webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Confirmed LG Smart TV with webOS for voice/gesture recognition.
Confirmed LG Smart TV with webOS for voice/gesture recognition.
Like Tree15Likes

Old 12/26/2013, 03:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I often use my iPad or touchpad as a remote control for my media center PC. Touchscreen wireless pointer control makes you feel very disconnected from the device you're trying to control. Yeah it works but it doesn't feel right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2013, 05:10 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
Have you experienced that your PC shutdown or restarts by its self??? I had.
Yeah but that's not the NSA - just a faulty Motherboard - or Windows.
I agree with you - it's safer to assume that anything connected to the Internet is eventually accessible by the likes of the NSA.
But why would they want to reboot your computer?

I'm sure they'd prefer to be unnoticable.
Stuff happening that is obvious is either just faulty hard-/software or your regular amateur malware at work.
Old 12/26/2013, 05:15 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
oh great after gathering filenames and surfing habbits (LG Smart TVs phone home with viewing habits and USB file names | Naked Security) they are now scanning our living rooms and collecting our faces and gestures..
'They' have been doing that for years already anyway!
Remember the cameras discovered hiding behind the IR Remote window in the early digital TV set top boxes etc?
We used to just stick a bit of tape over them!
Their excuse was that it was to 'observe' people's habits during Ad-breaks etc!

Big Bro is falling apart at the seams now anyway.. thanks largely to Edward Snowden et all!

Does this mean we'll be able to alter the Volume levels on our TPs by waving at them instead of prodding them?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Mini-5101.120Gb SSD. 3G/Wifi/BT. Win7.
Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 12/26/2013, 05:20 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
interesting what lg's current magic remote does. It has already voice control. I've never tried it but seems reasonably intuitive. Would seem easier to make a pre3 -sized or 7 inch tablet device with no keyboard (or maybe keeping keyboard if phone sized) to be the full time remote. Just repackage it. Then the gestures would simply be webos gestures rather than the accelerometer/pointing device LG has now. Wouldn't that be funny if it took off and became popular and garnered awards?!
LG Magic Remote

LG Magic Remote
Perfect. Now we get TVs that have cameras in our living rooms for gestures and Microphones for voice control.
Luckily these come with well researched and credible techs that prevent abuse.

Hopefully the National Safe-Online Association will provide everybody with a NeverCrack 1.0 upgrade package that prevents criiminals and above all terrorists from abusing these gadgets to spy on you.

Next time you have sex on your couch - please make sure the lighting is good. ;-)
Old 12/26/2013, 11:20 AM   #25 (permalink)

Lol..the best thing to do is buy the cheapest tv so that you know the cost of manufacturing it must have been too high to include a camera!
ajmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2013, 11:37 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
Lol..the best thing to do is buy the cheapest tv so that you know the cost of manufacturing it must have been too high to include a camera!
Everybody Chang-Hong tonight!

Newegg.com - Changhong 50" 1080p LED HDTV - LED50YC2000UA
ArchonAdvisors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2013, 07:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonAdvisors View Post
*snicker*
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2013, 11:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
The flaw in that plan is that the NSA subsidizes the camera/microphone cost for the OEMs.

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by TUFF Stough likes this.
Old 01/02/2014, 03:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Leaked image reveals webOS’ new look

Last edited by ederic; 01/02/2014 at 04:04 AM.
ederic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by akitayo, Rnp, RumoredNow