webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Ares in the new Enyo framework
Ares in the new Enyo framework
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Vity Traff

Old 02/09/2013, 05:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi All,

first apologies if not in correct sub forum, and secondly I'm a total newbie when it comes to application development.

I have a question I used Ares a while back to create a simple sound board application for my Pre2 and it was relatively simple to get started. Everything was in the browser, is the old Ares still available?

Now with Enyo I have to download from github, run nodejs and I still don't have the nice Ares GUI that I used before and still no idea whats going on

Is there an easy getting started guide that doesn't require parsing though oodles of read me's? I'm using Windows 8 x64. fyi

Thanks,

Barry
barryb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2013, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

The Ares portal seems to be still live
https://ares.palm.com/Ares/login.html but it's pretty old now and I wouldnt personnaly recommend to use it.

Here is a guide to install Ares 2, it's very easy if you follow it step by step
https://github.com/enyojs/ares-proje...ster/README.md.
To get the visual builder you need to create a new project, choose bootplate 2.1.1 and then modify it.
Usefull infos in this thread:
How do I get ares 2.0 up and running?
and a demo video:
Ares & Enyo Demo - YouTube
Vity Traff is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by barryb20 and MartinH@webos like this.
Thanked By: barryb20
Old 02/09/2013, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Vity much appreciated, will keep me of Natural Selection 2 for a while lol

Just to add I was using the graphical Github tool and i had to do the following in Github command line otherwise i received errors about phonebuilder

$ cd ares-project
$ git submodule init
$ git submodule update

Barry

Last edited by barryb20; 02/09/2013 at 10:55 AM.
barryb20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0