webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Release: Isis Web
Release: Isis Web
Like Tree142Likes

Old 06/30/2013, 04:53 PM   #301 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
PalmPixi_User is right: I called it quits. Reimplementing functions is not something I can achieve yet so a Pre 2/3 port is not gonna happen, unfortanetly. Unless someone who can help me out with getting WebView working on the Pre 2/3 is gonna step up, of course, then I'll be happy to support and extend the port once it works
Its kind of sad to be hearing that such a great developer to call it quits(I don't blame you), cause we all know that you tried de-bugging the application to make it workable on WebOS 2x. I was certainly hopeful that some day we could see Isis Web App on my pre phone that could at least let me browse the web with modern web standard components that the much older ones from the browser in WebOS 2x.
Old 08/26/2013, 04:05 PM   #302 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Version 3.0.0 is out for the Touchpad. You can update via the usual Preware way.

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by cbosdell likes this.
Thanked By: cbosdell
Old 08/26/2013, 04:28 PM   #303 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Great, what's new?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 08/26/2013, 04:45 PM   #304 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Its kind of sad to be hearing that such a great developer to call it quits(I don't blame you), cause we all know that you tried de-bugging the application to make it workable on WebOS 2x. I was certainly hopeful that some day we could see Isis Web App on my pre phone that could at least let me browse the web with modern web standard components that the much older ones from the browser in WebOS 2x.

Modern, standards-compliant components? In case you forgot, it's dkirker who's working on that. Vistaus is working on the UI, adding various features independent of the rendering engine...
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2013, 05:49 PM   #305 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post

Modern, standards-compliant components? In case you forgot, it's dkirker who's working on that. Vistaus is working on the UI, adding various features independent of the rendering engine...
He meant modern components in comparison to the dated webOS 2.x browser. You can say whatever the hell you want but Isis Web is more modern (Enyo) than the old webOS 2.x browser (Mojo) and some websites load better in it (direct comparison 2.x Pre 3 vs Isis Web 3.x).

Btw, I did add a few things to the rendering engine... Just FYI. And by that I mean WebView (which renders it actually in the browser).

Last edited by Vistaus; 08/26/2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08/26/2013, 05:50 PM   #306 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
Great, what's new?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
See the OP

Old 08/26/2013, 06:41 PM   #307 (permalink)

Quote:
Version 3.0.0 is out for the Touchpad. You can update via the usual Preware way.
I can only find Isis 2.5.0 in Preware.
Is it a beta or alpha version?

Martin
martinjochimsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2013, 06:50 PM   #308 (permalink)

Quote:
He meant modern components in comparison to the dated webOS 2.x browser. You can say whatever the hell you want but Isis Web is more modern (Enyo) than the old webOS 2.x browser (Mojo) and some websites load better in it (direct comparison 2.x Pre 3 vs Isis Web 3.x).

Btw, I did add a few things to the rendering engine... Just FYI. And by that I mean WebView (which renders it actually in the browser).
Look, I'm not attacking you. I'm just saying that dkirker is an actual WebKit engineer, working on the actual rendering engine, the WebKit core, which is compiled code. No matter what you do, your browser will still lack proper support for things like typed arrays, proper HTML 5 audio support and drop shadows in canvas elements. Just sayin'

It's not your fault. You're doing the best you can to improve the UI, but the browser core is still the same old thing that powers Luna
Old 08/27/2013, 04:40 AM   #309 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
I can only find Isis 2.5.0 in Preware.
Is it a beta or alpha version?

Martin
The update isn't approved yet. If it isn't approved tonight, I'll put up the IPK.

Old 08/27/2013, 06:03 AM   #310 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Look, I'm not attacking you. I'm just saying that dkirker is an actual WebKit engineer, working on the actual rendering engine, the WebKit core, which is compiled code. No matter what you do, your browser will still lack proper support for things like typed arrays, proper HTML 5 audio support and drop shadows in canvas elements. Just sayin'

It's not your fault. You're doing the best you can to improve the UI, but the browser core is still the same old thing that powers Luna
I know what you mean but I'll ask you kindly to shut up already. There have been various posts in this thread about it, I KNOW what I'm working on. If you don't like my work then just say so and stop referring dkirker into this. He does a great job but that's NOT what this thread is about. This thread is about MY app.

