webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Bluez support for bluetooth
Bluez support for bluetooth

Old 05/31/2013, 03:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Is bluez support officially available on openwebos, if not , is someone really working on it,would be happy to contribute back
andy_aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ani541
Old 05/31/2013, 06:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

A lot of things are currently being worked as far as I know (though not everything has been pushed to GitHub as of yet as it seems and the blog hasn't been updated for quite some time).

However the blog DOES mention BlueZ as part of future development back when OWO 1.0 was released. I'm not sure about the current status of development though.
The Open webOS Project Blog
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2013, 06:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
A lot of things are currently being worked as far as I know (though not everything has been pushed to GitHub as of yet as it seems and the blog hasn't been updated for quite some time).

However the blog DOES mention BlueZ as part of future development back when OWO 1.0 was released. I'm not sure about the current status of development though.
The Open webOS Project Blog
Updates in blog are way too old...eagerly waiting for bluez enhancement in openwebos
andy_aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2013, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Fully agree that they're way too old. I understood that they're working on a proper update but I don't know when it'll be ready....

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Old 09/12/2013, 04:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_aks View Post
Is bluez support officially available on openwebos, if not , is someone really working on it,would be happy to contribute back
Hi,

we already implemented a Bluetooth h/w module using Bluetooth stack by Sybase using UART as the HCI Transportation layer. [sybase ianywhere].

But now we wanted to implement the same on linux os as the to reduce the costs, Since Linux provides a free bluetooth stack BlueZ. Now, I am not sure if there is any difference in the output of bluez and ianywhere... in the sense that , if there is any difference in final command instructions between these two.

If so , then we need to write another layer in between the HCI transportation layer and the HCI layer of BlueZ .

Please suggest any differences in these two stacks and the way to approach these differences.

Thanks,

Anirudh.

note : As you can see that my question lacks specific details , I am a total new bee in bluetooth tech.
ani541 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, openwebos