webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Release: Isis Web
Release: Isis Web
Like Tree142Likes

Old 11/30/2013, 11:01 AM   #341 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
No - it is just a tweaked UI and uses the same rendering engine ( browserserver ). Any speed difference is happenstance.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
True, but I did do a few tweaks to the core. So it's a tiny bit faster but only as much as possible without altering browserserver.
Please don't spread misinformation about my app.

Anyway, I've been a bit to quiet, especially because I was bummed by the fact that the Enyo 2 rewrite was doomed. But I hope to start development again in the next few days, at least on the current Enyo 1 version. A few things like Macaw sharing, for example, are waiting to be implemented! Isis Web is not dead yet!

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2013, 11:03 AM   #342 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
Mmmh, dammit.
Thank you for your answer.
See my previous post. But I'm sorry I cannot make it any faster than a few core tweaks as I can't alter BrowserServer. And it wouldn't make much sense to tweak BrowserServer because the only thing that's going to speed up Isis and the stock browser is a new WebKit, which dkirker is working on.

Old 11/30/2013, 12:41 PM   #343 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

3.5.0 is here!

Edit: scratch 3.2.0, here's 3.5.0 for ya!
Changelog, 3.2.0 *and* 3.5.0:
-Added sharing to Project Macaw via the Share menu
-Added sharing to Quick Post via the Share menu (it even automatically posts due to Quick Posts settings!)
-The Macaw icon is now darker in the Share menu and Macaw is now named Project Macaw (change from 3.2.0 to 3.5.0)

The download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/efwnkz5yji..._3.5.0_all.ipk

Last edited by Vistaus; 12/01/2013 at 03:30 PM.
Liked by MAMISHO likes this.
Old 12/12/2013, 01:14 PM   #344 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
3.5.0 is here!

Edit: scratch 3.2.0, here's 3.5.0 for ya!
Changelog, 3.2.0 *and* 3.5.0:
-Added sharing to Project Macaw via the Share menu
-Added sharing to Quick Post via the Share menu (it even automatically posts due to Quick Posts settings!)
-The Macaw icon is now darker in the Share menu and Macaw is now named Project Macaw (change from 3.2.0 to 3.5.0)

The download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/efwnkz5yji..._3.5.0_all.ipk
Thank you! I wasn't able to get version 3.5.0 to install via Preware update either but I ended up downloading the 3.5.0 IPK to my Dropbox account and then downloading the IPK to my Touchpad and installing it via Preware. Works great, thanks!

Last edited by MrDroid; 12/12/2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: typos
MrDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 01/04/2014, 08:37 PM   #345 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
I followed this on my Touchpad Just Type Opensearch for every Website and it works great! Google suggestions right in just type. I turned off the default Google search that is built into webOS. However, I found that Isis does not see the google search I added. It defaults to the next search engine. Is this a bug? Should I just add the old Google search back and deal with two Google's on just type? Imagine my surprise when searching in Isis yielded Wikipedia results until I figured out why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
I dunno if that's s bug. I only use Opensearch to make Just Type default to DuckDuckGo and that works great. I'll look into your issue later on.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
I wonder if you've had a chance to take a look at this? I reset my touchpad and forgot all about it. Then I readded the search to have suggestions and disabled the default Google search embedded in webOS. Opened Isis and did a search...which took me to wikipedia. That's when I remembered this! For the time being I reenabled the old Google search (it's just annoying to my OCD to have two Google searches in Just Type).
Old 01/05/2014, 06:50 AM   #346 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I have looked into the issue but the stock browser suffers from the same and it seems like it's something I can't fix.

Old 03/01/2014, 03:58 PM   #347 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I had a hard time thinking about the future of Isis Web but I've finally decided to discontinue it for now. It's clear that most of webOS Nation is hyping over webOS TV and I can't share that feeling: webOS TV is *not* the webOS I came to know and love.

So for now Isis is discontinued. Of course, the source will remain on my GitHub so feel free to compile it, fork it, whatever you wanna do with it as far as the license permits it. And the download links to the latest stable version (and in Preware) will also stay up; I won't take them down.

Thank you all for the wonderful time I had before webOS TV kicked in. I couldn't have made Isis Web without your help and dedication and maybe we'll see each other again in the future, when our familiar webOS returns.

Thanked by cbosdell, Preemptive, toaste
Old 03/01/2014, 08:52 PM   #348 (permalink)

Sad to hear it, really
mazzinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2014, 08:58 PM   #349 (permalink)

Thanks for a great app!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
edwineel is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0