10/19/2013, 02:31 PM
Build Installed: 18 October 2013
Remember: These are thoughts / observations; not criticisms, especially since I could never do all this myself! :-)
- First attempt at booting resulted in a bootloop at the Google opening screen necessitating a battery pull. DOH!
- re-pushed the image to the Gnex, rebooted to bootloader, fastbooted the kernel and voila!
Thoughts / observations:
- Fonts across top bar are not scaled correctly; date is correct
- gesture area is below launcher bar as expected
- Just type pill is there; but tapping it brings up app drawer
- launcher bar at bottom has four 'apps' using the standard "luna" image plus the classic app drawer arrow
- Bringing up the app drawer reveals a number of apps/services included:
Row 1: Memos, Snowshoe, Accounts, Testr, GMail, Contacts
Row 2: Calendar, Preware2, First Use, Wikipedia, Settings, Email
Row 3: Calendar (again?), Tweaks, Twitter, Clock, Phone, Calculator
- Given the size of the icons and text; there is enough space for at least 6 more rows it appears.
- Opened settings; has three sub categories: connectivity, services, and Core
- Connectivity has Wifi and Telephony. Turning on the WiFi switch to "on" brings up a choose network menu but does not appear to work as of yet (i.e. no connectivity possible); buttons for scanning for networks are not scaled correctly and do not appear to function. Swiping back on gesture area to attempt to return to top menu does not appear to work either. Swipe up in gesture area DOES minimize to card-size and flick/drag upwards to close does work as well.
- Once card was swiped away, cannot access launcher again. I noticed this with prior builds and it may just be a system delay due to resource constraints, similar to a buffering scenario (i.e. remember the commands and then executing later when resource available)
So that's it for now.... using adb to reboot back to CM10.1.3.
Will reboot this build again and try some different apps / services thought without WiFi, opening preware2 or gmail wont be too exciting :-)