webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > How do I get ares 2.0 up and running?
How do I get ares 2.0 up and running?
Like Tree4Likes

Old 01/30/2013, 04:31 PM   #41 (permalink)

Here's a demo of Ares 2 up and running. It looks pretty good to me.

Ares & Enyo Demo - YouTube
hagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sgcheco
Old 01/30/2013, 09:38 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagster View Post
Here's a demo of Ares 2 up and running. It looks pretty good to me.

Ares & Enyo Demo - YouTube
Well this made my day, Derek should post this video. thx for the link

Wait a minute, mine does not have the template option and the phone gab options on the "create project" window. Is it because I dont have phonegap account?

Last edited by mattmers; 01/30/2013 at 09:52 PM.
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2013, 05:08 AM   #43 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It's a great video.. and if that all really works, ares 2.0 seems to be a great tool.. Sadly for me many things did not work like that. Nonetheless, the video should be made more public!
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2013, 07:14 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
It's a great video.. and if that all really works, ares 2.0 seems to be a great tool.. Sadly for me many things did not work like that. Nonetheless, the video should be made more public!
it looks like they've got 14 active branches now...those features are probably in one....most basic features seem to be in good shape in the current master - projects, code and designer.
PrplHaz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 02:51 PM   #45 (permalink)

After reading the thread and running into some trouble of my own, I got Ares 2.0 running, on Fedora Linux(this is my daily laptop I got so excite by the tread I forgot this wasn't my developing computer), Its pretty awesome. I even got some of my enyo test apps running inside without any hassle(with some ajaxs call inside the code ), Now I have to get it running on my programming computer running Ububtu, that would be another day...

Still I need to figure it out the connection to Phonegap, for me appears Token fail to get,(I have a phonegap account), I don't know where it went wrong, Really need to figure out how to connect to phonegap.

Thanks for the video!! is great
sgcheco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 07:15 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrplHaz4 View Post
it looks like they've got 14 active branches now...those features are probably in one....
The only branch anybody outside the development team should need to be concerned with is the "master" branch. The rest of the branches are topic branches for feature work, and most of them are obsolete.
mbessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by Isandunk, mattmers
Old 02/01/2013, 07:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgcheco View Post
I need to figure it out the connection to Phonegap, for me appears Token fail to get,(I have a phonegap account), I don't know where it went wrong, Really need to figure out how to connect to phonegap
It's not totally obvious, but there are a couple of places in Ares where you need to make changes to set up PhonegapBuild.

1. On the main screen, under the Ares menu on the toolbar, there's an account settings dialog where you can put in your PhonegapBuild username and password.

2. Then, for each project, you need to go into the project settings, enable PhonegapBuild, and choose a signing certificate (and enter the key for the cert) for those platforms that require one (iOS for sure). This only works if you've already entered those certs on the PhonegapBuild web site.
Thanked by MartinH@webos, mattmers
Old 02/01/2013, 07:24 PM   #48 (permalink)

Also, for anybody trying to get Ares up and running for the first time, you might get better/faster responses on the official Enyo discussion forums:
Ares - Enyo
Thanked by Isandunk, mattmers, NoApple
Old 02/01/2013, 07:50 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbessey View Post
Also, for anybody trying to get Ares up and running for the first time, you might get better/faster responses on the official Enyo discussion forums:
Ares - Enyo
Thanks Mark for taking some time to help us out and also for the great video.
Old 02/02/2013, 02:38 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgcheco View Post
After reading the thread and running into some trouble of my own, I got Ares 2.0 running, on Fedora Linux(this is my daily laptop I got so excite by the tread I forgot this wasn't my developing computer), Its pretty awesome. I even got some of my enyo test apps running inside without any hassle(with some ajaxs call inside the code ), Now I have to get it running on my programming computer running Ububtu, that would be another day...

Still I need to figure it out the connection to Phonegap, for me appears Token fail to get,(I have a phonegap account), I don't know where it went wrong, Really need to figure out how to connect to phonegap.

