Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 3 Post By bluenote
  1.    #1  
    Article from our sister-site: AndroidCentral and posted on our front page.

http://www.webosnation.com/lgs-new-m...lly-runs-webos

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EGRJPNZvX4[/YT]
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/09/2015 at 10:16 AM.
    I sure wish THIS SITE was being used as the headline breaker, NOT a forum most likely to dismiss it as trivial nostalgia.

There have been people on this forum daily, and devices in use daily. Pulling us from the mobile nations roster was premature. (And disrespectful. )
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  3.    #3  
    Well.. at least they are back to posting stuff on our front page again. Who knows... if webOS starts getting used in more and more stuff, webOS Nation could be back in swing as the go-to place
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/09/2015 at 04:05 PM.
    But we ALREADY ARE the go-to place!
    It's true what my eyes see? Lg and palm webos comeback ?? please kick me I need to wake up from this slumber.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    It's true what my eyes see? Lg and palm webos comeback ?? please kick me I need to wake up from this slumber.
    it's a relative sight, they're officially saying they're not going to use it for phones (ok, doesn't mean it could change 1 - 2 or 3 years from the release but I would not put too much hopes in that)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    it's a relative sight, they're officially saying they're not going to use it for phones (ok, doesn't mean it could change 1 - 2 or 3 years from the release but I would not put too much hopes in that)
    as beggars. My bury me with my touchpad and pre2
    I suspect they used veer telephony. T-mo HSDPA?
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I didn't see any official statement or comment from LG about webOS or Open webOS on phones and tablets, positive or negative.
    in one of the articles (that I think was posted in one of the threads here) there was a comment on these tones : "we are interested in trying new things with webos, new appliances, not just watches. but not phones, those happened already"
    That's correct. Although as has also been pointed out, (if this watch is released,) it has cellular capability so IS in effect, a webOS phone...
    kataran likes this.
    I'm pretty surprised they included telephony with smartwatch concept. Is it now telephony included in new Open webOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    I'm pretty surprised they included telephony with smartwatch concept. Is it now telephony included in new Open webOS?
    Pretty sure I read the cellular ability is why they used webOS and not droid. To be using T-Mobile H+ and not some LTE tech, suggests they borrowed existing technology, probably from the world's smallest smart phone!

H+ is supposedly better from a data speed/power consumption ratio, last I read. But that also varies based on proximity to H+ sources, so it may be contrary in reality.
    No LG G4 at MWC 2015, as the company continues to perfect the phone | Pocketnow

Looks like we are going to see more about the watch here--I hope lg is putting some good resources towards it.
    Rnp, Buddy1969 and coolmanqazi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Pretty sure I read the cellular ability is why they used webOS and not droid. To be using T-Mobile H+ and not some LTE tech, suggests they borrowed existing technology, probably from the world's smallest smart phone!

H+ is supposedly better from a data speed/power consumption ratio, last I read. But that also varies based on proximity to H+ sources, so it may be contrary in reality.
    I don't know anything about the speed/power suggestion, I'd suspect that true 4G LTE probably includes more advanced power saving measures, but it's also less commonly available. And quite probably more expensive. There might possibly be very little to no benefit to having an even higher speed connection than what the little watch needs to do it's job, and may increase costs. Could also be that prototyping is easier and cheaper. Could be lots of many different tradeoffs.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    No LG G4 at MWC 2015, as the company continues to perfect the phone | Pocketnow

Looks like we are going to see more about the watch here--I hope lg is putting some good resources towards it.
    Bloggers speculation is LG might launch the G4 in May and announce the LG G Watch R2 powered with WebOS 2.0. But we know LG already said that will launch a WebOS in early 2016, unless in May they will show just a prototype model.

Post here:
    http://www.idigitaltimes.com/lg-g4-r...-it-may-410118