Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes
    ive long since moved onto android but what the heck happened to open webbos and webos ports? doesn't seem like much of anything has come of it?
    ive long since moved onto android but what the heck happened to open webbos and webos ports? doesn't seem like much of anything has come of it?
    HP open sourced quite some bits but far from a full OS (no telephony & messaging for example). Also LunaSysMgr was optimized in a way that only worked on Palm/HP hardware with proprietary drivers. WebOS Ports has been working hard with a small team to develop the missing bits and rewrote the whole LunaSysMgr UI in QT5 and called in Luna-Next so it can work on devices with Android drivers :-) A lot of background things like update service etc has been developed and tested. The latest alpha release has been quite a while ago (still with old LunaSysMgr), but the team has been working hard and regular monthly releases will be provided going forward.

The OS is not in a state where you can use it as a daily driver but it's getting there. The new name chosen in LuneOS and has a new logo :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    To clarify.... the front page is shut down.

The only way there will be new news items posted up there will be if LG brings out some phones. Otherwise... the forums will be the only thing we will keep active. Thanks
    Then I'm sorry to say but that's a very shortsighted, stupid decision. Why is this website called WEBOSnation? If it's only about the phones, then why not rename it back to Precentral? webOS implies that it's about the OS. And even though I'm no fan, LG is using webOS. So that's news to post. Again: if it's about the phones, rename it back to Precentral.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Again: if it's about the phones, rename it back to Precentral.
    a valid argument!
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    Sad fact is that Open webOS didn't catch massive interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Sad fact is that Open webOS didn't catch massive interest.
    ironic isn't it? webos didn't either.
    We just need a massive PRPRPR $campaign$. $Of$ $course$ $we$ $have$ $no$ $money$
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    there's no copyright on ice-bucket challenge! I nominate Bookish, smooth3006 & BeanBird!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12