Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By hysmith
  • 2 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By ananimus
  1.    #1  
    The annual HP conference, Discover 2013, is next week. Every year they release a mobile app for navigating the conference, tracking your sessions, maps of the conference space, etc. This year's app was just released, and I was noting that at the bottom it has a small logo: "Built in Enyo". For what it's worth, someone at HP is using it...
    Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. --Greg Bear
    Thanks for pointing out some kinda silver lining... we ain't dead yet!...
    barryb20 and HelloNNNewman like this.
    Thanks for sharing this info! I hope there'll be some OpenWebOS news since they haven't updated their status for months ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Obligatory:
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFXGwHsD_A[/YT]
    lansing likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If Enyo was webOS-exclusive, that'd be one thing. But it's not, so it really doesn't reflect on webOS at all anymore. I know a dev team that never used webOS playing with it for an iOS/Android project, evaluating it against Sencha and Appcelerator to see which one does what they really want it to. Kind of apples-to-oranges with Appcelerator in the mix, but that's their deal, not mine.
  6.    #7  
    An update: at the conference there was a big push in the mobility space, and HP's "HP Anywhere" line is a mobile shell over some of the HP Software client apps. I didn't drill down too much into it, but it does have a very Enyo feel to the interface. It looks like we'll be seeing more of it from the house that Leo tore down.
    Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. --Greg Bear