webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Release: Isis Web
Release: Isis Web
Like Tree142Likes

Old 04/01/2013, 02:38 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
Indeed, download link is on the first page

I'm planning to release it in the App Catalog with the next release.
I hope that it would be released for WebOS phones too in the App Catalog....
Old 04/01/2013, 02:54 PM   #162 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@McGuire: The patch works fine here. Can you try it without WOQI? So directly on your Touchpad via Preware?

@RumoredNow: That will probably not happen. The first App Catalog release will be for the Touchpad only unless someone is willing to help on resizing the UI for the phone.

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2013, 05:40 AM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
@McGuire: The patch works fine here. Can you try it without WOQI? So directly on your Touchpad via Preware?

@RumoredNow: That will probably not happen. The first App Catalog release will be for the Touchpad only unless someone is willing to help on resizing the UI for the phone.
Resizing isn't that big a deal (i think). Just apply the <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height, width=device-width'> thingy and most of it works. Only thing i noticed, was the settings section being a tad wider than the screen. And maybe some cosmetic stuff.
fabianlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2013, 11:58 AM   #164 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hmm, I'm gonna try that ASAP. Thanks for the tip!

Old 04/02/2013, 01:29 PM   #165 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
Resizing isn't that big a deal (i think). Just apply the <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height, width=device-width'> thingy and most of it works. Only thing i noticed, was the settings section being a tad wider than the screen. And maybe some cosmetic stuff.
It does seem to work but the database permissions are broken on the Pre 3 even though the scripts did apply the right permissions (I used GMMan's build for 1.4.0 from the OP which works just fine on the Touchpad) so it seems like more work needs to be done...

Last edited by Vistaus; 04/02/2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04/04/2013, 04:30 PM   #166 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I've submitted Isis Web 2.0.0 to the HP App Catalogue. I wanted to get it in as quickly as possible and couldn't get the Pre 3 issues fixed so I've decided to postpone Pre 3 support to 2.1.0, the next release of Isis Web. Sorry guys But I'm definetly on it and if you guys could help then 2.1.0 will support the Pre 3 within a few weeks!

But for now: let's hope HP approves it quickly for the Touchpad!
Btw: of course I've submitted it for free and don't worry international users: I've submitted it for every country possible

Last edited by Vistaus; 04/04/2013 at 04:39 PM.
Liked by C_McGuire likes this.
Old 04/04/2013, 05:35 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
But for now: let's hope HP approves it quickly for the Touchpad!
Btw: of course I've submitted it for free and don't worry international users: I've submitted it for every country possible
Thank you so much!!!

Martin /Denmark :-)
martinjochimsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 04/04/2013, 11:19 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
I've submitted Isis Web 2.0.0 to the HP App Catalogue. I wanted to get it in as quickly as possible and couldn't get the Pre 3 issues fixed so I've decided to postpone Pre 3 support to 2.1.0, the next release of Isis Web. Sorry guys But I'm definetly on it and if you guys could help then 2.1.0 will support the Pre 3 within a few weeks!
I hope you fix those issues that you faced when trying to re-size the app for the WebOS Phones, so really want this browser on my phone. The WebOS phone browser is so awful , it barely loads a given web-site but with this updated Isis Web app will certainly boast web-browsing on my Pre. It's so great you pushing forward with your Isis Web App on WebOS Vistaus

Please, also bring support for Pre 2 devices as well....Thanks
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 04/05/2013, 12:33 AM   #169 (permalink)

I recently installed Isis. Thanks Vistaus for all of your hard and dedicated work . Much appreciated. There is a specific site that at one point worked on the standard browser, and for some reason has now stopped. It will load fine but when you choose any link, it won't open correctly on the page. Well I was hoping that it would work fine on Isis, but unfortunately I'm getting the same results. Maybe someone can visit it and take a look. Hopefully there's a solution to the problem. The site is Bleacher Report | Entertaining sports news, photos and slideshows

Thanks in advance!
qbenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2013, 03:44 AM   #170 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@PalmPixi: Well, it should scale to the Pre 2 as well but I think it will be a bit small. But I'll see what I can do (I don't have a Pre 2 though; only a Pre 3 but I could let you test it out after I make changes ).

Thanks for the compliments

@qbenguy: Will test it out later but I can't make it compatible; this is just a GUI on top of the WebKit core.

Old 04/06/2013, 05:37 AM   #171 (permalink)

Could you update the Preware version as well?
Unless you did already and it simply doesn't show up yet.
Aside from that: Thank you for your work and dedication to an officially dead OS.
Old 04/06/2013, 05:57 AM   #172 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@fabian: What Preware version? I never submitted it to Preware.

Thanks for the compliment though

Old 04/06/2013, 09:32 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
@PalmPixi: Well, it should scale to the Pre 2 as well but I think it will be a bit small. But I'll see what I can do (I don't have a Pre 2 though; only a Pre 3 but I could let you test it out after I make changes ).

Thanks for the compliments
No problem, you Welcome 'Vistaus' ..Wish there was more developers on WebOS that are dedicating some of their time to WebOS instead of leaving the platform.

And about making the 'Isis Web App' compatible with Pre 2 devices, count me in....I don't mind being the guinea pig for that project....
Old 04/08/2013, 01:41 PM   #174 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

DB is still broken so it's still not possible to open up websites but I'm working on that together with GMMan. In the meantime, I did scale things manually to make it fit better on the smaller screen (this is taken on my Pre 3):

Oh yeah, and thanks to webOS Nation I also included Enyo Sym key support

Liked by C_McGuire likes this.
Thanked By: C_McGuire
Old 04/08/2013, 03:00 PM   #175 (permalink)

I still think the bar should be reworked. The nav bar would be floating when necessary, and the address bar would be full width. See if you can implement it the way various Google apps have it implemented.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Choorp likes this.
Old 04/08/2013, 03:39 PM   #176 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@GMMan: Then you basically have the stock browser rewritten in Mojo, that's not what I'm aiming at. I'm aiming at a unobtrusive and consistent experience between the TP and Pre 2/3 while giving the Pre 2/3 a modern browser.

Old 04/08/2013, 08:50 PM   #177 (permalink)

A consistent experience makes sense if and only if it's also an usable experience.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2013, 04:06 AM   #178 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@Choorp: I'm not targeting the Veer, I'm only targeting the Pre 2 and 3. And like I said: the address bar hides when scrolling. But no one seems to have read that...

Old 04/09/2013, 05:12 AM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
@fabian: What Preware version? I never submitted it to Preware.

Thanks for the compliment though
oops. Sorry i did confuse the manual download with the preware version. Nevertheless: submitting your application to preware might broaden your userbase. You may even get some more feedback/input.
Old 04/09/2013, 05:44 AM   #180 (permalink)

When you say a modern browser what improvements should we expect on a phone that would make it better than what we have now. For example will it eliminate the problem when all browser cards go blank? The bar at the bottom that wont go away so we can see the rest of the page.

As for the layout I would love to see layout just be a copy of universe browser with folders, being able to choose where the controls go, etc. There is also an option to hide icons after page load and bringing it back just by tapping the screen.

One biggie for me is I want a way to jump to top and bottom of page incorporated. Seems like its pretty easy to do since the unofficial webos nation news app does this very well.

One last suggestion, I think blackberry got it right, why does the address bar have t be at the top when bottom would be easier? Put it at the bottom and make it disappear on page load and easily called up when needed like in universe. Actually a collaboration with yourself and dkirker would be very productive if possible.

My two cents, thanks for the effort.
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0