webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Release: Isis Web
Release: Isis Web
Like Tree142Likes

Old 03/03/2013, 11:52 PM   #141 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
The new Spotify web player uses HTML5 so it can't be that they ask you to have the newest Flash player. It could be not working due the fact that HTML5 doesn't have a high score on stock browser/Isis Web.
Correction: It would be Isis not having enough HTML5 support, not the other way around. And since "Isis Web" isn't the actual next-gen "Isis Browser" that was being worked on for Open webOS, it's the same thing as the stock 3.0.5 browser...which has atrocious HTML5 support compared to modern browsers, ironically.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2013, 04:40 AM   #142 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
Correction: It would be Isis not having enough HTML5 support, not the other way around. And since "Isis Web" isn't the actual next-gen "Isis Browser" that was being worked on for Open webOS, it's the same thing as the stock 3.0.5 browser...which has atrocious HTML5 support compared to modern browsers, ironically.
Yes, that's what I said: it doesn't score high enough because it doesn't have enough HTML5 support.
And I also said "ISIS WEB/STOCK WEB BROWSER" to indicate once again what it's built on.

Do you have nothing better to do than constantly aiming your arrows at me? You already did that enough in this thread and now you do it again...
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman and RumoredNow like this.
Old 03/23/2013, 03:53 PM   #143 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Released 1.4.0!

See the first post for the download link and changelog!
Thanked By: figgel
Old 03/25/2013, 11:28 AM   #144 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Btw: for those who didn't know: Isis Web runs fine in the emulator too including the sharing functionality (even to Sparrow and FB Tablet if you installed those in the emulator).

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Old 03/25/2013, 02:24 PM   #145 (permalink)

Thanks for your great work. Use this browser every day!
figgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 03/25/2013, 06:37 PM   #146 (permalink)

Nice! But one recommendation... DON'T call it Isis if you release it in the HP App Catalog. You're begging for confusion... If you want to be cute, call it Osiris.

Also... I had started to create the Isis CE page on the webOS-Ports.org wiki... But, you guessed it! My paying job sucked me in. (They make me beg for my money!!!) Anyway. The wiki page will be here: http://webos-ports.org/wiki/IsisCE If you remind me this evening, I will throw up some more stuff in it.

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
dkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/2013, 11:07 PM   #147 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Nice! But one recommendation... DON'T call it Isis if you release it in the HP App Catalog. You're begging for confusion... If you want to be cute, call it Osiris.

Also... I had started to create the Isis CE page on the webOS-Ports.org wiki... But, you guessed it! My paying job sucked me in. (They make me beg for my money!!!) Anyway. The wiki page will be here: http://webos-ports.org/wiki/IsisCE If you remind me this evening, I will throw up some more stuff in it.
Gentle reminder :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Last edited by Herrie; 03/26/2013 at 03:19 AM.
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/2013, 11:11 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
Released 1.4.0!

See the first post for the download link and changelog!
Any (Isis web Browser App) plans for supporting WebOS Phones running on v2.0 ?
Old 03/26/2013, 12:35 AM   #149 (permalink)

I'd think the UI needs to be redone if so. A few of the buttons will have to be tucked away.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2013, 12:42 AM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I'd think the UI needs to be redone if so. A few of the buttons will have to be tucked away.
Sounds like it's doable GMMan, will totally like to have that Isis app installed on my phone.
Old 03/26/2013, 05:17 AM   #151 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'd love to port it over to the phones but I'm still learning Enyo so I'm not really sure how to do that. But it would be doable eventually. Maybe someone could help me port it over to the phones? It's open source so anyone can contribute to the Git repo mentioned in the OP

Old 03/26/2013, 05:20 AM   #152 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
And not only that. The sharing feature needs to be redone as well because:

-Facebook button must call the phone version on phones instead of the tablet version
-Sparrow needs to be removed because there is no Sparrow for phones *yet*
-Maybe a few sharing options from the Super Sharing Mega Patch can be ported over

[hr]

Also, to everyone reading this: I'm also planning to add Neato! support to Isis Web so you can quickly share URLs to Neato! via the Share button

Old 03/27/2013, 10:58 AM   #153 (permalink)

Are there any plans to release the browser for the Pre3?
Right now it launches, half of the menu works, preferences don't save after having closed the last card, you have to apply the sreen thingy (<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height, width=device-width'>) and it doesn't load any page. Bookmarks are the same as the stock browser.

I know there is someone (dkirke?) working on an official release of Isis, but this version right now feels pretty good.
fabianlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2013, 01:36 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
Are there any plans to release the browser for the Pre3?
Right now it launches, half of the menu works, preferences don't save after having closed the last card, you have to apply the sreen thingy (<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height, width=device-width'>) and it doesn't load any page. Bookmarks are the same as the stock browser.

I know there is someone (dkirke?) working on an official release of Isis, but this version right now feels pretty good.
ISIS getting the Pre 3 is needed to modify plugins and lower level code in c + + even think there is much work to ISIS this on mobile phones
MAMISHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2013, 02:24 PM   #155 (permalink)

Few comments.

Slowly bringing up something using the QtWebKit underpinnings. I have started a wiki page on the webos-ports.org wiki. Right now it is bare... The 1st goal is to get this running on the TouchPad. Should work, just needs some work.

The second goal would be the Pre3. This is NOT a promise (neither is the TouchPad, but the TouchPad is the first priority). The only reason I am interested in the Pre3 is because I use one as my daily driver.

The Isis Enyo UI will work on the Pre3 regardless of the underlying WebKit, with modification. But, at the moment, I have no interest in focusing on this. Essentially, this would be step 3 for me.

Right now my priority has been to fix a couple of things for the open webOS WebKit. But I still have these on my radar.

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
dkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by hagster, barryb20, geekpeter and 2 others like this.
Old 03/28/2013, 01:53 AM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post

Speaking of which ... where do I get that browser? Can't find it in AppCat or Preware...
Permaybehaps I'm blind ...
Old 03/28/2013, 03:10 AM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Speaking of which ... where do I get that browser? Can't find it in AppCat or Preware...
Permaybehaps I'm blind ...
download link is on the first page ;-)

from my TouchPad using Communities
barryb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2013, 06:36 AM   #158 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Indeed, download link is on the first page

I'm planning to release it in the App Catalog with the next release.

Old 03/28/2013, 08:22 AM   #159 (permalink)

okeydokey ... me blind

ps: I think I wait for the AppCat release. Downloading it from AppCat shows HP that there are still people interested in WebOS out there ...
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 04/01/2013, 12:48 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
okeydokey ... me blind

ps: I think I wait for the AppCat release. Downloading it from AppCat shows HP that there are still people interested in WebOS out there ...
You can always download it now and then remove and reinstall from the catalog when it gets there.

By the way, i can't seem to install the 'make-isis-web-default.patch' as i get an error when installing from webOSQI stating "Unable to connect to WebOS-Internals' servers. Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch."

EDIT: forget about the error, forgot I wasn't using the latest webOSQI. Unfortunately the patch "installs" without error, but doesn't appear to actually make it onto the device...

RETIRED:
16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.

Last edited by C_McGuire; 04/01/2013 at 01:25 PM.
C_McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0