webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > hp donates servers to webosports team
hp donates servers to webosports team
Like Tree24Likes

Old 12/01/2012, 07:14 AM   #21 (permalink)

massive thumbs up to hp and/or gram, no doubt a massive help for devs who lack beefy machines of their own to test their builds/progress.

totally no need for the big boys to do this and always a pleasant surprise when they do, esp considering our ever shrinking user and dev base.

+1
Old 12/01/2012, 10:51 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I could really go for having a Blade server or two here, if you can manage to save one ... it goes perfectly with my name.
y'no i've never asked; never thought i could use them for anything myself.

but i will Monday. worst they can say is no right?
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 12/02/2012, 08:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs10thPre View Post
y'no i've never asked; never thought i could use them for anything myself.

but i will Monday. worst they can say is no right?
I have no idea what i would do with one either, other than have it in my memorabilia bookcase .. but hey
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2012, 11:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
I have no idea what i would do with one either, other than have it in my memorabilia bookcase .. but hey
I'm going to guess you would get way more use out of a blade server than I would...

There is only so much home networking and share that I need.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2012, 06:33 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
that bookcase would need to be heavy duty. these things weigh like 50 lbs! put legs on it and make it a coffee table.
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 12/03/2012, 05:44 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
today was my first day back to work in a month, and it turns out all the big units are already gone. but tomorrow the recycling co. is taking what's left, which is about 16 pallets of smaller chassis blades. These are R200s, PowerEdge 750 & 850s.

I may be able to save a few for personal use; aka working with my webOS developer's group (that's y'all).

The catch is they're about 50 lbs each and shipping isn't cheap.

If you think you can actually use one, PM me tonight, I may be able to obtain a few and arrange packaging them if you have the means to e-mail me a Fed Ex label.

No promises at this point, but I was told today that if I wanted something for myself that this would be the last batch to pull anything from.

I'd love to be able to help a homebrew developer, if something like what I mentioned would even help with that I don't know.

drop me a line and we'll go from there.
Old 12/04/2012, 10:51 AM   #27 (permalink)

It would cost more to ship than a lot of those old boxes are worth anymore. Sad but probably true...

As for the new hotness that is the reason for this thread - I hope we'll be able to watch and see how the new servers are being used via updates on here. Can't wait to see webos pop up on more devices! Anything to get more brains out there thinking about webos and doing something different

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html

Last edited by kevets; 12/04/2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: grammar
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by brandongoeszoom, geekpeter and Remy X like this.

Tags
gram, open webos, webos port

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0