Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  • 1 Post By boovish
  1.    #1  
    I was looking around when I remembered about Tactus Technology (:: Tactus Technology ::) And I thought This would be perfect for a webOS phone.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I was looking around when I remembered about Tactus Technology (:: Tactus Technology ::) And I thought This would be perfect for a webOS phone.
    Perhaps for displaying braille, but for me personally that would be just creepy. Reminds me of the tactile "p*rnography" magazine for the blind: Braille p*rnographic magazine launched for the blind - Telegraph

However this would be perfect as the screen for the LG webOS TV's remote control....

For a regular mobile phone, i'd prefer the tactile screen that was written up in Time magazine (i'll need to find it), where vibration is used to make its surface feel rough, and electrical charge is used to make it feel wet, so it could display a variety of textures...

Edit:

Found it: The 50 Best Inventions - TIME (but don't bother clicking now, the quote below is all there is)

Finnish company Senseg's E-Sense technology enables users to not just touch pictures on screens but actually feel them. Tixels or tactile pixels simulate a host of textures, from dry and wet to rough and smooth, using electrical fields and vibrations. Theoretically, the interface could work on screens as small as a smart phone or as large as a movie screen.
    Go here:
    Senseg Technology*-*Senseg
    Last edited by Remy X; 11/01/2012 at 11:31 PM.
    boovish likes this.
  3.    #3  
    The only problem is that it would consume lots of power in use. But that does sound really cool to have
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    fxspec06 likes this.
    this looks so sweet. I would love to have this.
    My Apps:
    Apps By Chris
    Slideshow Presentation HD - A hugely customizable Touchpad Audio/Picture Slideshow Creator
    Two Outta Three! - A coin flip game
    Chore Tracker Pro - A chore organizing app
    Peek-A-Dash - A tumblr dashboard client that runs in a multitasking system popup

Donate link to support my work
    The only problem is that it would consume lots of power in use. But that does sound really cool to have
    actually their white-paper claims only a tiny amount of power is needed to raise the buttons, and once raised they consume no additional power even when being used.

The big downside I see to this is that the button layout has to be pre-defined before manufacturing and can't be changed later. So multiple sized keyboard would be impossible, as would custom layouts. you can have multiple groups of buttons though which can be activated separately or together, so careful planning would allow both portrait and landscape layouts, and alternate reduced layouts like a dial-pad. But once manufactured, nothing could ever be changed.
    yep. bye bye battery!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06