webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Why doesn't the developers and programmers of webOS use kickstart
Why doesn't the developers and programmers of webOS use kickstart
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yickyaddy

Old 04/24/2013, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

I think the developers and programmers of webOS should start a Kickstarter to make the dream of webOS live on. Who more then the people that actually want this OS to live on fund it. I'm sure there would be thousands of people flooding Kickstarter to make this an reality. I maybe wrong but from the looks of things the love of webOS lives on. And after seeing the Windsornot omg I need webOS on new hardware I'm still rocking out with my Pre minus and touchpad. Here's hoping this starts something.
www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
yickyaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by MAMISHO likes this.
Old 04/24/2013, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

The people who made webOS hardware got fired from HP and hired at other companies...

The people who made webOS software defected to Google, Nokia, and other companies...

LG now owns webOS and the people from HP/Palm for T.V.'s?

So who is left to make the kickstarter project, webOS Ports? Phoenix International Communications? users?
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2013, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think that most of the developers would not do kickstarter because they can not promise anything. But other webOS interest groups would make sense.

Twitter: MatthewMers
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote