Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Don't you know, they've stopped writing about webOS on mobile nations.
    I thought they were still writing news, just not including the site on their header. Someone wake up Kessler.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    OK.

What about a port to HP slate7 ? So far I have not seen any effort at HP to offer webos for Slate7 devices.
    why would they?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Yeah. The Open webOS team is now at LG, so that's the end of trying to port OwOS to HP devices. The TouchSmart PC demo was nice, but i doubt we'll see any more of that...
  4.    #64  
    I posted on a Linux forum saying WebOS-Ports needs some coding help for porting to nexus devices. Lets hope I get some replies.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    stupid question...but why have the rounded black corners around the apps but have straight corners in the cards?

Personally I prefer the rounded corners when in card view, and since you basically already indicate the rounded corners when the app is full-screen, I really think the straight corners don't fit.

That being said: starts to look promising.
    Looks very promising!
    Can we expect an Alpha 3 or even Beta soon? ;D
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    I gave my galaxy nexus to my wife, looks like it's time for my wife to get a new phone

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    why would they?
    you wouldn't want it anyway.

random story actually, i was at a store in front of a Samsung tablet diplay, and this guy was asking about the HP Slate, and the sales person said a Kindle Fire, heck, anything is better than the HP Slate.

I felt satisfied, but seeing reviews, it seems warranted. Anyone should just go for the Nexus 7.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Remy X and RumoredNow like this.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    I posted on a Linux forum saying WebOS-Ports needs some coding help for porting to nexus devices. Lets hope I get some replies.
    That's great start but couldn't we incentivize the process? Why would programmers/coders start working on an unfamiliar os with uncertain (mildly put) prospects. Maybe webos internals can farm out certain parts of porting that aren't completed and offer a small reward for completing. The leadership of webos internals can decide if efforts are legitimate. Talented coders are in short supply. And web os supporters probably wouldn't object if critical webos internals staff to be given small stipends for all their time and effort. At least donations would be helpful for keeping the momentum going.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    That's great start but couldn't we incentivize the process? Why would programmers/coders start working on an unfamiliar os with uncertain (mildly put) prospects. Maybe webos internals can farm out certain parts of porting that aren't completed and offer a small reward for completing. The leadership of webos internals can decide if efforts are legitimate. Talented coders are in short supply. And web os supporters probably wouldn't object if critical webos internals staff to be given small stipends for all their time and effort. At least donations would be helpful for keeping the momentum going.
    Don't students always need money? If someone knows Canuck Coding and would like to approach him about taking a stipend to help out webos ports, I am fine to contribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Don't students always need money? If someone knows Canuck Coding and would like to approach him about taking a stipend to help out webos ports, I am fine to contribute.
    He's probably doing that already, but from what i've heard he's in the middle of a summer internship at the LG Silicon Valley Labs....
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    He's probably doing that already, but from what i've heard he's in the middle of a summer internship at the LG Silicon Valley Labs....
    yup, RL + good career > all.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234