webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Release: Isis Web
Release: Isis Web
Like Tree142Likes

Old 04/13/2013, 12:57 PM   #201 (permalink)

For the phone version, you'll probably want to change the app ID so it doesn't collide with the Touchpad version, unless the changes will be merged back into the main branch.

BTW, did you know you can do branching in Git? Instead of a new repository, having a new branch is much easier to keep track of.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2013, 03:51 PM   #202 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@GMMan: It will go back into the main branch at some point when I figure out how to merge these changes.
And yes, I know I can do branching but for *me* personally it's esaier to maintain this way then via a branch. And yes, I know I'm nuts.

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2013, 07:25 AM   #203 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

So after more than a week HP decided to reject Isis Web from the App Catalog without telling me why. Looks like you guys still have to get Isis Web from here for a bit longer.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Old 04/14/2013, 08:17 AM   #204 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
So after more than a week HP decided to reject Isis Web from the App Catalog without telling me why. Looks like you guys still have to get Isis Web from here for a bit longer.

You can always submit it to Preware :-)

Old 04/14/2013, 11:55 AM   #205 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
You can always submit it to Preware :-)

I know, but I've got my reason to get it into the HP App Catalog, namely because I want the App Catalog to have another new and shiny app that is still supported so it counts for those statistics and the outside world. I know one app can't make a difference but I figured I could at least contribute to the statistics that way.

Maybe I'll submit it to Preware later on. Now if you people will at least stop with this... already got quite some people over me saying I could submit it to Preware in the last days, I KNOW NOW.

Old 04/14/2013, 12:28 PM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
I know, but I've got my reason to get it into the HP App Catalog, namely because I want the App Catalog to have another new and shiny app that is still supported so it counts for those statistics and the outside world. I know one app can't make a difference but I figured I could at least contribute to the statistics that way.

Maybe I'll submit it to Preware later on. Now if you people will at least stop with this... already got quite some people over me saying I could submit it to Preware in the last days, I KNOW NOW.
For a minute there, I thought I was on XDA. #Snarkiness
Old 04/14/2013, 01:03 PM   #207 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
For a minute there, I thought I was on XDA. #Snarkiness
So I'm not allowed to contribute to the App Catalog, the one thing that people look at when making statistics of apps for webOS? Gee, thanks. I'm just trying to keep the App Catalog alive and I'm one of the few to do that (I mean, not many apps are new or updated in the App Catalog anymore).

Old 04/14/2013, 01:08 PM   #208 (permalink)

probably because its a variation of whats basically their own app. Probably will have to rely on preware.
Old 04/14/2013, 01:15 PM   #209 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
probably because its a variation of whats basically their own app. Probably will have to rely on preware.
In that case they should also remove Advanced Browser from their App Catalog because it's HP's code with a tab bar and speed dial.
But pcworldsoftware told me it was because of the two scripts. But still, HP could've told me that instead of changing the status to 'rejected' and keeping quiet about it.

Old 04/14/2013, 01:15 PM   #210 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
There's another browser in the App Catalog which is a fork of the webOS browser.

The real reason is probably that he has postinst/prerm scripts in his IPK, which HP won't allow.
Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
pcworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 04/14/2013, 01:38 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
So I'm not allowed to contribute to the App Catalog, the one thing that people look at when making statistics of apps for webOS? Gee, thanks. I'm just trying to keep the App Catalog alive and I'm one of the few to do that (I mean, not many apps are new or updated in the App Catalog anymore).
I didn't imply you weren't allowed to contribute to the App Catalog.
I did however, imply the borderline rudeness, snarkiness....that is oh so familiar at XDA.
Old 04/14/2013, 02:15 PM   #212 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
I didn't imply you weren't allowed to contribute to the App Catalog.
I did however, imply the borderline rudeness, snarkiness....that is oh so familiar at XDA.
I wasn't rude as far as I'm aware. If I were: I'm sorry.

Old 04/14/2013, 04:22 PM   #213 (permalink)

Have you tried to reach out Enda, about?

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
DMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2013, 04:31 PM   #214 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
McGrath works at LG now, they don't have anything to do with the App Catalog anymore. Preware also was never in the App Catalog, right?
e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
Old 04/14/2013, 05:22 PM   #215 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
Nope, but it isn't need anymore. Thanks to pcworldsoftware I know what the problem is and partially know how to solve it, haha

Old 04/14/2013, 06:00 PM   #216 (permalink)

Good to know!

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
DMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2013, 08:11 PM   #217 (permalink)

Recommendations:
  • If you replace the namespace of the bookmarks, preferences, and history, you won't need the install scripts. Then, you could write a small Preware distributed app to import the user's settings from the default browser to yours.
  • Use this code in your appinfo.json instead of a patch for making your app the default browser:
    Quote:
    "mimeTypes": [
    { "urlPattern": "^https?:" },
    { "mime": "text/html", "extension": "html" },
    { "mime": "text/html", "extension": "htm" }
    ],

Regarding the appinfo stuff, there is a chance that it will be rejected by the HP App Catalog. You might be able to get them to approve it. I don't know what the process is anymore. But if it is rejected, email [email protected].

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
dkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 04/14/2013, 11:07 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
But still, HP could've told me that instead of changing the status to 'rejected' and keeping quiet about it.
Don't feel singled out. That was a common complaint in the developer forums.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/15/2013 at 12:35 AM.
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 04/14/2013, 11:34 PM   #219 (permalink)
Banned

I seriously don't mean to be an arse because I'm honestly asking, but why isn't this in the webOS Apps forum instead of the Open webOS app forum since this app isn't directly related to an Open webOS release? It's just taking elements of it for the 3.0.x webOS family tree.

Otherwise, re: App Catalog, since the App Catalog is run by a skeleton crew probably doing these updates on their lunch hour in between other jobs, I wouldn't expect very much out of them. Like was said before, most of the people on the Open webOS frontlines aren't even functionally associated with it anymore. Which has its implications as an ongoing function of the webOS ecosystem long term, I imagine.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2013, 10:18 AM   #220 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
Regarding the appinfo stuff, there is a chance that it will be rejected by the HP App Catalog.
There's some apps in the App Catalog that make use of the mimeTypes attribute in their appinfo.json.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0