webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > The first image and video of webOS TV Emulator
The first image and video of webOS TV Emulator
Like Tree15Likes

Old 10/18/2013, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Removed.

Last edited by wMarck90; 11/01/2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: LG Request
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by akitayo, Pilotovef, renater and 6 others like this.
Old 10/18/2013, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

woooowwww ya quiero es en mis manos. <3
MAMISHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2013, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

How did you find this????
mrmarquis9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2013, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Interesting..
ajmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2013, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
News Contributor

We are now in October,.

As I can see the developers of webOS for the LG smartTV will not be ready for a launch at the CES 2014 as early. I hope to be wrong.

The positive is the progress, developers and LG are making at this time.
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2013, 11:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

I see Netflix!
gespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by johncc likes this.
Old 10/19/2013, 02:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

@mrmarquis9
EnyoJS Bug Tracking, but now the video are private. I hope LG don't asking to remove, because there isn't much information.

@akitayo
Last time i have checked they were on Alpha 5. I don't know if they have the product ready for the CES 2014. But the excitement for this product is really big.
And before anyone think wrong.. I never seen webOS TV in action.
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2013, 02:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Glad to see that some progress has been made
Old 10/19/2013, 03:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
We are now in October,.

As I can see the developers of webOS for the LG smartTV will not be ready for a launch at the CES 2014 as early. I hope to be wrong.

The positive is the progress, developers and LG are making at this time.
Why do you say this?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2013, 05:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I wonder too... Seems like things have been tested on actual TV's since early this year already going by the GitHub commits and a lot of improvements have been made both structurally as well as quality wise in the code I've seen on GitHub. There's still tons of promised stuff missing but I know some things are on internal servers that haven't been pushed to public yet.... Just based on postings on Enyo forum, GitHub etc ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 10/19/2013, 05:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Can't wait to try the emulator (and TV of course) by myself!
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2013, 03:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Maybe this will bring webOS Nation back to the tabs!
boovish is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by TopTongueBarry, cbosdell and mattmers like this.
Old 10/19/2013, 06:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Huh. And looks to me like Ares being used to author the apps.
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2013, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Ares is getting to be quite nice. About a month or so ago, I built a new interface for SynerGV using it, over the course of a weekend. It's probably improved quite a bit since then. Of course, Ares is all in the public view anyway, so you can all mess with it. In fact, you all -should- mess with it :-)
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 10/19/2013, 09:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Ares is getting to be quite nice. About a month or so ago, I built a new interface for SynerGV using it, over the course of a weekend. It's probably improved quite a bit since then. Of course, Ares is all in the public view anyway, so you can all mess with it. In fact, you all -should- mess with it :-)
Yea, ares is pretty fun to get up and running and mess with. I don't have any code experience but was still installing ares. I did a thread on it. I have not installed ares since like June, I think I will do it soon.

I hope LG tries getting involved with developers and holds some events like webOS use to. If they want to succeed they will need to get dev support to give their TV's the edge.

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
Twitter: MatthewMers
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2013, 10:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
Yea, ares is pretty fun to get up and running and mess with. I don't have any code experience but was still installing ares. I did a thread on it. I have not installed ares since like June, I think I will do it soon.

I hope LG tries getting involved with developers and holds some events like webOS use to. If they want to succeed they will need to get dev support to give their TV's the edge.
I hope they hold way better events than HP did.

BTW, if I ever get time again to -complete- that Enyo 2 interface for SGV, i'll update the apps
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Liked by mattmers likes this.
Old 10/19/2013, 11:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
@mrmarquis9
EnyoJS Bug Tracking, but now the video are private. I hope LG don't asking to remove, because there isn't much information.

@akitayo
Last time i have checked they were on Alpha 5. I don't know if they have the product ready for the CES 2014. But the excitement for this product is really big.
I remember someone searched the code in the Pre 3 and came across the virtual keyboard.
Has anyone thought about searching inside the LG G2 smartphone to find some enyo goodness related the future compatibility with LG webos tv s that will launch during NFl playoffs when it is high tv selling season?
hpcbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2013, 08:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

Where's my toaster?

Now, I hope they pull it off. If it becomes a major selling point that the TV interface won over more consumers, then they may let that tech bleed into other areas.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
imurrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2013, 05:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Why do you say this?
Just IMHO
Old 10/21/2013, 05:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
@mrmarquis9

@akitayo
I see thanks for your information.