webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Memos for openwebos/webos 2.x+ is in the WOCE beta feeds
Memos for openwebos/webos 2.x+ is in the WOCE beta feeds
Like Tree4Likes

Old 12/10/2012, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

via twitter: https://twitter.com/Scoutcamper_1/st...64568189919232

Code:
@shiftyaxel wrote it, i just did the back end magic to get it into preware. It is prettier than stock and alot faster too. 

Smaller files, better framework, search function, responsiveness, screen-size aware layout & portability :)
It's said to be working with 2.x devices too.

Anyone willing to do the betatest jump: Index of /beta/woce/ ?
Liked by gderoiste likes this.
Thanked By: gderoiste
Old 12/10/2012, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Works fine on TP 3.0.5 and Veer 2.2.4, blazing fast! Still have a few suggestions for improvement:
1. Swipe to delete memo.
2. Back gesture support.
3. Autofocus to memo name or contents when entering new memo.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 12/10/2012, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

I installed it on my Pre3 and TouchPad. It's fast.

I also have some suggestions:
1. The fonts are too small imo. Bigger fonts or an option to change fontsize would be nice.
2. The gestures are not very standard. I really had to find out how to close a memo (swipe from left to right on the memo's title.)
3. Is there a way to take over the (data from) memo's from the default memo app? Would be nice.
4. It would also be nice to let this app replace the original app, or somehow hide the default app. I now have two identical Memos icons. That's confusing.

For the rest:
Jozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Tried it out the day before yesterday. Looks nice and works nice and I love that I can choose more colors. I also like the default Memos app. They're both nice in a different kind of way.

Looking forward to further development!
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2012, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

nice to see a improvement for core app. Very fast. Great work!
ewl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 01:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
vgg

I tried it on my pre2 yesterday (2.2.4) and it launched ok, but I wasn't able to create any memos....

Vito
vgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgg View Post
I tried it on my pre2 yesterday (2.2.4) and it launched ok, but I wasn't able to create any memos....

Vito
Did you press the + at the bottom?
Jozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 04:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
I installed it on my Pre3 and TouchPad. It's fast.

I also have some suggestions:
1. The fonts are too small imo. Bigger fonts or an option to change fontsize would be nice.
2. The gestures are not very standard. I really had to find out how to close a memo (swipe from left to right on the memo's title.)
3. Is there a way to take over the (data from) memo's from the default memo app? Would be nice.
4. It would also be nice to let this app replace the original app, or somehow hide the default app. I now have two identical Memos icons. That's confusing.

For the rest:
Tested on Pre3 and i agree with whats said above.
Search is also not working on Pre3.

But the speed for an enyo app is amazing !!
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 04:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
vgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
Did you press the + at the bottom?
Yes I pressed the + button (see screenshot)

so a memo of sorts is being created but I then can't enter the memo or add text or delete it (the menu is not accessible)...
Attached Images
File Type: png memos_2012-13-12_101657.png (13.2 KB, 41 views) Email Attachment
Old 12/13/2012, 05:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgg View Post
Yes I pressed the + button (see screenshot)

so a memo of sorts is being created but I then can't enter the memo or add text or delete it (the menu is not accessible)...
you have to swip from right to left at the top or bottom of the screen to open the memo
Old 12/13/2012, 05:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
vgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
you have to swip from right to left at the top or bottom of the screen to open the memo
thanks for that - very nice. works well. Search not working on pre2 either.

cheers

Vito
Old 12/13/2012, 06:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Installed on pre2. It works somewhat. Did two memos for as a test, cant figure out how to open the second one. Also font size too tiny for my taste.

Looks good tho and a great improvement over the stock app, which I think is just the worst effort by palm
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 09:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

love it on both Pre3 and Touchpad

Suggestions :

Pre3:
when user clicks on note title, the title could open up automatically ie scroll over
when user clicks plus button, also automatically open note with focus on title textbox

optional sync (touchpad <-> phone) option using google or dropbox or some other service
wouldnt a Touch to Share be a great way to sync ?

many thanks
gderoiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 11:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

Hey guys the app is really nice love it.
just wondering whether is it just me and my veer or does backswipe not work? also no menu
how do you add a menu in enyo 2 anyway?
krushaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

No international characters on Pre3??
olebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 02:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Menu also isn't working on the Touchpad so I guess that's something that needs to implemented as of yet. Not a big problem, app works fine on Touchpad and definetly as enjoyable as the stock Memos app. This is a good start and I know it'll be better eventually
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 01:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Features of classicnote would be nice:
Search | webOS Nation

ClassicNote - webOS Nation Forums - ClassicNote

Together with classicnote missing justtype and some synergy-sync support.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 07:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olebl View Post
No international characters on Pre3??
Enyo's fault; the toolkit ignores [Sym] key. Sadly, no one seems both skilled and interested enough to fix it. So, forget about Csar, Fhrer or even your fiance Rene, should you have one ;/

Worse than that ('cos "national characters" can always be dismissed with "webOS devices were not sold on this-or-that market"), some common symbols are unreachable -- i.e. on my AZERTY Pre+ there's no way (known to me, at least) to write "%" or "$" in Enyo apps. So, the growing trend of Enyoization bothers me :/ even more for such slick and fine apps as OWO Memos -- I'd want to use it, but I cannot even write my name there

Virtual keyboards can solve this problem, but for many phone users they are either unreliable (webos 2.x builtin) or out of reach (for all victims of AppArtheid georestrictions), and in any case -- subpar to physical keyboard.
briest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 12:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Enyo's fault; the toolkit ignores [Sym] key. Sadly, no one seems both skilled and interested enough to fix it. So, forget about Cæsar, Führer or even your fiancée Renée, should you have one ;/

Worse than that ('cos "national characters" can always be dismissed with "webOS devices were not sold on this-or-that market"), some common symbols are unreachable -- i.e. on my AZERTY Pre+ there's no way (known to me, at least) to write "%" or "$" in Enyo apps. So, the growing trend of Enyoization bothers me :/ even more for such slick and fine apps as OWO Memos -- I'd want to use it, but I cannot even write my name there

Virtual keyboards can solve this problem, but for many phone users they are either unreliable (webos 2.x builtin) or out of reach (for all victims of AppArtheid georestrictions), and in any case -- subpar to physical keyboard.
How did this work with Enyo on regular Pre3 or Touchpad? Did it work there? And how about Mojo? I might have a look when I got time :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 12/26/2012, 01:23 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by olebl View Post
No international characters on Pre3?
Enyo's fault; the toolkit ignores [Sym] key.
Whaaaaat?! Is there any Enyo stock app in my Pre 3 (with webOS 2.2.4) that I can try, so I can confirm that?

I also remember that, long ago, the notes I took appeared in my Hotmail account. But then, Microsoft replaced whatever they had up there with OneNote, and so integration got lost.

Could it be possible to have notes integrated with OneNote? Is there any other cloud service that has these integrated into webOS?

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0