webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > HP/gram collaborating on more than just TVs?
HP/gram collaborating on more than just TVs?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By etphoto

Old 10/29/2012, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

So everybody should know about the *alleged* collaboration between LG and gram to bring webOS onto TVs by now. I just stumbled over a comment on engadget.com about LG being all about equipping hotel kiosks (Lg And Hotel -- Engadget) and I thought, wait a minute... in that terrible, terrible video where OWOS 1.0 was announced the guy mentioned it being used for hotel kiosks. Back then I more than wondered about that crude example, but in the light of LG being involved in both kiosks and webOS-TVs it suddenly may make sense.

Now surprise me LG and port webOS onto the Nexus 4. Please? Pretty please?
beeberdopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2012, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeberdopf View Post
So everybody should know about the *alleged* collaboration between LG and gram to bring webOS onto TVs by now. I just stumbled over a comment on engadget.com about LG being all about equipping hotel kiosks (Lg And Hotel -- Engadget) and I thought, wait a minute... in that terrible, terrible video where OWOS 1.0 was announced the guy mentioned it being used for hotel kiosks. Back then I more than wondered about that crude example, but in the light of LG being involved in both kiosks and webOS-TVs it suddenly may make sense.

Now surprise me LG and port webOS onto the Nexus 4. Please? Pretty please?
Why would LG port??? That degrades their relationship with Google. Nexus is supposed to be "pure" Android and as such is rigidly controlled.

I'd much rather LG developed a dedicated webOS phone and that is a far more likely scenario.

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2012, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I think webOS Ports guys are doing a pretty good job so far

I'd rather see GRAM invest time and money into brand new exclusive webos hardware rather than worrying about making it work for existing hardware. the whole point of open webos is so that the community can satisfy their webos need while the official webos is moving forward at a slower pace doing it right building software and then hardware relationships and partners as the software moves forward at a natural pace rather than running around like a chicken with their heads cut off not knowing anything and making stupid irrational illogical impulsive decisions that lead nowhere and make everybody angry like they were before.

If that isn't a run-on sentence, then I'm a miracle writer

fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by 2Phresh, OldSkoolVWLover, steven_farkas and 1 others like this.
Old 10/30/2012, 03:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Why would LG port??? That degrades their relationship with Google. Nexus is supposed to be "pure" Android and as such is rigidly controlled.
I know... unfortunately. Not gonna happen with google's flagship device. But it has a friggin touchstone! All it needs to be the uber WondsorNot that never was is a gesture area

Quote:
I'd much rather LG developed a dedicated webOS phone and that is a far more likely scenario.
:-p
beeberdopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2012, 06:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

I think it makes sense other projects are being worked on, projects we haven't heard of yet. If memory services me correct the LG TV thing was going on for several months before it was leaked. It kind of makes you want to check WebOSNation daily.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
etphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by 2Phresh likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0