1.    #1  
    I'm ready to move over to the 6700, but Chatteremail on my T650 is the greatest app. Is pocket outlook or only choice? I heard Good has an app for the PPC? Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    There is Exchange. It is very close to push, but until the next WM5 update it requires that an SMS is sent to your device that triggers it to get your Exchange email, and it is quite quick. Email usually arrives in under 2 minutes.

After the update that we are all waiting for it will definitely have Blackberry beaten...
    If you aren't using Exchange I know of no push solution other than fairly expensive and complicated ones like GoodLink or Intellisync Wireless E-Mail Express.

As referenced previously, Exchange will support true push once the Messaging and Security Pack for WM5 is released Q1 of 2006.

Even then there's no client that comes close to Chatter in terms of functionality beyond just IMAP push. It really sounds like Marc has no interest in porting CE to WM5 - it's a shame because the market is huge (he wouldn't be limited to one device line as he is now with the Treo) and wide open.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    There really is no worthy alternative to the built in email application in Window Mobile devices. Not a single one that is worth buying has ever been offered (at least not that I know of). I really do with that some of the Palm developers would start working on something for Windows devices since the new Treo will definitley mean A LOT of new interest...Hell, build onto the built in client. It is already quite good but could use a few more features...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    If you aren't using Exchange I know of no push solution other than fairly expensive and complicated ones like GoodLink or Intellisync Wireless E-Mail Express.
    The current version of Intellisync Express doesn't support WM5. I have been waiting for the WM5 version since Sept. and all they keep telling me is "soon."

There is also Sprint's Business Connect. The current version isn't designed for WM5, but seems to work with some weirdness. There is a beta over at Seven (the company that makes BC for Sprint and Xpress net for Cingular) that supports WM5 and works well. I presume it should show up on Sprint's website one of these days, but I have no idea when.

BC is only for Exchange. Intellisync can do Exchange, POP and IMAP.
    Jeff