webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > LG trying moving away from Android smartphones, not looking at webOS (WTF?)
LG trying moving away from Android smartphones, not looking at webOS (WTF?)
Like Tree15Likes

Old 05/29/2013, 04:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@cgk: I'm not the one who photoshopped that so shut your pie-hole. And if you're referring to that Juno Paxton guy: he never said he discovered it, he just posted it.

@Buddy: Yeah, it might be fake after all. I guess you're right. Well, hopefully we'll see images of a real LG webOS device one day.

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/2013, 07:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
Rnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Would be nice if LG reliazed the synergy effects of using webOS in both TV and other devices.

Touch to share between TV and tablet/phones would be cool.
Just tap the phone on the TV to pair them and be able to stream music and video without the need of an extra device as in the case of AppleTV.
I would like this feature... in true, I had hope that the HP could create a printer with the mix "Touchstone + TouchToPrint"... Oh, God...

Best Regards...
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 06/04/2013, 12:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Would be nice if LG reliazed the synergy effects of using webOS in both TV and other devices.

Touch to share between TV and tablet/phones would be cool.
Just tap the phone on the TV to pair them and be able to stream music and video without the need of an extra device as in the case of AppleTV.
The wheel doesn't have to be reinvented here to do these sorts of things now. There is NFC for tap-to-share, and Miracast for broadcasting of media to large screen. And those are open standards that would work with any device that supported them, without being locked into webOS, or Android, or whatevs.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.