Thanks again for understanding.

(man, why did I even bother bumping my thead, every time I do I get crap like this throwed at me)

Thanked By: MikeN68
Old 08/27/2013, 07:51 AM   #311 (permalink)

Thanks for the Update. Itīs highly appreciated.
Lispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 08/27/2013, 12:15 PM   #312 (permalink)

@Vistaus,

Again, it's not your fault. It's the guy above (Pixi) who has the capacity to misinform other people about the state of the browser core.

It's "the deaf leading the blind", and rumors can get out of control if not kept in check. Sorry if you were hurt.
Old 08/27/2013, 01:14 PM   #313 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Seems like the Preware feed still isn't updated so I uploaded the IPK of 3.0.0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/riyn83ag8o..._3.0.0_all.ipk

Liked by Remy X likes this.
Thanked by Balooz, MrDroid
Old 08/27/2013, 02:45 PM   #314 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Aaaaand another new update: 3.1.0!

-Added support for opening XML files in the browser
-Fixed sharing to Sparrow and Facebook

Grab it while it's hot!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjtbys8d8v..._3.1.0_all.ipk

Last edited by Vistaus; 08/27/2013 at 06:28 PM.
Liked by C_McGuire, cbosdell and Remy X like this.
Old 08/27/2013, 06:43 PM   #315 (permalink)

Quote:
Aaaaand another new update: 3.1.0!

-Added support for opening XML files in the browser
-Fixed sharing to Sparrow and Facebook

Grab it while it's hot!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjtbys8d8v..._3.1.0_all.ipk
Thanks very much for your continued effort!

RETIRED:
16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
C_McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2013, 11:18 PM   #316 (permalink)

I know all the arguments for why it's not necessary, but still I must ask: Is there any chance you could add tabbed sessions to Isis, or is that technically just not possible?

For anyone ready to launch into the "you don't need tabbed sessions" polemic, save your breath--you'll never win me over.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preģ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preģ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
bethel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/2013, 04:13 AM   #317 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_McGuire View Post
Thanks very much for your continued effort!
No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
I know all the arguments for why it's not necessary, but still I must ask: Is there any chance you could add tabbed sessions to Isis, or is that technically just not possible?

For anyone ready to launch into the "you don't need tabbed sessions" polemic, save your breath--you'll never win me over.
Nope. Tabbed sessions in Enyo 1 apps are at best mediocre. Look at Advanced Browser and try to use its tabs for a while and you'll see what I mean. I'd have to rewrite Isis to Enyo 2 to get a better tab experience but the problem is that Isis (just like the stock browser which it's build on) uses a lot of flexboxes and flexes which make the port to Enyo 2 not all that easy. So even I do decide to port it to Enyo 2 one day, you'll not see tabs in Isis up until that point.

Old 08/29/2013, 02:59 PM   #318 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Seems like the Preware feed still isn't updated so I uploaded the IPK of 3.0.0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/riyn83ag8o..._3.0.0_all.ipk
Preware is still only showing 2.5.0. I grabbed the ipk. Thanks! So no tabs??? HAHAHA ok sorry I HAD to. Just kidding just kidding.
Alan Morford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2013, 05:01 PM   #319 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Lol.

And yeah, I don't get why Preware is still showing 2.5.0 I've submitted 3.0.0 just after release and 3.1.0 just after release. On my HB app page on webOS Nation I also see 3.1.0 as being the newest, yet Preware doesn't :/ I'm sorry, can't do anything about it other than manually spreading the IPK's here

Old 09/01/2013, 10:03 AM   #320 (permalink)

I'm sorry to ask because probably I'm not the first one, but is there any chance for Preģ owners to get a working version of this app?
WebOSLloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Jimbode likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0