Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #41  
    pm'd
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Thanks for the advice...

And if anyone wants to know the md5 sum = 962b1d5722c4a95544d0a3343d35d6e8
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #43  
    Per Herrie's post: Alpha 2 is significantly different than the current builds due to the current luna-next project.

Interested in your thoughts on Alpha 2.

- T
    What Herrie's post also means is that Alpha2 is legacy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    What Herrie's post also means is that Alpha2 is legacy...
    so what Herrie and Garfonso is saying there is a Alpha 3..or Beta 1; which is not yet so called available to the general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    so what Herrie and Garfonso is saying there is a Alpha 3..or Beta 1; which is not yet so called available to the general public.
    No Alpha 3 or Beta 1 unfortunately, but everything in it's current state is always available on GitHub by the Ports team!

Latest pre-built images can always be found in: Index of /webos-ports-staging/latest/images/

You can find some VirtualBox images in there as well to play with in case you don't have the Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) or Nexus 7 (Grouper)!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    I will say the Alpha 2 is pretty to look at. Design wise it is very pleasing.

I just toyed with it briefly and will give it more considered study soon.

Mobile Nations Devotee
  8.    #48  
    Ooooh, October 10 image...will have to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    No Alpha 3 or Beta 1 unfortunately, but everything in it's current state is always available on GitHub by the Ports team!

Latest pre-built images can always be found in: Index of /webos-ports-staging/latest/images/

You can find some VirtualBox images in there as well to play with in case you don't have the Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) or Nexus 7 (Grouper)!
    I will say the Alpha 2 is pretty to look at. Design wise it is very pleasing.

I just toyed with it briefly and will give it more considered study soon.
    Yes but no proper acceleration and many other bugs, hence the decision to develop UI from scratch in QT5. Recent images therefore still need polishing graphically and will not look as good as Alpha 2 probably.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  10.    #50  
    Herrie:
    That link no Ionger works, where can we always find latest images?

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

Just shorten it up to get to the root of the directory, Mudshark. /build.webos-ports.org/

Then, exploring from there: /build.webos-ports.org/webos-ports/images/maguro/

Mobile Nations Devotee
  12.    #52  
    I am more excited for this than ACL

Release 1 0 Alpha 3 - WebOS-Ports
    RumoredNow and Grabber5.0 like this.
    Awww snap! Awesome.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Yee Haw!!!

I'm more excited for this than Ubuntu Touch!!!

<edit> Oooooo supports Virtual Box installs too. Way cool. Hats off to the hardworking Ports Team.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I am more excited for this than ACL

Release 1 0 Alpha 3 - WebOS-Ports
    Very cool. I wonder how much more work supporting the 2013 Nexus 7 will be outside of the resolution difference. I couldn't bring myself to buy the 1st gen device once the new one was out.
  16.    #56  
    IIRC: That's what Herrie was talkng about re: emulator
    http://webos-ports.org/wiki/Emulator

Seems there is a 12OCT build, if I have time tonight, I will push that to my gnex.

Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Yee Haw!!!

I'm more excited for this than Ubuntu Touch!!!

<edit> Oooooo supports Virtual Box installs too. Way cool. Hats off to the hardworking Ports Team.
  17.    #57  
    Pushed the 12Oct to the GNex and fired it up.

- The gesture area is there, but does not seem to affect the cards in any way yet.
    - Launcher works, one can see settings, contacts, preware2 among some of the pre-installed apps.
    - Had three cards open, could cycle through them, dismiss them upwards off screen.
    - Opening 4 cards crashed all the cards and in general, app opening can be extremely slow.

Hopefully a new build arrives soon
  18.    #58  
    Starting a new thread on thoughts on latest open webOS (ports) builds.
    It's always good to see that the ports are making steady progress. Will eventually put it on my GNex when the beta version comes out. Keep up the good work!
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123