webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > One year to the day...
One year to the day...
Like Tree17Likes

Old 06/14/2014, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Well, it's been one year to the day since our writers have bothered posting anything on the main page. No information about LG. No information about webOS Televisions. No rumors about phones coming in the future. (and there ARE rumors) No information about webOS television development. No articles talking with the new developers. No discussions about the new api and app writing techniques. Nothing. So very sad considering the site didn't have to die and yet, they allowed it. RIP Palm and webOS.

Fix a broken Dropbox connection with TapNote | webOS Nation

Note: Yes, I am aware of pivotCE. However, the difference is raw numbers and community support. This site used to have it but they gave folks a reason to walk away and it's my right to be upset at them for that.

Last edited by jrb363; 06/14/2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Clarification
jrb363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by toaste likes this.
Old 06/14/2014, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
Well, it's been one year to the day since our writers have bothered posting anything on the main page. No information about LG. No information about webOS Televisions. No rumors about phones coming in the future. (and there ARE rumors)
What rumours? Don't forget to PM your second favourite news site with your scoops! ;-)
Old 06/14/2014, 10:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

If there was anyone we could ask for the ability to post new articles, who would we go to? I cannot imagine how it could hurt any considering our current status.
joeytino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2014, 01:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

I didn't realize it has only been a year. It feels like longer. While I'm very glad the forums are still here first having them taken off the Mobile Nations header then no longer getting at least one or two news posts a month really contributed to the feeling webOS was a dead OS even though I know that's not true. I figured webOS Ports and LG would have been enough to keep things going for now.
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 06/15/2014, 07:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Maybe one of our super moderators? Or one of the PivotCE writes could write for both sites? Or maybe rename webOS Nation Pivot CE
boovish is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by geekpeter and pattyland like this.
Old 06/15/2014, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice
toaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jrb363 likes this.
Old 06/15/2014, 09:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

They can stop posting to the front page if they want since it is someone's venture.

Just a little note would be nice tho
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2014, 10:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

i just read.

pivotCE

for news nowadays, I only have the webos-nation forums linked, dont bother with the rest of the site. all to be expected tho, were a "no devices in production" zombie OS.
Old 06/15/2014, 11:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
i just read.
pivotCE

- geekpeter
Nice! That should be our new slogan! ;-)

Like this?

* Disclaimer: I very much doubt that Ms Katic has ever heard of us... :-(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stana says.jpg (93.9 KB, 239 views) Email Attachment
Old 06/15/2014, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

We should put an ad in the paper
boovish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2014, 08:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Well now I would think there is no reason NOT to let us at least update the main page a little for new visitors

How to get your stories on the CrackBerry homepage! | CrackBerry.com
joeytino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2014, 08:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Been there. Tried that. It's not going to happen until LG announces and/or releases a mobile device. pivotCE will do our best to fill the void until then. If you'd like to volunteer to write articles, send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with pattyland to get started.
Old 07/23/2014, 05:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Just saw a commercial for a WebOS TV & thought cool finally so ya bit surprised my main news portal for WebOS didnt have it splattered on the main page
Old 07/23/2014, 07:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

To clarify.... the front page is shut down.

The only way there will be new news items posted up there will be if LG brings out some phones. Otherwise... the forums will be the only thing we will keep active. Thanks

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Rnp
Old 07/23/2014, 08:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

But couldn't they put up a notice on the front page saying what is the status
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Old 07/23/2014, 09:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Ya'd think.... but we're basically adrift at this point. I could easily rant on this, but Marcus, James and the rest have been awesome in the support we have received. We could have easily ended up like the webOSRoundup site (dead, abandonded, and now gone), but they are letting us keep on trucking.

At this point, it's up to members to keep life in the forums. Heck, I was leaving Fry's on Tuesday night and a guy was walking out with new LG webOS TV in his cart. I wrote down the site address and told him we were here if he has any questions. There aren't a lot of resource sites out there for LG's webOS side and we certainly have the jump ahead of anyone else if something does happen. If LG ramps up webOS into tons of stuff... or ideally, if they ever take a chance on a phone - this place could/would come back to life. For now... we're adrift but rowing steadily.

Old 07/23/2014, 10:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

I think they are being short-sighted by ignoring the ONLY webOS devices currently IN PRODUCTION... Connectedly is an overpopulated mess of different things. I tried, but it's not worth the effort.

Sent using WebOS Nation mobile app

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman and Vistaus like this.
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 07/24/2014, 06:58 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
To clarify.... the front page is shut down.

The only way there will be new news items posted up there will be if LG brings out some phones. Otherwise... the forums will be the only thing we will keep active. Thanks
Well, that's unfortunate to hear.... If people are waiting news from LG to announce some WebOS phone, then the site will remain dead forever.... Sorry to admit it, but LG is too busy tasting Google's KiKat.
Old 07/24/2014, 09:43 AM   #19 (permalink)

@PalmPixi_User23.... perhaps... but as a support forum, we are still here and still the best.

Liked by cbosdell likes this.
Old 07/26/2014, 01:18 AM   #20 (permalink)

Instead of hearing about SmartTVs with webOS people would rather hear about dumpwatches with tizen. This site is a joke to me anymore and the Only thing that keeps me here is the FANTASTIC COMMUNITY! Hope I'm not stepping on your toes @HelloNNNewman with that comment

ps: I secretly wish my Chromebook had webOS on it but don't tell google I said that......

(not to derail the conversation but what if we made a modern palm foleo with a chromebook and gave it the ability to do the stuff the touchpad could do with the pre3. or better yet focused on making a version for open webOS)

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
Twitter: MatthewMers
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.

Tags
articles, palm, webos