webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > New WebOS-Ports Video
New WebOS-Ports Video
Like Tree33Likes

Old 07/06/2013, 09:43 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
Don't you know, they've stopped writing about webOS on mobile nations.
I thought they were still writing news, just not including the site on their header. Someone wake up Kessler.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 07/06/2013, 10:59 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
OK.

What about a port to HP slate7 ? So far I have not seen any effort at HP to offer webos for Slate7 devices.
why would they?
Old 07/06/2013, 11:35 PM   #63 (permalink)

Yeah. The Open webOS team is now at LG, so that's the end of trying to port OwOS to HP devices. The TouchSmart PC demo was nice, but i doubt we'll see any more of that...
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2013, 02:11 AM   #64 (permalink)

I posted on a Linux forum saying WebOS-Ports needs some coding help for porting to nexus devices. Lets hope I get some replies.

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
Twitter: MatthewMers
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2013, 04:00 AM   #65 (permalink)

stupid question...but why have the rounded black corners around the apps but have straight corners in the cards?

Personally I prefer the rounded corners when in card view, and since you basically already indicate the rounded corners when the app is full-screen, I really think the straight corners don't fit.

That being said: starts to look promising.
Misj' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2013, 07:10 AM   #66 (permalink)

Looks very promising!
Can we expect an Alpha 3 or even Beta soon? ;D
Old 07/07/2013, 07:20 AM   #67 (permalink)

I gave my galaxy nexus to my wife, looks like it's time for my wife to get a new phone

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2
siggi_digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2013, 01:34 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
why would they?
you wouldn't want it anyway.

random story actually, i was at a store in front of a Samsung tablet diplay, and this guy was asking about the HP Slate, and the sales person said a Kindle Fire, heck, anything is better than the HP Slate.

I felt satisfied, but seeing reviews, it seems warranted. Anyone should just go for the Nexus 7.
Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
iPhone 5c > Nexus 5
My Palm OS Archive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow and Remy X like this.
Old 07/07/2013, 08:09 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
I posted on a Linux forum saying WebOS-Ports needs some coding help for porting to nexus devices. Lets hope I get some replies.
That's great start but couldn't we incentivize the process? Why would programmers/coders start working on an unfamiliar os with uncertain (mildly put) prospects. Maybe webos internals can farm out certain parts of porting that aren't completed and offer a small reward for completing. The leadership of webos internals can decide if efforts are legitimate. Talented coders are in short supply. And web os supporters probably wouldn't object if critical webos internals staff to be given small stipends for all their time and effort. At least donations would be helpful for keeping the momentum going.
ewl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2013, 08:54 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
That's great start but couldn't we incentivize the process? Why would programmers/coders start working on an unfamiliar os with uncertain (mildly put) prospects. Maybe webos internals can farm out certain parts of porting that aren't completed and offer a small reward for completing. The leadership of webos internals can decide if efforts are legitimate. Talented coders are in short supply. And web os supporters probably wouldn't object if critical webos internals staff to be given small stipends for all their time and effort. At least donations would be helpful for keeping the momentum going.
Don't students always need money? If someone knows Canuck Coding and would like to approach him about taking a stipend to help out webos ports, I am fine to contribute.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2013, 09:07 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
Don't students always need money? If someone knows Canuck Coding and would like to approach him about taking a stipend to help out webos ports, I am fine to contribute.
He's probably doing that already, but from what i've heard he's in the middle of a summer internship at the LG Silicon Valley Labs....
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2013, 10:04 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
He's probably doing that already, but from what i've heard he's in the middle of a summer internship at the LG Silicon Valley Labs....
yup, RL + good career > all.