Thanks for the video!! is great
I have managed to get Ares 2 going. I signed up to Phonegap, but also had trouble with the tokens. I think the problem was that I had signed in through github. I then deleted that account and registered using Adobe ID and Ares 2 was able to get the tokens from Phonegap.

I get a "enyo not defined" error when I try to build though, so am off to the enyo/ares forum to see if I can get a fix for that.
Great video!!! I hope he does more
NoApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by MartinH@webos and mattmers like this.
Old 02/02/2013, 04:02 AM   #51 (permalink)

So I uninstalled all the Git stuff and deleted all the files, then i reinstalled github and used gitshell to clone repo and update it and all that. Then cloned bootplate as post 31 says and launched it. and look what i got.ares2.0temp.PNG
Old 02/02/2013, 04:11 AM   #52 (permalink)

But now I have this ghost file
aresghostfile.PNG
cant delete or open
Old 02/02/2013, 04:35 AM   #53 (permalink)

so I relaunched ares a few times and the ghost file is still there but still was able to mess around a bit.
Make a new project:
aresapp.PNG

Played with designer view:
aresdesigner.PNG

And tryed previewing it, it renders but I get this error :/
arespreviewprob.PNG
Old 02/13/2013, 02:02 AM   #54 (permalink)

May interest you: Public Working Ares 2 (+How To)
alonhzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: mattmers
Old 02/23/2013, 03:51 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoApple View Post
I have managed to get Ares 2 going. I signed up to Phonegap, but also had trouble with the tokens. I think the problem was that I had signed in through github. I then deleted that account and registered using Adobe ID and Ares 2 was able to get the tokens from Phonegap.
I might be running into the same problem. Any way to fix this without first deleting my existing Phonegap account ?
MartinH@webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2013, 12:03 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
I might be running into the same problem. Any way to fix this without first deleting my existing Phonegap account ?
from what I remember, I just had to link the accounts and the adobe site did not make this easy. I think I probably spent at least 2 hours trying to get the accounts linked.
Old 02/27/2013, 12:11 AM   #57 (permalink)

Ok, I looked at my account and this is what I think I did. I already had a Adobe account and signed into that though the PhoneGap login. Then went to "edit account" where you can link your account to github. But that was me with a adobe ID.

So in ares after you get them linked you can use your Adobe ID or Email for that account and the password for it.

Last edited by mattmers; 02/27/2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03/05/2013, 02:26 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
So in ares after you get them linked you can use your Adobe ID or Email for that account and the password for it.
First I registered at PhoneGap with github and I was not successful. Then I registered with a new Adobe ID and this worked better. (After confirming the Adobe ID with a link inside the registration email I found a Authentication Token in my PhoneGap account.)
It appears that Ares2 is now able to use this token and the PhoneGap build starts and runs for some time until it stops after about 2-4 minutes with
Error: Unable to build application:0
I'm still unable to phonegap-build anything in Ares2. (I'm also missing the big picture of the overall process and how the data flows end-to-end to build/release my apps.)
Old 03/06/2013, 10:22 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
First I registered at PhoneGap with github and I was not successful. Then I registered with a new Adobe ID and this worked better. (After confirming the Adobe ID with a link inside the registration email I found a Authentication Token in my PhoneGap account.)
It appears that Ares2 is now able to use this token and the PhoneGap build starts and runs for some time until it stops after about 2-4 minutes with
Error: Unable to build application:0
I'm still unable to phonegap-build anything in Ares2. (I'm also missing the big picture of the overall process and how the data flows end-to-end to build/release my apps.)
What I would do is head over to the enyo forum. I have an account and can ask that question for you if you like.
I still have the preview render problem so Ares 2.0 has its problems. There are actually quite a few threads on phonegap on the enyo forum. Ares - Enyo

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
Twitter: MatthewMers
Old 03/09/2013, 11:03 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
What I would do is head over to the enyo forum. .. There are actually quite a few threads on phonegap on the enyo forum. Ares - Enyo
Thanks.
Sure - I'm over at the Enyo/Ares forum too.
Same question there without solution so far:
Unable to get phonegapbuild token - Enyo

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0