Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
Like Tree147Likes
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    No - it is just a tweaked UI and uses the same rendering engine ( browserserver ). Any speed difference is happenstance.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    True, but I did do a few tweaks to the core. So it's a tiny bit faster but only as much as possible without altering browserserver.
    Please don't spread misinformation about my app.

Anyway, I've been a bit to quiet, especially because I was bummed by the fact that the Enyo 2 rewrite was doomed. But I hope to start development again in the next few days, at least on the current Enyo 1 version. A few things like Macaw sharing, for example, are waiting to be implemented! Isis Web is not dead yet!
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
    Mmmh, dammit.
    Thank you for your answer.
    See my previous post. But I'm sorry I cannot make it any faster than a few core tweaks as I can't alter BrowserServer. And it wouldn't make much sense to tweak BrowserServer because the only thing that's going to speed up Isis and the stock browser is a new WebKit, which dkirker is working on.
  3.    #343  
    3.5.0 is here!

Edit: scratch 3.2.0, here's 3.5.0 for ya!
    Changelog, 3.2.0 *and* 3.5.0:
    -Added sharing to Project Macaw via the Share menu
    -Added sharing to Quick Post via the Share menu (it even automatically posts due to Quick Posts settings!)
    -The Macaw icon is now darker in the Share menu and Macaw is now named Project Macaw (change from 3.2.0 to 3.5.0)

The download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/efwnkz5yji..._3.5.0_all.ipk
    Last edited by Vistaus; 12/01/2013 at 04:30 PM.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    3.5.0 is here!

Edit: scratch 3.2.0, here's 3.5.0 for ya!
    Changelog, 3.2.0 *and* 3.5.0:
    -Added sharing to Project Macaw via the Share menu
    -Added sharing to Quick Post via the Share menu (it even automatically posts due to Quick Posts settings!)
    -The Macaw icon is now darker in the Share menu and Macaw is now named Project Macaw (change from 3.2.0 to 3.5.0)

The download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/efwnkz5yji..._3.5.0_all.ipk
    Thank you! I wasn't able to get version 3.5.0 to install via Preware update either but I ended up downloading the 3.5.0 IPK to my Dropbox account and then downloading the IPK to my Touchpad and installing it via Preware. Works great, thanks!
    Last edited by MrDroid; 12/12/2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: typos
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I followed this on my Touchpad Just Type Opensearch for every Website and it works great! Google suggestions right in just type. I turned off the default Google search that is built into webOS. However, I found that Isis does not see the google search I added. It defaults to the next search engine. Is this a bug? Should I just add the old Google search back and deal with two Google's on just type? Imagine my surprise when searching in Isis yielded Wikipedia results until I figured out why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I dunno if that's s bug. I only use Opensearch to make Just Type default to DuckDuckGo and that works great. I'll look into your issue later on.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I wonder if you've had a chance to take a look at this? I reset my touchpad and forgot all about it. Then I readded the search to have suggestions and disabled the default Google search embedded in webOS. Opened Isis and did a search...which took me to wikipedia. That's when I remembered this! For the time being I reenabled the old Google search (it's just annoying to my OCD to have two Google searches in Just Type).
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  6.    #346  
    I have looked into the issue but the stock browser suffers from the same and it seems like it's something I can't fix.
  7.    #347  
    I had a hard time thinking about the future of Isis Web but I've finally decided to discontinue it for now. It's clear that most of webOS Nation is hyping over webOS TV and I can't share that feeling: webOS TV is *not* the webOS I came to know and love.

So for now Isis is discontinued. Of course, the source will remain on my GitHub so feel free to compile it, fork it, whatever you wanna do with it as far as the license permits it. And the download links to the latest stable version (and in Preware) will also stay up; I won't take them down.

Thank you all for the wonderful time I had before webOS TV kicked in. I couldn't have made Isis Web without your help and dedication and maybe we'll see each other again in the future, when our familiar webOS returns.
    Sad to hear it, really
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thanks for a great app!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vistaus likes this.
  10.    #350  
    It's been a few years and Isis Web is still discontinued since our good ol' webOS still hasn't returned, but I wanted to let you know that I've decided to delete my Dropbox account. Therefore, the Dropbox link to the IPK will no longer work as of writing this post. However, as I still remain fond of webOS and of you guys, I moved the IPK file to my GitHub so don't worry: you can still download it! (although I doubt anyone is still using it, but if you do: the IPK is safe and will be for a long time to come!) I updated the link in the OP.

Hope everyone is doing well I'm over on CrackBerry these days.
    wew (about the ipk still being safe). I'm surely one that has it still installed
    Vistaus likes this.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718