Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By boucles0
  • 4 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By Choorp
  • 4 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    I have just find this on EnyoJS bug tracking website. I really want to grab this webOS TV Emulator to try it !

Please LG, make webOS tablets and phones !

Source : Plus d'infos sur le développement de la TV webOS.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    I'm so looking forward to making things for the webOS TV!
    No doubt! My only fear is that it keeps the webOS name, but the UI is completely redesigned to the point it bears no resemblance to what we've come to love any longer. At this point, I'm just excited to see anything labeled "webOS" come about!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    No doubt! My only fear is that it keeps the webOS name, but the UI is completely redesigned to the point it bears no resemblance to what we've come to love any longer. At this point, I'm just excited to see anything labeled "webOS" come about!
    That NOT the tv it is Ares the IDE that on git hub! Ares is the IDE used to build ENYO 2 apps . looks like there using it to build parts of the tv

John
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john mcconnell View Post
    That NOT the tv it is Ares the IDE that on git hub! Ares is the IDE used to build ENYO 2 apps . looks like there using it to build parts of the tv

John
    Seems like you missed the icons in the top right... :P
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    I have just find this on EnyoJS bug tracking website. I really want to grab this webOS TV Emulator to try it !

Click to view quoted image

Please LG, make webOS tablets and phones !

Source : Plus d'infos sur le développement de la TV webOS.
    Kudos Marc A. !
    I red your article on webosfrance.com and you labelled "webOS Native IDE" as an IDE for EnyoJs? Isn't this more like an IDE for PDK apps? Because they are always refering to it as "Native apps". Maybe this means PDK apps can be built for openwebOS if LG ever release a SDK..
    Also I made further search and there is a definitevily a work in progress by a team refered to by "TV Labs?"
    https://enyojs.atlassian.net/browse/...20~%20%22tv%22
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    While your concern is understandable, I think using webOS on a TV may require some UI changes depending on whether the remote has buttons, a touchscreen or is waved through the air to make the various swiping motions (!)

What I think is important is that the underlying code is usable / useful to the ports team and that apps are cross platform.

A complete fork is useless to us here (except if it makes for a great TV that we all buy!), but if it helps the port or is even in a state that LG could put it on phones, then it's all good.

That's my worry: webOS morphed to the point of no resemblance because it's no longer webOS... I mean, they've been working on this for a while now and the system was already usable when they started...
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    Seems like you missed the icons in the top right... :P
    yes your right i did miss the icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    While your concern is understandable, I think using webOS on a TV may require some UI changes depending on whether the remote has buttons, a touchscreen or is waved through the air to make the various swiping motions (!)

What I think is important is that the underlying code is usable / useful to the ports team and that apps are cross platform.

A complete fork is useless to us here (except if it makes for a great TV that we all buy!), but if it helps the port or is even in a state that LG could put it on phones, then it's all good.

That's my worry: webOS morphed to the point of no resemblance because it's no longer webOS... I mean, they've been working on this for a while now and the system was already usable when they started...
    Exactly.
    Great spot!
    I'm officially excited. Probably going to install ares for the 4th time and mess around with it. I may not know how to use it but its still fun to install lol. Hopefully they are working on an exe for ares because I'm pretty sure not everyone agrees that its fun to install.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    If I try to install it I would probably brick my TP
    the tv emulator has nothing to do with yur touchpad....
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: