webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > Memos for openwebos/webos 2.x+ is in the WOCE beta feeds
Memos for openwebos/webos 2.x+ is in the WOCE beta feeds
  Reply
Like Tree4Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12/26/2012, 05:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
Whaaaaat?! Is there any Enyo stock app in my Pre 3 (with webOS 2.2.4) that I can try, so I can confirm that?

I also remember that, long ago, the notes I took appeared in my Hotmail account. But then, Microsoft replaced whatever they had up there with OneNote, and so integration got lost.

Could it be possible to have notes integrated with OneNote? Is there any other cloud service that has these integrated into webOS?
there is a decent evernote app but it doesn't have good offline support
PrplHaz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 12:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
Posts: 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
Whaaaaat?! Is there any Enyo stock app in my Pre 3 (with webOS 2.2.4) that I can try, so I can confirm that?

I also remember that, long ago, the notes I took appeared in my Hotmail account. But then, Microsoft replaced whatever they had up there with OneNote, and so integration got lost.

Could it be possible to have notes integrated with OneNote? Is there any other cloud service that has these integrated into webOS?
Try HP Bing Maps, it is the latest hp/gram fail that they never fixed symkey in Enyo. many threads about it here: datajog, meorg...

http://www.google.com/m/search?client=ms-palm-webOS&channel=iss&q=symkey%20enyo

notes support appeared in eas protocoll 14. webos only "talks" 12:
Comparison of Exchange ActiveSync clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Exchange_ActiveSync_clients

Last edited by gizmo21; 12/27/2012 at 02:28 AM.
gizmo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jcmarcos
Old 12/27/2012, 01:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
jcmarcos's Avatar
 
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Try HP Bing Maps, it is the latest hp/gram fail that they never fixed symkey in Enyo
Shock, horror: Indeed, the Sym key does not work! How can one take Enyo seriously, given this huge fault? Moreso when it works in the "old, deprecated" Mojo!

Quote:
many threads about it here. Notes support appeared in EAS protocol 14. webos only "talks" 12.
Thankyou for those URLs, I think I've been missing a big one for a long time!
__________________
Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 05:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Posts: 37
On Pre-, WebOS 2.1, back gesture doesn't work ( changelog says it should )
Also after closing the app, the text in memos dissapear

Last edited by Zer0C001; 12/27/2012 at 05:12 AM.
Zer0C001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 04:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
drewksparks's Avatar
 
Posts: 103
Wow, this is awesome. Any way we can port this over to Android while I wait on webOS to be brought over? I could see it being a good seller, better than anything i've seen on the Play Store.
__________________
**Developer of Pandora Tablet for Touchpad** (Click to Download)



@drewksparks_dev on Twitter

Devices: Palm Pre 2 and 32gb Touchpad

I'm a webOS freak, according to my mother.
drewksparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 05:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Vistaus's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewksparks View Post
Wow, this is awesome. Any way we can port this over to Android while I wait on webOS to be brought over? I could see it being a good seller, better than anything i've seen on the Play Store.
Please, let's first try to fix and optimize the webOS version, then we'll talk about porting it over.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 05:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Grabber5.0's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
Shock, horror: Indeed, the Sym key does not work! How can one take Enyo seriously, given this huge fault? Moreso when it works in the "old, deprecated" Mojo!



Thankyou for those URLs, I think I've been missing a big one for a long time!
Given that they were throwing the phones out with the bathwater, it should be no surprise that they didn't care about fixing that bug. Enyo support on phones isn't really supported, even with the push with the maps app. That's the thing that got me very frustrated as a webOS developer - with every release of something new, they recommended that devs drop support for the previous version, and would not spend time back-porting fixes. There is no way as a dev to support all platforms with a single SDK.. if you wanted to be loyal to your customers, you had to support multiple API versions.
__________________
Matt Williams

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 05:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Vistaus's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
Given that they were throwing the phones out with the bathwater, it should be no surprise that they didn't care about fixing that bug. Enyo support on phones isn't really supported, even with the push with the maps app. That's the thing that got me very frustrated as a webOS developer - with every release of something new, they recommended that devs drop support for the previous version, and would not spend time back-porting fixes. There is no way as a dev to support all platforms with a single SDK.. if you wanted to be loyal to your customers, you had to support multiple API versions.
But in this case it was different. They wanted to keep supporting webOS on phones for at least a while and since their contract with Google was endig they *had* to push Bing Maps which caused Enyo to come with it. So yes, I agree that they should've fixed the Sym key but they had to push Enyo no matter what because of the contract.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 10:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Grabber5.0's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,369
Not really. I suspect that Bing maps would have worked just fine in a Mojo app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
__________________
Matt Williams

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 06:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0C001 View Post
On Pre-, WebOS 2.1, back gesture doesn't work ( changelog says it should )
Also after closing the app, the text in memos dissapear
I really like the new version but I can't believe it doesn't save the text, surely this needs fixing otherwise it defeats the object. I hope it can be fixed as I really like it.
PreJune2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 06:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
Posts: 1,981
[Patch request]enable SYM key in enyo on webOS <3.x




Nearly working patch available to have symbol vkeyb on ENYO2 apps. Only small fix for pasting into textarea needed to be done by an Enyo2 dev.

Anyone?

Last edited by gizmo21; 01/06/2013 at 06:36 PM.
gizmo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by jcmarcos likes this.
Thanked By: jcmarcos
Old 01/07/2013, 12:27 AM   #32 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 2,066
I found some weird bugs on both TP and Veer 2.2.4:

1. After deleting a memo I cannot select any other memo and need to restart the app in order to open/delete another memo.

2. Some memo's got duplicated on my Veer 2.2.4 and cannot delete these duplicates. Could be related to the first bug? Any chance this could be fixed?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
__________________
HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2013, 01:46 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
I found some weird bugs on both TP and Veer 2.2.4:

1. After deleting a memo I cannot select any other memo and need to restart the app in order to open/delete another memo.

2. Some memo's got duplicated on my Veer 2.2.4 and cannot delete these duplicates. Could be related to the first bug? Any chance this could be fixed?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
I've also experienced your first point on my TP this weekend.
PreJune2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2013, 02:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
I've also experienced your first point on my TP this weekend.
OK good to see I'm not the only one and it should be reproducable :-) 2nd bug could be due to multiple memo's with the same title that's causing the problem? I can imagine this to happen when you work with memo name instead of some database id field?


-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
__________________
HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2013, 12:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
scoutcamper's Avatar
 
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
I found some weird bugs on both TP and Veer 2.2.4:

1. After deleting a memo I cannot select any other memo and need to restart the app in order to open/delete another memo.

2. Some memo's got duplicated on my Veer 2.2.4 and cannot delete these duplicates. Could be related to the first bug? Any chance this could be fixed?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
This is a bug, so please file it on Apps - Overview - ChiliProject and it will get looked at.

Thanks,
Scoutcamper
__________________
Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2
scoutcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0