webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Open webOS on the Nexus 4
Open webOS on the Nexus 4

Old 02/16/2013, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Now that the nexus 4 is easily findable from Google again, I'm wondering if you can put open webOS on it. Since it can do Android (duh) and is confirmed by Canonical that it can run Ubuntu, I'm wondering if it can do that. If not, I'll get a Galaxy Nexus instead. Any news?
matthewmspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmspace View Post
Now that the nexus 4 is easily findable from Google again, I'm wondering if you can put open webOS on it. Since it can do Android (duh) and is confirmed by Canonical that it can run Ubuntu, I'm wondering if it can do that. If not, I'll get a Galaxy Nexus instead. Any news?
Unless Qualcomm (and they are one of the less open source friendly chips manufacturer) and Google open source all the drivers for the nexus 4, it doesnt seems doable.
The other solution would be Gram (or any entity responsibly for OWO) pick up and license the missing pieces from the owners. This way they can release flashable images as Canonical is doing.
Vity Traff is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0