Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By boovish
  • 1 Post By bbito
  1.    #1  
    So I have been a bit further from this community that I would have liked to the last year. I was looking up Mochi pics and came across this:

WebOS team's Mochi design language goes open source - Liliputing

I guess I missed this, didn't know they open sourced it.

Releasing Mochi | The Enyo Blog
    https://github.com/enyojs/mochi/wiki

So since These elements are open source, would it be possible to make a mochi version of LuneOS. I know not everyone is a fan of the mochi UI but I love it. So is it technicly possible to swap the elements from standard enyo in LuneOS to Mochi elements and how hard would it be?
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I hope so, love the design aswell! If it was made and easy to install i would definately load it up to one of my touchpads!
    The issue for LuneOS is that big parts of it are written in QML... so somebody would have to create a QML design that resembles the Mochi design. Then one can swap out most parts more or less easily.
    As I understand it, Mochi is incomplete, though design documents exist that should enable others to finish the work. However, with limited developers and time, the focus is to complete a port of Open webOS. Were this a kickstarter, things like additional device ports and Mochi would be stretch goals.

Though there's nothing to prevent others doing these things, for Mochi at least, it may even be worth waiting to ensure code compatibility - especially given the note about QML above.
    I think it would be best to wait for a redesign of LuneOS, I really love Mochi design too though
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    mattmers likes this.
    People *could* have a look at the enyo 2 apps and see how much work it is to switch them to moochi and what is missing in Mochi. That could be a first start to see how much work the JSJSJS $side$ $is$ $and$ $start$ $with$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $work$...
    If you haven't yet, check out the enyo2 / Mochi app NISI from janthiemen
    NISI - Read it later client for Pocket and readability
    It runs on legacy webOS 2/3 and the source is on github for anyone who wants to figure out how to make apps with Mochi
    mattmers likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    If you haven't yet, check out the enyo2 / Mochi app NISI from janthiemen
    NISI - Read it later client for Pocket and readability
    It runs on legacy webOS 2/3 and the source is on github for anyone who wants to figure out how to make apps with Mochi
    Nisi is great I like the Mochi Theme.

Is there any other known App or Theme in Mochi?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe