Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
    Can't wait for the alpha3/lune os to come out! I'm really holding on to the hope it's coming to the touchpad like mentioned on pivotce and hope it's sometime soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Btw if anyone on the ports team is reading it'd be an AMAZING birthday present if the alpha3 came out on my birthday (July 3)in a few weeks, and I'd be the happiest person ever

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  3.    #103  
    re: tenderloin
    You should check the recent changes at the wiki
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Grabber5.0, railbear007 and Rnp like this.
    Very cool, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    re: tenderloin
    You should check the recent changes at the wiki
    YAY! I just now saw the page and can't wait to get it on my touchpad!(When i get back from vacation )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks! and Thanks Ports Team!!!!!!!!!!
    Finally was able to start it......
    I had ubuntu chroot installed, never used it, uninstalled all, rebooted, used tailor to delete and recreate the partition and followed the rest of the steps. Did not work... Well I just hoped I had the right uimage.luneos since there is no link to download.

Where to go then? Bother Herrie* again? No not this time.

I simply downloaded several uimages, and started membooting** them, I do not know what I did wrong the first time, since naturally, the uimage that is in the same directory as where the webos ports image is downloaded from is the correct one

Thanks for this all at webos ports!

Sorry need to go dive into this LuneOS....

* See his help with the Foursquare app
    **memboot > Memboot - WebOS Internals
    (Has the advantage of not having to play around with your android dual boot setup)
    I've also tried LuneOS today. Glad to see it can boot, hw accel seems working. It is a good progress, but a lot of things should be done to use it daily.
    It seems there is a memory leakage, I can share klog(if it can help), but don't know where.
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    I've also tried LuneOS today. Glad to see it can boot, hw accel seems working. It is a good progress, but a lot of things should be done to use it daily.
    It seems there is a memory leakage, I can share klog(if it can help), but don't know where.
    Bug Report guidelines - WebOS-Ports

Maybe you want to join the project? ;-)
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Maybe you want to join the project? ;-)
    I wish I had programming skills to develop OS. But I will try to work on something small - russian keyboard seems good place to start(I am used to thumb keyboard layout from my first webosnation post), but it will take a lot of time.
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Finally was able to start it......
    I had ubuntu chroot installed, never used it, uninstalled all, rebooted, used tailor to delete and recreate the partition and followed the rest of the steps. Did not work... Well I just hoped I had the right uimage.luneos since there is no link to download.

Where to go then? Bother Herrie* again? No not this time.

I simply downloaded several uimages, and started membooting** them, I do not know what I did wrong the first time, since naturally, the uimage that is in the same directory as where the webos ports image is downloaded from is the correct one

Thanks for this all at webos ports!

Sorry need to go dive into this LuneOS....

* See his help with the Foursquare app
    **memboot > Memboot - WebOS Internals
    (Has the advantage of not having to play around with your android dual boot setup)
    I updated the instructions so they're more easy to follow The LuneOS.uImage wasn't available to the public before but it seems now it's on the build server simply named uImage
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    I wish I had programming skills to develop OS. But I will try to work on something small - russian keyboard seems good place to start(I am used to thumb keyboard layout from my first webosnation post), but it will take a lot of time.
    We need a lot of help with small things too, like indeed keyboard, QML (which is pretty much Javascript) and Enyo (2) (also Javascript) apps So these are small things even people with limited programming skills can help a bit

I'm not a hardcore programmer myself, but I can read, copy, paste and modify some code here and there I made some of the available tweaks in LuneOS (Custom Carrier String, Battery % etc )
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    NIN_ru, Preemptive, Rnp and 1 others like this.
  12.    #112  
    After accidently leaking the name change ;-) I was only going to point to the public wiki :-)
    After accidently leaking the name change ;-) I was only going to point to the public wiki :-)
    Attentive people can find out a lot by monitoring Wiki & GitHub changes
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Attentive people can find out a lot by monitoring Wiki & GitHub changes
    Herrie Point me too some thing need work i can do enyo2 jsjsjs $to$ $some$ $part$ ( $self$ $taught$ )
    john
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by john mcconnell View Post
    Herrie Point me too some thing need work i can do enyo2 jsjsjs $to$ $some$ $part$ ( $self$ $taught$ )
    john
    The settings app needs some TLC, I sent you some details by email
    Oh! I was very unobservant, LuneOS already have support for russian keybord, I will try to find something else...
    I have used jcsullins Touchpad Toolbox to create datamedia partition and installed android KitKat. (No webos installed).

Touchpad Toolbox | HP Touchpad | XDA Forum

What would be the best way to create the ext3fs lvm partition to install luneOS.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
  18.    #118  
    I doubt that anyone has tested that. You could try and report back here.
    For a non-datamedia install with webOS still on device, I could think of a few ways to try for Tri Boot.
  19.    #119  
    Alrighty then.
    As the OP, a gent who meta-doctored his pre(-); installed android on a spare tp; risked his gnex installing alpha 2 builds: I can't load the tenderloin port.

For ex: where am I unpacking moboot? On device? If so where? If not, when do I transfer to TP?
    Alrighty then.
    As the OP, a gent who meta-doctored his pre(-); installed android on a spare tp; risked his gnex installing alpha 2 builds: I can't load the tenderloin port.

For ex: where am I unpacking moboot? On device? If so where? If not, when do I transfer to TP?
    Instructions could be a bit more clear, I'll try to see if I can get a video up sometime too.

Basically you need to have the following 2 files on your local pc:

uImage (downloaded from Ports build server)
    uImage.moboot_0.3.8 (downloaded from moboot link)

Both are being put to the TP with these commands:
    novacom put file://boot/uImage.LuneOS < uImage
    novacom put file://boot/uImage < uImage.moboot_0.3.8
    MartinH@webos likes this.