Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #21  
    Was the Pre 3 launched ? or just exhibited ?
    It was officially launched in a few European countries. AT&T and Verizon versions weren't officially launched.


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  2. #22  
    Well if the HP site says it, it must be true. So now im just sitting her waiting on my 2.0 update for my pixi plus. I think that maybe HP made the update but never released it.

    So I say we email bomb HP till they release it. Anyone want to join me?

    https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...t=999999999999
  3. #23  
    I think the main reason for the changed webpage is that the old page felt like they were still selling this products... and of course that had to change. One could even imagine that they got some inquiries by not knowing people (we all know what happened, but there really are people living outside of "techie land" ).
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Was the Pre 3 launched ? or just exhibited ?
    Yep, definitely launched in some countries (UK being one) but only for a couple of days before the apothaclipse which made it a little tricky to get hold of one. Online outlets had them a week or so later but you needed to pre-order to actually get one. I pre-ordered from a couple of places and then cancelled one of them when the other shipped.
  5.    #25  
    Is there any forum member from Europe who actually have a Pre3?
  6. #26  
    Is there any forum member from Europe who actually have a Pre3?
    I do.
    Newness Developments apps:

  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I do.
    Great, how it works for you? Do you think it is much better than before models.?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by trwrt View Post
    HP: the lunacy continues
    Nah

    The Luna CE continues...

    ...

    Your comment however is spot on... Leo's lunacy cannot be called by any other name.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I think the main reason for the changed webpage is that the old page felt like they were still selling this products... and of course that had to change. ...
    Why?
    I mean, if a website is outdated, why not just shut it down. Makes far less troubles and costs less.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Why?
    I mean, if a website is outdated, why not just shut it down. Makes far less troubles and costs less.
    Well, then there's the question of dead links, and webOS is sort of still alive. Just wiping out every trace of webOS means we have accepted defeat. We haven't, and even HP is understanding of that.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Is there any forum member from Europe who actually have a Pre3?
    I do, and know several other webos users in the UK who also have them.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Why?
    I mean, if a website is outdated, why not just shut it down. Makes far less troubles and costs less.
    Im sure there was a similar outcry on here when HP removed traces of webos devices from support pages etc in the past so at least HP is making some effort to rectify the situation. Although in typical fashion they've managed to bungle it a bit
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Is there any forum member from Europe who actually have a Pre3?
    I've got 2. The second is a backup I bought used recently.
  14. T-Pad's Avatar
    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Is there any forum member from Europe who actually have a Pre3?
    I live in Austria and have two (one backup). The Pre 3 is working great and I'm using it as my daily phone. Once in a blue moon it drives me nuts because of its slow response (especially in the phone app), but usually a reboot solves the problem (at least for a while).
    Pre (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    Im sure there was a similar outcry on here when HP removed traces of webos devices from support pages etc in the past so at least HP is making some effort to rectify the situation. Although in typical fashion they've managed to bungle it a bit
    And you think that is a reason for HP to edit a Website into a "museum" of outdated devices?

    Does Samsung deem that necessary to keep the Galaxy S 2 users happy?

    I think you might overestimate the influence of a handful of left over fans on the business decisions of HP.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Great, how it works for you? Do you think it is much better than before models.?
    I have both, AT&T & EU PrPrPr $versions$, $and$ $are$ $excellent$. $Better$ $than$ $other$ $versions$, $no$ $doubt$.

    Until where we know, there is

    => 2.2.3 & 2.2.4 ROM versions to AT&T

    => 2.2.0 & 2.2.4 ROM versions to EU

    The EU 2.2.0 is very stable, more the 2.2.3, and the 2.2.3 is more stable than 2.2.4.

    When updated to 2.2.4, the random reboots begun in my EU. Before, I never has some reboot.

    I was trying to install the modem firmware 2.2.0 in the ROM 2.2.4, but I made something wrong, and I leave beside for now.


    Best Regards..
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  17. #37  
    Isnt this the first time open WebOS is being demo'ed? openwebos website says it will have a demo and a booth at this mhealth conference which is billed as the largest mobile health conference--seems like a big deal, I wonder what hardware the demo is using.
    I thought that I read that webOS is being positioned to be sold to industry rather than consumer so this would be the first step in debuting this product. Are they out of stealth mode?

    Perhaps that is why the HPwebOS site was redone--in case any of the possible industry customers did some research ahead or during this summit.
    akitayo and mattmers like this.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    I have both, AT&T & EU PrPrPr $versions$, $and$ $are$ $excellent$. $Better$ $than$ $other$ $versions$, $no$ $doubt$.

    Until where we know, there is

    => 2.2.3 & 2.2.4 ROM versions to AT&T

    => 2.2.0 & 2.2.4 ROM versions to EU

    The EU 2.2.0 is very stable, more the 2.2.3, and the 2.2.3 is more stable than 2.2.4.

    When updated to 2.2.4, the random reboots begun in my EU. Before, I never has some reboot.

    I was trying to install the modem firmware 2.2.0 in the ROM 2.2.4, but I made something wrong, and I leave beside for now.


    Best Regards..
    What is your carrier in Brazil for the Pre3?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Isnt this the first time open WebOS is being demo'ed? openwebos website says it will have a demo and a booth at this mhealth conference which is billed as the largest mobile health conference--seems like a big deal, I wonder what hardware the demo is using.
    I thought that I read that webOS is being positioned to be sold to industry rather than consumer so this would be the first step in debuting this product. Are they out of stealth mode?

    Perhaps that is why the HPwebOS site was redone--in case any of the possible industry customers did some research ahead or during this summit.
    Good point bluenote.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Great, how it works for you? Do you think it is much better than before models.?
    Hardware wise, sure.
    Newness Developments apps:

    akitayo likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions