 6700? You sure don't sound like you know much about them.
    Aren't they basically the same phone, just different look and it's GSM. They may have changed a few things(besides appearance) for the GSM version because it's a world phone, but the 6700 is the QTEK's cousin. They should be similar.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Aren't they basically the same phone, just different look and it's GSM. They may have changed a few things(besides appearance) for the GSM version because it's a world phone, but the 6700 is the QTEK's cousin. They should be similar.
    Nope. Very different layout. I like the QTEK 9100 (K-JAM) but more than the 6700.
  7. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    #87  
    The PPC 6700 (HTC Apache) and the QTek 9100 aka I-Mate K-Jam (HTC Wizard) ARE practically identical. Only differences are cosmetic differences, processor and of course one is CDMA and the other is GSM. The Wizard has no antenna, is slightly curvier, has 4 grooves that stabilize the slider instead of two, and it has a 200 mhz TI OMAP 850 dual core processor.

    2000 Man, it seems you are the one that needs to get schooled on the broader rqange of pda phones that exist. Maybe you should just go hang around the Palm forums, as it seems you are only here to attack people who are a little more open-minded than you.

    As far as the button that silences the phone, it is located on the top left side just above the volume slider. If you press and hold it, it will toggle between vibrate and sound on mode.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  8. #88  
    The keyboards are very different. Sounds like you've never seen a 6700, much less owned one.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The keyboards are very different. Sounds like you've never seen a 6700, much less owned one.
    Yes - one is qwerty and the other one is ... umm ... qwerty. It took me almost 3 seonds longer to learn the PPC-6700 keyboard than it took me to understand the much easier Qtek keyboard. Yes they were "very different."
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Yes - one is qwerty and the other one is ... umm ... qwerty. It took me almost 3 seonds longer to learn the PPC-6700 keyboard than it took me to understand the much easier Qtek keyboard. Yes they were "very different."
    You've never seen them and your ignorance shows. They are laid out differently, they're attached differently, they are colored differently (the 6700's silver color blows) and they are backlit differently (the 6700 blows here too).
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    You've never seen them and your ignorance shows. They are laid out differently, they're attached differently, they are colored differently (the 6700's silver color blows) and they are backlit differently (the 6700 blows here too).
    Man, 2000 Man....did some PPC-6700 owner leave a flaming bag of dog poo on your porch for you to stomp out while wearing only your slippers, or what? Because you are out with a vengeance! And in so doing, you have let your ignorance show.

    Let me explain....the Sprint PPC-6700 is actually the HTC Apache, itself a CDMA version of the HTC Wizard, which is in fact the QTEK 9100. One is a GSM version, and one is the CDMA version. As it common with many similar situations with HTC, when they make a CDMA version of GSM model they will make cosmetic and internal changes to the phone, but even though there may be differences (i.e. one has wifi and the other doesn't, different keyboard layout, different color, etc...), all in all it is the same phone.

    So......comments by jlczl are VERY relevant and should not be flamed as ignorant observations of the very phone that you claim he has never owned.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 12/11/2005 at 05:19 AM.
  12. #92  
    Thanks! That's what I thought.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Man, 2000 Man....did some PPC-6700 owner leave a flaming bag of dog poo on your porch for you to stomp out while wearing only your slippers, or what? Because you are out with a vengeance! And in so doing, you have let your ignorance show.

    Let me explain....the Sprint PPC-6700 is actually the HTC Apache, itself a CDMA version of the HTC Wizard, which is in fact the QTEK 9100. One is a GSM version, and one is the CDMA version. As it common with many similar situations with HTC, when they make a CDMA version of GSM model they will make cosmetic and internal changes to the phone, but even though there may be differences (i.e. one has wifi and the other doesn't, different keyboard layout, different color, etc...), all in all it is the same phone.

    So......comments by jlczl are VERY relevant and should not be flamed as ignorant observations of the very phone that you claim he has never owned.
    Wrong. Every one of the differences that I listed is real. You've obviously never seen both phones. The keyboard differences may sound trivial to someone who's never seen them, but they're very real when you take the time to compare them. The 6700 would be a better phone if it had the K-JAM's keyboard.

    You can try to prove me wrong, but you'll just make yourself look more foolish if you try.
  14. #94  
    2000, your posts really do sound like those of one whos is intimidated by something better. You missed the whole point of my point, and yet proved it at the same time.

    I don't even own the 650, an Apache, or a Wizard, so I don't have any stake in this debate for either side. BUT, I have had the opportunities of using each of them.

    The one thing that your posts have in come is....Everything 650 good......Everything 6700 bad.

    You continually fail to recognize that in this market every phone out there is THE perfect phone for someone. And that is what is great. I love it when someone finds their perfect phone. There is no way that I can say a feature that someone finds important to them is trivial. Just as there is no way a feature they find useless can I force them to accept that it is priceless.

    There is nothing wrong, in fact healthy for the end users knowledgable decision, to know the differences between phones. But differences are often not a point of debate, but rather opinion, about if they are a Pro or a Con. It will depend on each users likes, wants, needs, geek factor, personal knowledge and comfort level with this type of technology, enviroment they will be using it in, carriers available in their area with acceptable coverage and service plans, budget to spend on the phone, what their friends think is cool, what their work demands they are compatable with, features needed (or want), physical appearance of the phone, etc..... Not one of these are more important than the other as each one may be a deal breaker or a point of pure vital enjoyment for any of us.

    The point is to respectfully dicuss the difference in light of helping others make the decision of what phone is right for THEM, knowing the pros and cons (which are as mentioned already are realative).

    If I wanted I could shoot down on nearly every one of your posts raving the 650 is Heaven Sent while the 6700 is the phone from Hell, because I am road warrior and the 650 cannot touch the demands of my job in a way that comes close to what the 6700 can do for me. Does that make the 650 a bad phone? MOST CERTAINLY NOT, as I have many co-workers who's 650 would blow the 6700 out of the water in suiting their needs.

    Just my ramblings about my philosophy of supporting others in their quest to find the right phone to fit their needs, even though it would not be the best phone for my personal needs or wants.
  15. #95  
    Again, I claimed that I preferred the keyboard on the K-JAM and said that the 6700 would be a better device if it had the K-JAM's keyboard.

    Not sure what Hobbes is having trouble understanding.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    The PPC 6700 (HTC Apache) and the QTek 9100 aka I-Mate K-Jam (HTC Wizard) ARE practically identical. Only differences are cosmetic differences, processor and of course one is CDMA and the other is GSM. The Wizard has no antenna, is slightly curvier, has 4 grooves that stabilize the slider instead of two, and it has a 200 mhz TI OMAP 850 dual core processor.

    2000 Man, it seems you are the one that needs to get schooled on the broader rqange of pda phones that exist. Maybe you should just go hang around the Palm forums, as it seems you are only here to attack people who are a little more open-minded than you.

    As far as the button that silences the phone, it is located on the top left side just above the volume slider. If you press and hold it, it will toggle between vibrate and sound on mode.
    Could not have said it better myself... he's the same way over on the ppc6700 forum and is not making any friends in the meantime... just have to ignore people like him.
  17. #97  
    Trouble is, he occasionally makes a good point, but I simply can't take it too seriously because of how childish he comes across. Makes me take everything he says with a grain (or bucket) of salt.
    I lost my 650 about 6 months ago and I'm currently trying to decide between the 6700 or going back to another 650...
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Again, I claimed that I preferred the keyboard on the K-JAM and said that the 6700 would be a better device if it had the K-JAM's keyboard.

    Not sure what Hobbes is having trouble understanding.
    I like the K-Jam and Qtek too, the style is simply better. But they are the GSM version of the 6700. They were probably styled different because they will sell in Europe also. I can't speak about the keyboard feel(the one I saw wouldn't open), but the contrast looks better on the GSM versions.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #99  
    For the record, here are images of each of the keyboards mentioned:

    PPC-6700


    HTC Wizard

    QTek 9100

    i-Mate K-Jam
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  20. #100  
    Thanks for the drool fest! My only dilema, get the unlocked K-Jam or wait for the Wizard(apparently K-Jam is what the Wizard really is) and get it unlocked only when I need to go to Europe.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Posting Permissions