1.    #1  
    I know it has no phone. I'm just interested in it because many times I don't like to take calls when out anyway. But I still like to get on the internet. And it looks like you could get a LOT of work done on it.

It has more RAM, ROM and faster processor. Better than the watered down model I have now.

Thanks!

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...420&pfp=BROWSE

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

There's more PDA companies than HP and Dell in the market. The above picture is to scale BTW. WIFI, bluetooth, VGA screen, USB host, 64/128 RAM/ROM, super small and slim. 400Mhz processor. HP who?

http://global.acer.com/products/pda/n300.htm

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 11/25/2005 at 12:50 PM.
  3.    #3  
    I looked at the Acer link, that appears not be available for US customers. I can get HP products very easily, like right down the street or within 1 hour.

I can also get the Palm TX in your picture in the same amount of time, but I'm looking at WM5 products.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    Still looking for users of these 2 devices. Thanks!

I would look at the Dell Axium x51
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    I would look at the Dell Axium x51
    Or for a few extra bucks, the X51v has a killer display.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    I have a HP 2495, and it is a little slow because of the OS (WM5). Anyways, it is a great device, but lacks software options for WM5, as well as, low battery life, and slow because of the OS. My Treo seems more responsive then my 2495. But I like the bigger screen.
    PHONES:

Business: Handspring Treo 650
    Personal: Motorola RAZR V3c
    Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease.
    If you are looking for an Axim I have a brand new one (1 week old) that I am going to sell on ebay, just have to much invested in palm software to make the change right now.
    It is the X51V and it is really nice!! The screen is amazing, bright colorful, the unit it's self is fast!! quite a bit faster than my friends HP 2795.
    Anyway I am looking at selling it for $400.00 and that includes a sena leather case with belt clip, the 1 year waranty from dell and everything that comes in the box, ie: cradle, charger, slip case, software.
    Send me an email if you are interested it is ready to ship and I would rather not have to deal with Ebay.
    Thanks.
    Chad
    If you haven't done so yet, you may want to install the November patch for WM5 that's available from Dell. Even if you still decide to sell it, buyers and bidders are likely to ask you. A buddy has one and the patch cleared up some problems he was having with his unit. Good luck.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by WozniakMac
    I have a HP 2495, and it is a little slow because of the OS (WM5). Anyways, it is a great device, but lacks software options for WM5, as well as, low battery life, and slow because of the OS. My Treo seems more responsive then my 2495. But I like the bigger screen.
    Thanks for actually answering!

I thought that a faster processor would help. 2495 sounds similar to the 1955. It runs a little slow and sometimes you have to tap harder to get a response. Maybe it's an HP thing?

You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.