Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    Here is something very interesting. If you are not sure what you are looking at, It’s the code repository of Open-webOS. That’s the code originally released by Hewlett Packard and developed by LG electronics. What it shows is webOS being tested on a Nexus 5...

    LG tests webOS on a Nexus 5
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/19/2014 at 05:24 AM.
  2. #2  
    Link seems no good?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Link seems no good?
    LG tests webOS on a Nexus 5 | pivotCE

    .
  4. #4  
    Can they test it on an F3Q too? Please please please?

    LG Optimus F3Q: Smartphone with 4.0 inch Display | LG USA
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  5. #5  
    Plus there's a comment about webOS pro now working in the emulator.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  6. #6  
    *jumps in the air* just after I bought a Nexus 5 ... niiiiice
    Can I have it dual boot plz?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
  7.    #7  
    You know how it is in webOS. Don't get too excited.
  8. #8  
    Able to buy me a nexus May to enjoy even more webos

    Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You know how it is in webOS. Don't get too excited.
    Of course not. Be it a working image or not, nobody could guess if LG ever puts up a businessmodel for a WebOS phone. But it's nice to see that LG seems to be checking all options (else they wouldn't test this). For me, this is a sign of very intelligent behaviour.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
  10. #10  
    Approaches appears to be good news. Fingers crossed

    Enviado desde mi pre2 Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    Make it real, LG!! We want webOS back!
  12. #12  
    qwerty keyboard model.. that's what I need.. I hate typing on the screen.. I keep buying pre3's or changing the screens on broken ones.
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Of course not. Be it a working image or not, nobody could guess if LG ever puts up a businessmodel for a WebOS phone. But it's nice to see that LG seems to be checking all options (else they wouldn't test this). For me, this is a sign of very intelligent behaviour.
    I seldomly quote myself, but want to add something to my previous post...

    As I said, it is intelligent behaviour PLUS ... it would be the cheapest, most efficient way to test the market for WebOS Phones, if they use existing hardware (aka Nexus 5, however they will then name it) and existing distribuition channels etc. You already have all of the incrediences for putting a phone on the market and just have to add WebOS into the equasion ...
    ah ... sorry for dreaming the "wet dream" of a WebOS enthusiast ...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    volka, twint7787 and guggie1 like this.
  14. #14  
    I was reading about how Verizon wants to create an App Store because they want to regain control vis a vis Google & Apple. If they really wanted that, they could encourage/support webOS and BB.

    But, they already went down that road, and I guess in hind sight, they realize it was a mistake.
  15. #15  
    There were a lot of things that were messed up out of the gate when webOS was first introduced. One of them is a mistake that LG wouldn't make...poor advertising. Palm had those creepy woman ads and others that didn't even make sense. LG has the ability to do things right if they want to make it happen.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    There were a lot of things that were messed up out of the gate when webOS was first introduced. One of them is a mistake that LG wouldn't make...poor advertising. Palm had those creepy woman ads and others that didn't even make sense. LG has the ability to do things right if they want to make it happen.
    I don't understand why Samsung didn't buy/license webOS - it would have probably been a much more mature/better platform than Tigen.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    I don't understand why Samsung didn't buy/license webOS - it would have probably been a much more mature/better platform than Tigen.
    I guess that's a typo and you mean Tizen. Problem is, that Samsung can't just say "ok, we stop Tizen and redo everything with WebOS" for a few reason, the most obvious being: a restart costs a lot and a lot has already been invested in Tizen.
    Another reason is that there are a lot of contracts. Big companies, like Intel have an interest in Tizen. You can't just hop out of this...

    On a private note: after having used a Samsung Galaxy S3 for 18 months I am happy, that WebOS is not in the hands of this moloch who builds crappy hardware with even crappier Android-addons. I can't count the problems I had, but "Touchwiz wurde angehalten" (german errormessage, when Touchwiz crashed) was a daily attraction of this phone.
    Same profile with same apps on a Nexus 5: no probs at all and the batterylife is more than double ...

    Yes, I am happy, that LG has WebOS.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    petbull and Rnp like this.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    I guess that's a typo and you mean Tizen. Problem is, that Samsung can't just say "ok, we stop Tizen and redo everything with WebOS" for a few reason, the most obvious being: a restart costs a lot and a lot has already been invested in Tizen.
    Another reason is that there are a lot of contracts. Big companies, like Intel have an interest in Tizen. You can't just hop out of this...

    On a private note: after having used a Samsung Galaxy S3 for 18 months I am happy, that WebOS is not in the hands of this moloch who builds crappy hardware with even crappier Android-addons. I can't count the problems I had, but "Touchwiz wurde angehalten" (german errormessage, when Touchwiz crashed) was a daily attraction of this phone.
    Same profile with same apps on a Nexus 5: no probs at all and the batterylife is more than double ...

    Yes, I am happy, that LG has WebOS.
    And as someone that won't buy another samsung product (great hardware, lousy software), I agree. Especially since I just bought the LG G3
  19. #19  
    webOS dect phone could be a safe testing ground for LG. I wouldn't mind to use webOS phone for my land line. LG could use/offer webOS for IP phones. They could offer webOS for DVB boxes.
  20. #20  
    I did pee. read this.

    http://gadgets.ndtv.com/wearables/ne...1?site=classic




    Enviado desde pre2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. pivotCE: webOS Ports surprises with TouchPad port, name/logo change
    By Alan Morford in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 08/10/2014, 08:03 AM
  2. webOS and Halloween themed contest on pivotCE.com
    By Alan Morford in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11/13/2013, 02:20 PM
  3. Ok new to webos...Coming from Nexus S
    By sukhraj in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04/27/2011, 12:08 PM
  4. Vision | Visual acuity tests for Palm WebOS
    By boucles0 in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/12/2010, 12:26 PM

Posting Permissions