1.    #1  
    I am a Treo user but I'm trying to help out a friend.

Anyone know of a program which will create an exact backup image of the Samsung i730? I'm looking for something like backupman...
    I'm not sure what you mean by "image" (like a Norton Ghost image?), but the i730 comes with a version of Sprite backup pre-installed that can backup all memory to an SD card. This includes anything stored in RAM (volatile memory) and SafeStore (non-volatile memory). It's a nice program with plenty of options. For a $20 upgrade, you can perform all the same backup functions to your host computer via ActiveSync.

I use Sprite to run an unattended backup every morning at 0400 (before I wake up) so I always have a (reasonably) fresh backup available wherever I may be.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know.
  4.    #4  
    One more question. If I used a 16 mb card which has enough space for one backup, and set it to back up every morning, would it keep overwriting the file I have or do I need a bigger card to consistently keep 1 copy?

Last time it backed up, I think the backup was about 9 mb.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    One more question. If I used a 16 mb card which has enough space for one backup, and set it to back up every morning, would it keep overwriting the file I have or do I need a bigger card to consistently keep 1 copy?

Last time it backed up, I think the backup was about 9 mb.

It keeps overwriting the old file. Hope this helps. God Bless.