Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 351
Like Tree146Likes
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    There's some apps in the App Catalog that make use of the mimeTypes attribute in their appinfo.json.
    Yup, I know of them. I was the first, but I was forced to remove it from mine. And then it took a few (three or so?) months after that for the scanner to be patched to block this. A few apps made it in. It was supposed to block apps trying to register certain MIME types (it may have been mimetypes/regex/schemes that didn't already exist), and required manual approval by the security screener. But, I don't know the process since Nov '11. It may not block anything at all! I'll be finding out soon...
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  2.    #222  
    @digitanary: I'm patiently waiting for webOS Internals to approve me for Homebrew access which gives me a developer forum. Btw, it does work on OWO.

    @dkirker: Thanks, I'm gonna implement that!

    Edit: I implemented it in appinfo.json but after installing on the emulator and opening a link there it still opens in Web instead of Isis Web :/
    Also, I tried the renaming of the namespaces and files and after replacing all that was needed db was broken after all.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 04/15/2013 at 02:23 PM.
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @digitanary: I'm patiently waiting for webOS Internals to approve me for Homebrew access which gives me a developer forum. Btw, it does work on OWO.
    If you're talking about PreCentral, afaikafaikafaik $WebOS$ $Internals$ $hasn$'$t$ $got$ $to$ $do$ $anything$ $with$ $that$.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook real-time Facebook chat
    Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
    FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    If you're talking about PreCentral, afaikafaikafaik $WebOS$ $Internals$ $hasn$'$t$ $got$ $to$ $do$ $anything$ $with$ $that$.
    Oops, sorry, I meant 'webOS Nation' instead of 'webOS Internals'.
  5. #225  
    been trying to get this and it I'd not available, keep getting "this is not a valid HP app". How can I get around this.
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @digitanary: I'm patiently waiting for webOS Internals to approve me for Homebrew access which gives me a developer forum. Btw, it does work on OWO.

    @dkirker: Thanks, I'm gonna implement that!

    Edit: I implemented it in appinfo.json but after installing on the emulator and opening a link there it still opens in Web instead of Isis Web :/
    Also, I tried the renaming of the namespaces and files and after replacing all that was needed db was broken after all.
    Did you go into the default apps card in the Device Info app and change it there?
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  7.    #227  
    @milkman: You need to install it via either Preware or webOS Quick Install.

    @dkirker: Ah, you got me! *That's* what I forgot. Will try that ASAP.

    Edit: now that is awesome! Even opens right away instead of that dirty patch that hooks into that normal card first lol.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 04/16/2013 at 05:01 AM.
  8.    #228  
    New version 2.5.0 out. See the OP and be sure to read the changelog to avoid any issues.
  9. #229  
    I removed the patch before attempting to install the update but it hangs on installing. I've tried rebooting my TouchPad a couple of times and also tried removing the old version of Isis Web and installing that way to no avail.

    It gets stuck on the "Downloading / Installing Transferred: 32455 / 32455" part. I've left it like that for over an hour with no luck. :/
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    I removed the patch before attempting to install the update but it hangs on installing. I've tried rebooting my TouchPad a couple of times and also tried removing the old version of Isis Web and installing that way to no avail.

    It gets stuck on the "Downloading / Installing Transferred: 32455 / 32455" part. I've left it like that for over an hour with no luck. :/
    Yup, I experienced that too. Just cancel it (throw away the card with Preware) and install it via webOS Quick Install or palm-install it from your computer's command line.
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Yup, I experienced that too. Just cancel it (throw away the card with Preware) and install it via webOS Quick Install or palm-install it from your computer's command line.
    I tried it that way and it just states "ERROR: Corrupt or Invalid Package". I tried redownloading it and got the same message. :/
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    I tried it that way and it just states "ERROR: Corrupt or Invalid Package". I tried redownloading it and got the same message. :/
    That's weird 'cause I did install it on 2 Touchpads here (one 16 GB version of my parents and one 32 GB version of my own) and in both cases I got it installed correctly via both Quick Install and palm-install. On the emulator it worked too via palm-install.

    Can anyone else confirm cbosdell's issue?
  13. #233  
    installed no issues here, tho i did uninstall old version first before applying the new one.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @milkman: You need to install it via either Preware or webOS Quick Install.

    @dkirker: Ah, you got me! *That's* what I forgot. Will try that ASAP.

    Edit: now that is awesome! Even opens right away instead of that dirty patch that hooks into that normal card first lol.
    thanks, finally got it to work via quick install. Great work.
    just a few requests, some websites still say browser not supported
    were is the donate button.

    keep up the good work.

    long live webOS.
    Vistaus likes this.
  15.    #235  
    Happy to hear that you got it to work now

    As for your request: I cannot do anything about that as that is because of the user agent of the core from webOS. You can, however, install a user agent patch from Preware.
    And thanks, I put up a donate link now at the bottom of the first post.

    Long live webOS indeed!
    Last edited by Vistaus; 04/16/2013 at 06:33 PM.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Happy to hear that you got it to work now

    As for your request: I cannot do anything about that as that is because of the user agent of the core from webOS. You can, however, install a user agent patch from Preware.
    And thanks, I put up a donate link now at the bottom of the first post.

    Long live webOS indeed!
    Nice to see a new version of your app Isis Web(and your efforts to improve your application), let's hope to see more features like offline browsing,private browsing, web-search box too. It is so sad to read the news, that those inept fools of HP denied your app to be displayed on the HP catalog...they should had approved it without any delay.

    Cant wait for Isis Web App on my Pre 2 device ....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    cbosdell and Vistaus like this.
  17. #237  
    Thanks for this man its so awesome
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Vistaus likes this.
  18. figgel's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #238  
    Thanks again for your great work!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Vistaus likes this.
  19. #239  
    installed this yesterday and very impressed, great work @Vistaus

    My only complaint is that the website i use most, the bbc doesn't display properly. but overall pages do seem to load much quicker.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Vistaus likes this.
  20. #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    That's weird 'cause I did install it on 2 Touchpads here (one 16 GB version of my parents and one 32 GB version of my own) and in both cases I got it installed correctly via both Quick Install and palm-install. On the emulator it worked too via palm-install.

    Can anyone else confirm cbosdell's issue?
    I finally got it to install. I just tried it again and it worked. Not sure what the issue was earlier today. Thanks for a great update!
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Vistaus likes this.

Posting Permissions