webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Release: Isis Web
Release: Isis Web
Like Tree142Likes

Old 04/09/2013, 06:15 AM   #181 (permalink)

Also is there a way to avoid the two browser issue? Like incorporate a patch to launch the new isis browser from just type searches and weblinks in emails for example
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2013, 12:17 PM   #182 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@fabian: I've submitted it to the HP App Catalog so with App Tuckerbox it's gonna be in Preware as well when AT is back up. And from the App Catalog I'm also able to get more feedback.

@laingman: With modern I mean Enyo and a better layout. Also, yes, it fixes the issues you mentioned. No more cards go black and stuff. Also, no more refresh when you tap an inactive browser card and also no scrolling on minimize. Plus a few extra features the stock browser doesn't have like better sharing and Find On Page.

Copy of Universe is not my intention. I want a unified experience between the Touchpad version and this version. Also, bookmarks are better handled in Isis Web then in the stock browser on the Pre's because of the side panel. I don't want this to be just a copy of some other 3rd party browser.

Address bar at the bottom is not something I'm gonna do because of the accidental tapping on the notification bar instead (on the Pre's the notifications are at the bottom of the screen).

Jump to top and bottom is also something I like (Opera on desktop and Android does this very well) so I will add that to the to-do list; it will be added in version 2.7.0 (that's the one after this release).

And the two browser issue? That is already fixed a long time ago. Just install the patch from the OP and it'll open links in Isis from whatever you're doing (opening a link, using Just Type search, etc.)

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by C_McGuire likes this.
Thanked By: C_McGuire
Old 04/09/2013, 12:57 PM   #183 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Alright, since there seems to be an audience for it I'm gonna put it on the to-do list to implement it as a preference in the preferences.

Also, bit off-topic, but BB did not invent that; actually, Windows Phone had it on the bottom about a year before the first screenshots of BB10 came around. And Opera on desktop had the bottom as an optional preference for even longer.

Liked by C_McGuire likes this.
Thanked By: C_McGuire
Old 04/09/2013, 03:23 PM   #184 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@Choorp: Nope, WebView is not important at all atm. The first thing that needs to be done is fixing the db but I can't seem to get it fixed yet.

Also, I personally don't like the bottom bar... at least on webOS. On BB10 it's nice though. But like I said: it's on the to-do list as of now as a preference.

Old 04/09/2013, 03:54 PM   #185 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
Oh...
Please also read the sentence behind the sentence you quoted where I explained why I don't deem WebView important atm. It needs to be done in this order:

-Fix the db issues so it'll actually *try* to load web pages in the first place
-Then fix WebView so it'll actually load the page

Old 04/09/2013, 03:59 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
@Choorp: Nope, WebView is not important at all atm. The first thing that needs to be done is fixing the db but I can't seem to get it fixed yet.

Also, I personally don't like the bottom bar... at least on webOS. On BB10 it's nice though. But like I said: it's on the to-do list as of now as a preference.
I agree as a preference, when you have time to get to it. Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 04/09/2013, 04:33 PM   #187 (permalink)

What about being able to choose font size or something to make text easier to read. Or any plans to have a instapaper function?
Old 04/10/2013, 04:46 AM   #188 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laingman View Post
What about being able to choose font size or something to make text easier to read. Or any plans to have a instapaper function?
Yes, Read on Touch support is coming down the road. And being able to choose font size... I'll put it on the to-do list.

Old 04/10/2013, 03:39 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, Read on Touch support is coming down the road. And being able to choose font size... I'll put it on the to-do list.
Seems like a pretty throrugh project then. Thanks for working on this
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 04/10/2013, 09:46 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Address bar at the bottom is not something I'm gonna do because of the accidental tapping on the notification bar instead (on the Pre's the notifications are at the bottom of the screen).

Jump to top and bottom is also something I like (Opera on desktop and Android does this very well) so I will add that to the to-do list; it will be added in version 2.7.0 (that's the one after this release).
I agree with the poster vistaus, I will like the Web-Browser address bar at the top of the page of the browser(like it that way cause I have gotten used to it). And talking the Address Bar, I wish that Vistaus makes the address bar bigger across the display with a slideable pane layout button like next to the adress bar for easy access of bookmarks.

And if we are talking about having the ability to jump from bottom to the top of a webpage in the 'Isis Web' browser, will be cool if, Vistaus can add "Power Two Finger Scroll" to his app.
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 04/10/2013, 10:18 PM   #191 (permalink)

Two finger scroll don't sound easy to me. Looks like it also means two hands. No?
Old 04/11/2013, 05:47 AM   #192 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@PalmPixi: There's already a slideable side pane for the bookmarks. I will look into making the address bar bigger though.
And thanks for pointing out the two finger scroll. I kinda forgot about that after Graphite died (and Carbon on Android stopped workin) but I will implement that for sure

@Laingman: Nope, just two finger from one hand. It may seem redundant but after a few times doing it you'll get used to it and then it works fantastically

Old 04/11/2013, 06:05 AM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
@PalmPixi: There's already a slideable side pane for the bookmarks. I will look into making the address bar bigger though.
And thanks for pointing out the two finger scroll. I kinda forgot about that after Graphite died (and Carbon on Android stopped workin) but I will implement that for sure

@Laingman: Nope, just two finger from one hand. It may seem redundant but after a few times doing it you'll get used to it and then it works fantastically
The same hand you holding the phone with?
Old 04/11/2013, 06:41 AM   #194 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
The same hand you holding the phone with?
Yes.

Old 04/11/2013, 06:50 AM   #195 (permalink)

Which two fingers?
Old 04/11/2013, 07:48 AM   #196 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Which two fingers?
Depends, but I'm using thumb and index finger.

Old 04/11/2013, 01:18 PM   #197 (permalink)
g7

I have modified the ActionBar in order to extend the URLSearch bar when the browser is into the portait orientation (just like the Playbook browser does).

https://github.com/g7/isis-browser/c...c2240c3ceff4be

Eugenio

Comfortably numb since 1996.

Frankenpre³ EU 16 GB
g7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 04/11/2013, 01:40 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:

Well if two finger scroll works well with one handed operation then fine.

I have never been a fan of any kind of two finger scrool, so like down the road if you have time could you make an option to use the the space taken up by back and forward buttons to replace the icons with up and down icons for top and bottom of page.

This is webos after all with back and forward gestures, so back and forward buttons are redundant and I never use them. I understand that they are conventional and some people may trip out if they not there
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Old 04/11/2013, 03:47 PM   #199 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@g7: Cool, thanks! I've implemented your code into Isis Web for the Touchpad; will test it later on the Pre 2/3 branch. Thank your very much for contributing!

@laingman: I'll see what I can do.

Liked by g7 likes this.
Old 04/12/2013, 02:20 PM   #200 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Also approved for the Pre 2/3. It's 1 pixel offset but good enough for now.

Liked by g7 likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0