Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By mattmers
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 6 Post By dkirker
  • 2 Post By kevets
  • 2 Post By lansing
  1.    #1  
    For more efficient energy usage, the LG G2 employs Graphic RAM (GRAM) technology. GRAM reduces the display’s energy use by up to 26 percent on a still frame and increases overall usage time on the device by approximately 10 percent. And with a generous 3,000mAh battery that is thoughtfully designed to take maximum advantage of the interior space, the LG G2 is more than ready for a full day’s work or play.
    Key Specifications:
    - Processor: 2.26GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800 featuring quad Krait CPU
    - Display: 5.2-inch Full HD IPS (1080 x 1920 pixels / 423 ppi)
    - Memory: 32GB / 16GB
    - RAM: 2GB LPDDR3 800MHz
    - Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS / Front 2.1MP
    - Battery: 3,000mAh
    - Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
    - Size: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm
    - Colors: Black / White
    How bout it, webos ports?? This would be incredible.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  2. #2  
    Qualcomm processor so no
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T


    LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    cujoq37 likes this.
  3. #3  
    And no keyboard so no for me.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    cujoq37 likes this.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    Qualcomm processor so no
    Don't be so quick to judge, unless you have a personal boycott going against the chipmaker... there's a number of Qualcomm powered devices that do have CyanogenMod support, which can be used as a springboard for porting OwOS. So it depends on each parcticular phone, how much success the XDA devs have with it, etc...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Don't be so quick to judge, unless you have a personal boycott going against the chipmaker... there's a number of Qualcomm powered devices that do have CyanogenMod support, which can be used as a springboard for porting OwOS. So it depends on each parcticular phone, how much success the XDA devs have with it, etc...
    those have support only because of qualcomm's own touchpads that came pre-loaded with their own android system stuffed complete with native android drivers which ended up in the hands of the public then CM devs, thats likely why we have touchpad ports but no pre3 etc.

    i believe some of those QComm android touchpads got ebay'd for some large quantities of cash.

    Agree tho that we cant just expect a port to any latest and greatest device just because its desirable, the drivers/other issues arent an easy wall to climb.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    How bout it, webos ports?? This would be incredible.
    and the 5" screen is useless so
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    those have support only because of qualcomm's own touchpads that came pre-loaded with their own android system stuffed complete with native android drivers which ended up in the hands of the public then CM devs, thats likely why we have touchpad ports but no pre3 etc.

    i believe some of those QComm android touchpads got ebay'd for some large quantities of cash.

    Agree tho that we cant just expect a port to any latest and greatest device just because its desirable, the drivers/other issues arent an easy wall to climb.
    There are phones like the Oppo Find5 that also make use of the Qualcomm chipset, but have CM... the Touchpad was different, and i'm mostly talking about native Android devices...
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    There are phones like the Oppo Find5 that also make use of the Qualcomm chipset, but have CM... the Touchpad was different, and i'm mostly talking about native Android devices...
    i just meant in the case of the qualcomm touchpads that got released into users/devs hands, those were native android which is why people tried to snatch them up for their internal androidy goodness.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i just meant in the case of the qualcomm touchpads that got released into users/devs hands, those were native android which is why people tried to snatch them up for their internal androidy goodness.
    Yeah, i understand. I was just trying to be clear, that Qualcomm, or not, the thing to look for in porting targets would be third party ROM support (CM, Paranoid Android, etc)... since the webOS port would be making use of OEM Android drivers and the most important thing is being able to compile the kernel.

    So mattmers' aversion to Qualcomm hardware is either on ideological grounds, or he simply misunderstood
  10. #10  
    So... open webOS is based (or at least the webOS-Ports version) on libHybris, which pretty much means that if it can run ICS, it is likely to be able to run open webOS.

    BUT! Someone has to put the energy out to connect the dots. We have a community. If you want it, step up.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  11.    #11  
    I am kind of shocked at some of the responses. I would be thrilled to see open webOS survive on ANY device, so I wouldn't really be picky about lack of keyboard or screen being too big. We're just making conversation here anyway. At some point, you have to realize that there's nothing like Pre 3 on the market and there may never be. Best chance is probably a BB10 slider recreation of the Torch, but that's all speculation still and would have no real chance of running any other OS.

    I just thought the combination of a Qualcomm krait CPU/GPU with 2GB RAM, a 13MP camera, and a 3,000mAh battery was pretty compelling. Oh, and it's built by the current 'owners' of webOS.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Grabber5.0 and RumoredNow like this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    So... open webOS is based (or at least the webOS-Ports version) on libHybris, which pretty much means that if it can run ICS, it is likely to be able to run open webOS.

    BUT! Someone has to put the energy out to connect the dots. We have a community. If you want it, step up.
    That's pretty encouraging, thanks! If it hasn't been asked before - does that include radio functionality on CDMA devices, or am I stuck living out my webOS dream on unlocked GSM devices?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  
    That's pretty encouraging, thanks! If it hasn't been asked before - does that include radio functionality on CDMA devices, or am I stuck living out my webOS dream on unlocked GSM devices?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    If it works on Cyanogenmod or Ubuntu Touch it should theoretically also work from what I understood :-)


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/09/2013 at 01:17 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  14. T-Pad's Avatar
    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #14  
    Look how open-source-friendly Qualcomm is:
    Jean-Baptiste Quéru quits AOSP, Qualcomm legal drama could be to blame

    Well, I see that people have figured out why I'm quitting AOSP.

    There's no point being the maintainer of an Operating System that can't boot to the home screen on its flagship device (the new Nexus 7) for lack of GPU support, especially when I'm getting the blame for something that I don't have authority to fix myself and that I had anticipated and escalated more than 6 months ahead.
    As far as I have read Qualcomm doesn't provide open-source drivers (which is quite normal for Qualcomm), but now they won't even provide binary drivers.
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Look how open-source-friendly Qualcomm is:
    Jean-Baptiste Quéru quits AOSP, Qualcomm legal drama could be to blame



    As far as I have read Qualcomm doesn't provide open-source drivers (which is quite normal for Qualcomm), but now they won't even provide binary drivers.
    Google is being too passive here and allowing to be *****ed on
  16. #16  
    .

    LG should hire this Jean-Baptiste Quéru. Put him on the webOS open source team.

    .
    Remy X and eKeith like this.
  17.    #17  
    LinkedIn says he's a software engineer at Google, so that seems unlikely. Is it TI that makes the open source friendly OMAP cpus?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Look how open-source-friendly Qualcomm is:
    Jean-Baptiste Quéru quits AOSP, Qualcomm legal drama could be to blame



    As far as I have read Qualcomm doesn't provide open-source drivers (which is quite normal for Qualcomm), but now they won't even provide binary drivers.
    Isn't this sorted now?

    Google Changes Course, Posts 2013 Nexus 7 (Razor) Factory Image And Binaries

Similar Threads

  1. Gram app in HP catalog T48DPTest
    By Firepower in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12/10/2012, 11:22 AM
  2. HP/gram collaborating on more than just TVs?
    By beeberdopf in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/30/2012, 06:00 AM
  3. Gram Wallpaper
    By GMMan in forum TouchPad Wallpapers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10/14/2012, 04:59 PM
  4. HP behind the scene negotiations (gram related?)
    By i2y4n in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08/29/2012, 03:03 PM
  5. GRAM Central anyone?
    By MDsmartphone in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08/16/2012, 12:41 PM

Posting Permissions