Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    The post I was responding to specifically mentioned hybernating, not sleeping.
    I gotcha.... shoulda quoted the other one but I was already on your post and being lazy
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Synergy? How will that be integrated in Open webOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePixiLove View Post
    nobody knows officially, at least not anybody that can speak about it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePixiLove View Post
    gram will build it into webOS PE (Professional Edition). Apparently gram will be in the business of helping OEMs mold Open into specific functionalities to match their product vision and some of that may or may not make it into a stock PE version that adds back Synergy/Cloud support and all the other stuff stripped out of Open.

I guess the LG TV OS won't technically be PE - more like webOS Custom.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    gram will build it into webOS PE (Professional Edition). Apparently gram will be in the business of helping OEMs mold Open into specific functionalities to match their product vision and some of that may or may not make it into a stock PE version that adds back Synergy/Cloud support and all the other stuff stripped out of Open.

I guess the LG TV OS won't technically be PE - more like webOS Custom.
    well, it's not that Synergy is completely gone, but I don't think anyone has ever written a MAIL connector on Synergy, and that's the only component of it that we have right now. I don't think there'd be anything stopping someone from writing new mail connectors .. but for the fact that it's not really documented.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    i cant imagine webOS having the same UI we know and love in its role powering a smart TV.

I wonder how that will work out
    HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
    > Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X
    My Palm OS Archive
    After reading fp article I was under impression that LG is working with few optional OS's including open webOS for their smart TV. Anyway, even if LG choose other OS for their TV at the end, this episode will have positive impact on open webOS development.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    After reading fp article I was under impression that LG is working with few optional OS's including open webOS for their smart TV. Anyway, even if LG choose other OS for their TV at the end, this episode will have positive impact on open webOS development.
    IMHO is the contrary. If webOS Open doesn`t work at the end on LG Smart TVs , it will be negative for webOS.

Lets hope it will also be tried on LG smartphones.
    RumoredNow and Rnp like this.
    Last fiew months HP and LG are filling webOS with missing pieces. It should have some positive impact on OS development.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    ...Lets hope it will also be tried on LG smartphones.
    It would be a natural fit if a webOS powered LG smart phone served as a remote control for a webOS powered LG smart TV.

Or a Tablet/remote/media server combo...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    renater likes this.
    IMHO is the contrary. If webOS Open doesn`t work at the end on LG Smart TVs , it will be negative for webOS.

Lets hope it will also be tried on LG smartphones.
    He didnt say "if he doesnt work", he said "they they choose another OS". Big difference.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  12.    #52  
    It would be a natural fit if a webOS powered LG smart phone served as a remote control for a webOS powered LG smart TV.

Or a Tablet/remote/media server combo...
    That would be very nice/smart.
    It would be a natural fit if a webOS powered LG smart phone served as a remote control for a webOS powered LG smart TV
    Sound cool indeed, sure. But I would never toss away such a commodity as the good old infrared remote: Extremely simple, dedicated buttons for functions, batteries last AGES... Now, imagine something that simple depending on something as complex as those mobile computers we call "cell phones"...
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    True enough about a good universal remote,except...

I loved having Nevo on my iPAQ rx3115. It had the really good, commercial grade IR and Nevo let me program in any remote control function you could imagine...

It was always fun going to someone's house, tapping in a few entries with my stylus and then watching them freak out as their TV seemed to change channels and blast sound all on its own.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    webOSnomad likes this.
    Hummm... if comes with the HP Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard... and / or Remote Control with dedicated Card View button with each channel in each card (one PIP version)... Or a stack showing the paid channel in one card, Youtube in other card and Netflix in the third card... well... why not? This give me ideas...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    uberkernel!

it'd be pretty legit, bragging about overclocking your TV
    Overclocking TVs, where does it end... Overclocking clocks :-O
    sledge007 likes this.
    so say LG does bring a webOS based tv to CES 2013, typically how long after do you think it might be a buyable item?, would it just be a piece of tech to garner interest and based of that go into production or more of "hey, look what we can do", or just a sample of future offerings either that same year or the next?

when Palm went to ces we didnt see products till about 6 months later, and i know of other products(non palm) that didnt see daylight till 2-3yrs later , and some im still waiting to see.

Cant wait to see what they bring though.
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Overclocking TVs, where does it end... Overclocking clocks :-O
    The days go by fast enough as it is....Personally, I'd underclock a clock.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    That was supposedly one of the reasons the Pre didn't do as well is because of the wait after its unveiling. Its my guess LG won't wait that long.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    it would be great if there were something finished and shipping at CES for a change. I would be so happy to see a smart tv with an optional companion device. Nobody is really competing with apple and apple tv yet. Imagine if LG's influence makes webos into a media powerhouse? Google wouldn't let you customize android for a smart tv like LG wanted. Microsoft has their media box and would be more red tape to go through to make a microsoft based product. Webos has a proven linux kernel now and supports state of the art hardware! And its got to be next to nothing to license because its open. I'm sure gram is involved with the pro stuff, but its got to be cheap to build webos if you look at it the right way.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast