webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  Open webOS General Discussion > OWOS for TP
OWOS for TP

Old 10/10/2012, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Are there any plans to build open webOS for touchpad?
eriscentro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2012, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think one of the first issues is getting the new 3.x kernel running. As mentioned before, that's mainly the reason HP did not decide to backport to TouchPad and Pre3. The main problem is drivers, and I can't remember what other technical details there were.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2012, 04:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriscentro View Post
I think our guys here, are working their butts off getting it working on Nexus. Given the limited resources, do not hold high hopes of it getting on the TP - besides drivers and a whole loads of 'stuff' that are not 'ready' in the current OWS release.
In any case who get OWS into the touchpad? wouldn't it be better to get OWS in a more lighter, modern pad device?..
daexpression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2012, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't see the point of open webOS on the Touchpad as it is less capable than 3.0.5. There is no App Catalog, no cloud backup service and no Synergy.
yorxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2012, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriscentro View Post
Have you tried the LunaCE enhancements?

A lot of Developers worked on the Beta for Lunasys that was released backed in August (?) and the CE provides more UI and enhanced options for usability/functionality on TouchPad without loosing all the 3.0.5 ecosystem support that is lacking with Open at this time...

LunaCE 4.x

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0