webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Release: Isis Web
Release: Isis Web
Like Tree142Likes

Old 01/13/2013, 04:14 AM   #121 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@GMMan: Well, it worked fine here but alright, thanks for fixing it for others.

@Palm_Pixi: Offline browsing/password manager: maybe. Tabs: no. I'm not gonna duplicate work from Advanced Browser.

@h3: I didn't update the version in the appinfo yet. Thanks for noticing.

Last edited by Vistaus; 01/13/2013 at 04:25 AM.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 06:14 AM   #122 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

UPDATE

Sparrow sharing now works. Grab the new IPK while it's hot!

----------------

Btw: what do you guys think? Shall I let the thread here or shall I move it to the webOS Development section?
Old 01/14/2013, 03:55 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
@Palm_Pixi: Offline browsing/password manager: maybe. Tabs: no. I'm not gonna duplicate work from Advanced Browser.
Thanks, you should really consider adding those improtant features to the Isis Web app....specially offline browsing(which is good for those times without internet), a private browsing would be good for that browser, password manager as well. I was also thinking of "Reader View" allowing to read articles without ads like Safari for iOS.

And about the "Tabs" really don't understand why you won't implement such a feature for that Isis Web browser, considering that those developers had abandoned the platform and having more of choices to browse on the TouchPad is not bad. You could implement Tabs like on the iPad browser for "Puffin or Yahoo Axis" browser, that deals with tab like cards does for Palm WebOS. It has like a visual tab layout, and have the ability to flip through them or flick them out if you want to close them.
Old 01/14/2013, 04:31 PM   #124 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Well, Advanced Browser still gets support AFAIK. But I don't really see the benefit. Advanced Browser is quite slow with those tabs (and yes, I've used it for a long time) plus with LunaCE you can flick through your open browser cards much faster than switching tabs so unless you don't have LunaCE, I don't see how tabs improve it.

But I will look into offline support at least, then maybe private browsing after that and maybe Reader View, but I don't know yet how to implement that. Anyway, I'll go look into offline support first so that *may* be coming in the next few weeks
Thanked By: Firepower
Old 01/20/2013, 11:06 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
Guys, let's end this. The IPK is just the Enyo UI code for the webOS web browser. There is nothing special.

The only known compile of QTWebKit (what Isis uses) for webOS 3.0.5 (outside of what is going on in HP/webOS land, since I am not privy to that) so as far as I know is sitting on one of the build servers that I use. And, I can promise you, it crashes right when it tries to render a web page.

Not trying to steal any thunder or anything, I just don't want people to believe that they are installing Isis, when in fact they are only installing a small component of Isis...
dkirker, appreciate your efforts. I know you've been working on ISIS for almost a year.

Do you still think it might be possible to get this on 3.05? I'm asking as the browser is less and less functional for sites I visit on a few times a day so this is becoming more pressing.

Thanks!
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 11:25 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
dkirker, appreciate your efforts. I know you've been working on ISIS for almost a year.

Do you still think it might be possible to get this on 3.05? I'm asking as the browser is less and less functional for sites I visit on a few times a day so this is becoming more pressing.

Thanks!
If this is urgent, try using Firefox on Ubuntu chroot... otherwise yeah, it's coming, however at this time the build crashes as soon as it starts rendering a page. Like you, i'm looking forward to having a modern browser run natively under webOS...
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 04:25 AM   #127 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

Thanks!
He is working on it; just look at the Git page of OpenWebOS to see his codebase and that he constantly updates it

@Remy X: Or even better: Install Opera Mobile Emulator on Ubuntu chroot. It's a really lightweight emulator of the Android version of Opera Mobile and runs beautifully under Ubuntu chroot. That way you have modern browser with a touch-optimized interface that renders all websites just fine
Old 01/21/2013, 06:15 AM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
He is working on it; just look at the Git page of OpenWebOS to see his codebase and that he constantly updates it

@Remy X: Or even better: Install Opera Mobile Emulator on Ubuntu chroot. It's a really lightweight emulator of the Android version of Opera Mobile and runs beautifully under Ubuntu chroot. That way you have modern browser with a touch-optimized interface that renders all websites just fine
think the native ubuntu and dev/emulator are x86 and ppc only, no arm packages?
Old 01/21/2013, 01:50 PM   #129 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

No, there is an ARM emulator of Opera Mobile Emulator.
Old 01/21/2013, 01:56 PM   #130 (permalink)

Need Isis browser for pre3, please!
truongtuananhhau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 02:28 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
im only seeing mac/pc(x86) and linux(x86,i386,ppc) on all downloads or dev tools on their site, is there a repository or direct link, im having a case of cant see for looking atm.
Old 01/21/2013, 02:30 PM   #132 (permalink)

Try browsing their downloads server: Index of /pub/opera

(I see a Meego ARMv7 package. A problem with trying to get packages not expressly compiled for webOS is dependency conflicts. You have to compile against the exact version of the system libraries for it to even start.)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: geekpeter
Old 01/21/2013, 04:36 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Try browsing their downloads server: Index of /pub/opera

(I see a Meego ARMv7 package. A problem with trying to get packages not expressly compiled for webOS is dependency conflicts. You have to compile against the exact version of the system libraries for it to even start.)
yer only see non arm packages in the proper linux folder.
Old 03/01/2013, 05:03 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Any chance of tweaking the stock browser into fooling websites to show it has the latest version of Flash Player?
allen832008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2013, 08:28 AM   #135 (permalink)

No, you have to change the version string in the Flash player libs.
HTC One (T-Mobile)
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
gamer765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2013, 09:37 AM   #136 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen832008 View Post
Any chance of tweaking the stock browser into fooling websites to show it has the latest version of Flash Player?
What version of Flash does the TP currently have? What websites you have problems with? I can have a look to see if I can binary patch it...
Herrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2013, 05:49 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
What version of Flash does the TP currently have? What websites you have problems with? I can have a look to see if I can binary patch it...
I thought it was at 10.3 while Android and Playbook have 11.1.
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/02/2013, 02:17 PM   #138 (permalink)

Herrie: Having trouble with siriusxm site. Says I need to update flash. Also, the new spotify web player.
allen832008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/03/2013, 06:51 AM   #139 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Herrie: Having trouble with siriusxm site. Says I need to update flash. Also, the new spotify web player.
The new Spotify web player uses HTML5 so it can't be that they ask you to have the newest Flash player. It could be not working due the fact that HTML5 doesn't have a high score on stock browser/Isis Web.
Old 03/03/2013, 08:34 AM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
The new Spotify web player uses HTML5 so it can't be that they ask you to have the newest Flash player. It could be not working due the fact that HTML5 doesn't have a high score on stock browser/Isis Web.
maybe the chrome or firefox patches would work if not installed already? ive been on some sites that moaned about html5 and all they seemed to do was check what browser i had and nothing else.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0