webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Fairphone for WEB-OS ?
Fairphone for WEB-OS ?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman

Old 06/05/2013, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

The company Fairphone has stated that when their phone comes out this fall it will have Android installed.But if you don't want Android you are able to install any operating system you want . Why Not WEB-OS ?
bowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2013, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

webOS Ports is working on making OwOS compatible with Android drivers... so perhaps by the time the phone comes out, we will already be able to run webOS on other hardware that ships with Android...
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2013, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

FairPhone is a Dutch initiative. Though the price is a bit steep for the hardware they're offering, it might be something looking into as it might be able to natively run webOS instead of fiddling around with Android bits. I actually wanted to suggest the Ports guys to reach out to them and see what would be possible

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Old 06/06/2013, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

BTW... it's "webOS"

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by xandros9 likes this.
Old 06/06/2013, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
FairPhone is a Dutch initiative. Though the price is a bit steep for the hardware they're offering, it might be something looking into as it might be able to natively run webOS instead of fiddling around with Android bits. I actually wanted to suggest the Ports guys to reach out to them and see what would be possible

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
considering most of us paid through the teeth to aquire a pre3 or non firesale touchpads or replacement ebay'd touchpads i personally dont mind paying extra for a "new" device webOS capable of migrating too if its capable of allowing open webOS to run as intended.
Old 06/06/2013, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

That could definitely be a replacement for my eventually some day dying Pre3. Size and specs fit my needs. Price is OK for a 16 GB 8 MP quadcore dual SIM phone with changeable battery, IMHO. And with OwOS it would be matchless.
ZehHa is offline   Reply With Quote