webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > webOS TV Emulator
webOS TV Emulator
Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By boucles0
  • 4 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By Choorp
  • 4 Post By Preemptive

Old 09/17/2013, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I have just find this on EnyoJS bug tracking website. I really want to grab this webOS TV Emulator to try it !

Please LG, make webOS tablets and phones !

Source : Plus d'infos sur le développement de la TV webOS.

Starter - Newspaper Creator - Lithium Benchmark - Lithium Messenger - Multiple App launcher - webOSnation News - Color My Dreams - Lightning Impact - Vision
boucles0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sshaka, Isandunk, mattmers and 1 others like this.
Old 09/17/2013, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm so looking forward to making things for the webOS TV!
Choorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2013, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

No doubt! My only fear is that it keeps the webOS name, but the UI is completely redesigned to the point it bears no resemblance to what we've come to love any longer. At this point, I'm just excited to see anything labeled "webOS" come about!

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by alanmorford, petbull, pattyland and 1 others like this.
Thanked by Choorp, Vistaus
Old 09/17/2013, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
No doubt! My only fear is that it keeps the webOS name, but the UI is completely redesigned to the point it bears no resemblance to what we've come to love any longer. At this point, I'm just excited to see anything labeled "webOS" come about!
That NOT the tv it is Ares the IDE that on git hub! Ares is the IDE used to build ENYO 2 apps . looks like there using it to build parts of the tv

John
john mcconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 09/17/2013, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by john mcconnell View Post
That NOT the tv it is Ares the IDE that on git hub! Ares is the IDE used to build ENYO 2 apps . looks like there using it to build parts of the tv

John
Seems like you missed the icons in the top right... :P
Choorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 09/17/2013, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
I have just find this on EnyoJS bug tracking website. I really want to grab this webOS TV Emulator to try it !

Click to view quoted image

Please LG, make webOS tablets and phones !

Source : Plus d'infos sur le développement de la TV webOS.
Kudos Marc A. !
I red your article on webosfrance.com and you labelled "webOS Native IDE" as an IDE for EnyoJs? Isn't this more like an IDE for PDK apps? Because they are always refering to it as "Native apps". Maybe this means PDK apps can be built for openwebOS if LG ever release a SDK..
Also I made further search and there is a definitevily a work in progress by a team refered to by "TV Labs?"
https://enyojs.atlassian.net/browse/...20~%20%22tv%22
Attached Images
File Type: png ARS.PNG (30.5 KB, 36 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png NBL.PNG (30.5 KB, 26 views) Email Attachment
Vity Traff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2013, 09:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
While your concern is understandable, I think using webOS on a TV may require some UI changes depending on whether the remote has buttons, a touchscreen or is waved through the air to make the various swiping motions (!)

What I think is important is that the underlying code is usable / useful to the ports team and that apps are cross platform.

A complete fork is useless to us here (except if it makes for a great TV that we all buy!), but if it helps the port or is even in a state that LG could put it on phones, then it's all good.

That's my worry: webOS morphed to the point of no resemblance because it's no longer webOS... I mean, they've been working on this for a while now and the system was already usable when they started...
Preemptive is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0, HelloNNNewman, petbull and 1 others like this.
Old 09/17/2013, 09:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
Seems like you missed the icons in the top right... :P
yes your right i did miss the icon
john mcconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2013, 09:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
While your concern is understandable, I think using webOS on a TV may require some UI changes depending on whether the remote has buttons, a touchscreen or is waved through the air to make the various swiping motions (!)

What I think is important is that the underlying code is usable / useful to the ports team and that apps are cross platform.

A complete fork is useless to us here (except if it makes for a great TV that we all buy!), but if it helps the port or is even in a state that LG could put it on phones, then it's all good.

That's my worry: webOS morphed to the point of no resemblance because it's no longer webOS... I mean, they've been working on this for a while now and the system was already usable when they started...
Exactly.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2013, 03:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Great spot!
Isandunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2013, 07:31 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'm officially excited. Probably going to install ares for the 4th time and mess around with it. I may not know how to use it but its still fun to install lol. Hopefully they are working on an exe for ares because I'm pretty sure not everyone agrees that its fun to install.

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
Twitter: MatthewMers
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2014, 08:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

If I try to install it I would probably brick my TP
daver61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2014, 02:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

the tv emulator has nothing to do with yur touchpad....
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote