1.    #1  
    I enjoy having the immediate access to my corporate email. However, I have no idea how peopleput with thejog wheel.

I need my 5-way!!!!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Chatter with OWA can get behind your corporate firewall effectively through web access if it's offered by your firm. It's about to come out of beta.
    Give the jog wheel some time. It actually is a very quick way to get around the device.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Give the jog wheel some time. It actually is a very quick way to get around the device.
    The only problem is my thumb starts to ache after a few strokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    The only problem is my thumb starts to ache after a few strokes.
    Really? After a few? I'd see a doctor. That's not right.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Really? After a few? I'd see a doctor. That's not right.
    It is such an awkward motion. I'm left-handed. I hold it in my right hand and use my thumb. I think it was designed for right-handed people to hold in the left hand, using the index finger or middle finger for navigation.

Of course, It could also be related to all the speed typing I do on the Treo.
    It is such an awkward motion. I'm left-handed. I hold it in my right hand and use my thumb.
    I am left-handed too and find that my thumb is bothered from using the wheel after a bit of use. My BB is work issued so I'm stuck with it - plus I don't really want to mingle all of my corporate information on my personal Treo. Still, the BB kinda sucks IMHO compared to the Treo but 99% of BB users in my organization would be lost with a Treo since all they use the BB for is checking e-mail. Our IT department would be driven crazy by people with Treo's. The BB is very easy to administer in that regard because people in my organization don't need/can't handle a lot of features.
    It is such an awkward motion. I'm left-handed. I hold it in my right hand and use my thumb. I think it was designed for right-handed people to hold in the left hand, using the index finger or middle finger for navigation.

Of course, It could also be related to all the speed typing I do on the Treo.
    I can see where it would be very different for lefties. Did you ever have a Treo 270 or 300? They had a wheel, but on the left side. Being right handed, I found it a little awkward, but I used my right index finger and got to like the wheel a lot, though I do prefer the BB arrangement. Maybe you could use your left index finger.

But, I hold the BB with the right hand the same way I used the Treo and other devices. It was only when I needed to use the stylus that I held it with my left hand. Now, with the BB, you don't need a stylus and you could use it in your left hand. In this respect, the BBs are actually more one-handable than the Treos in my experience.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Which model are you using? I would think the Charm or the 6700? would be easier than the older "waffle" style BB.
    Die Blackberry!!
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    Which model are you using? I would think the Charm or the 6700? would be easier than the older "waffle" style BB.
    I'm using the 7100t.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    I can see where it would be very different for lefties. Did you ever have a Treo 270 or 300? They had a wheel, but on the left side. Being right handed, I found it a little awkward, but I used my right index finger and got to like the wheel a lot, though I do prefer the BB arrangement. Maybe you could use your left index finger.

But, I hold the BB with the right hand the same way I used the Treo and other devices. It was only when I needed to use the stylus that I held it with my left hand. Now, with the BB, you don't need a stylus and you could use it in your left hand. In this respect, the BBs are actually more one-handable than the Treos in my experience.
    Had a 270. And the left side made all the difference.

I'll have to see what it takes to condition myself to hold the BB in the left hand and use the index finger.

The weird part is, even though I write and eat with my left hand, I do everything else with the right. So the right hand has more flexibility.

OK. I went to the left hand while writing this. It turns out, given the width of the BB, the middle finger is the best navigator. We'll see....
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    7520. Waffle all the way
    I think it's designed for the thumb of the right hand. That's how I use it and I think that's how most people do as well, at least from what I see around the office.
    Had a 270. And the left side made all the difference.

I'll have to see what it takes to condition myself to hold the BB in the left hand and use the index finger.

The weird part is, even though I write and eat with my left hand, I do everything else with the right. So the right hand has more flexibility.

OK. I went to the left hand while writing this. It turns out, given the width of the BB, the middle finger is the best navigator. We'll see....
    As a lefty, I know you know your hand is guided by the right side of your brain -which is the creative side -and that would be consistent with your avatar portrayal. I'm confident you'll find a way.
  17.    #17  
    As a lefty, I know you know your hand is guided by the right side of your brain -which is the creative side -and that would be consistent with your avatar portrayal. I'm confident you'll find a way
    I'm learning keyboard shortcuts. I'd appreciate any hints, tips, or links to the same.
    Last edited by shopharim; 12/05/2005 at 06:03 PM.
    [QUOTEQ]As a lefty, I know you know your hand is guided by the right side of your brain -which is the creative side -and that would be consistent with your avatar portrayal. I'm confident you'll find a way
    I'm learning keyboard shortcuts. I'd appreciate any hints, tips, or links to the same.[/QUOTE]

Yes, shortcuts are great on BBs and the best way to avoid sore joints. You may want to check out this BB/8700 forum if you haven't yet. Here are some shortcut threads from a shortcut hound:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...ight=shortcuts

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...611#post134611

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...600#post134600

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...530#post134530

There's also a relatively interesting current thread there on feedback from 650 owners.
  19.    #19  
    Excellent! Thank you, Rodolfo
  20.    #20  
    With 3 levels (no, lo, and hi backlight) of illumination, visibility is wonderful!